Ads

I hate the BO change in T1

Let's talk about... everything else
Onemantankwall

Re: I hate the BO change in T1

Post#11 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:22 am

DaWolf wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:59 am
Sulorie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:11 pm
Wiede wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:04 pm Well it's a problem for a couple of hours.

On one hand it's a good change because it stops afk leeching.

On the other hand there's no RR-alternative when RvR is empty or heavy imbalanced pop.
When rvr is imbalanced, swap side and look for fight. Especially new players can only learn with being active instead of sitting on a flag and doing nothing.
Why should we always change camps?
I am one of those people who chose their camps and who does not change them, whatever happens. You can look at my account (I only have one) I do not have a single character Order, simply because it's not in my philosophy. Why should I change this?
Regarding the leveling in T1 we can not deny that it is unfortunately not as fast as before. That she is the right slution I do not know. But this is no longer the story of a few hours.
Hmmm lets think about that question everyone why would it be a good idea to swap back and fourth?

Maybe because thats what keeps the server alive and thriving? Not only are you playing HALF of a wonderful game (personal lost) but without xrealming, order (which is the current zerger) would forever run the server because vast majority of everyone hate to lose. This will lead to a downhill cycle of 1 side getting perma wc camped until the underdog gets fed up and quits. (no one wamts to forever lose.) Ok so now 1 side is completely empty what does the zerg side do now? Well you can only take so many empty zones until you say "f it this is boring" and choose a new game Thus player zerg mentality just killed the game. Isn't xrealm such a magicial thing? This scenario is exactly what started happening on live thus after server mergers failing xrealming was born. As i said in the other whine thread either play the lower populated side or sit there and rot its all up to the player in the end.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
Tom

Post#12 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:42 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:11 pm
Wiede wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:04 pm Well it's a problem for a couple of hours.

On one hand it's a good change because it stops afk leeching.

On the other hand there's no RR-alternative when RvR is empty or heavy imbalanced pop.
When rvr is imbalanced, swap side and look for fight. Especially new players can only learn with being active instead of sitting on a flag and doing nothing.
Actually there is an RR-alternative. Scenarios have been very active past few days. Just been levelling up a new character and scs popped almost all the time while in T1, possibly as a result of the removed BO ticks?

DaWolf

Post#13 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:58 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:22 am [...]

Hmmm lets think about that question everyone why would it be a good idea to swap back and fourth?

Maybe because thats what keeps the server alive and thriving? Not only are you playing HALF of a wonderful game (personal lost) but without xrealming, order (which is the current zerger) would forever run the server because vast majority of everyone hate to lose. This will lead to a downhill cycle of 1 side getting perma wc camped until the underdog gets fed up and quits. (no one wamts to forever lose.) Ok so now 1 side is completely empty what does the zerg side do now? Well you can only take so many empty zones until you say "f it this is boring" and choose a new game Thus player zerg mentality just killed the game. Isn't xrealm such a magicial thing? This scenario is exactly what started happening on live thus after server mergers failing xrealming was born. As i said in the other whine thread either play the lower populated side or sit there and rot its all up to the player in the end.
I do not deny the usefulness of being able to change sides in order to balance the game. I do not blame the xrealms, and I apologize if the words seemed a little directive. But I do not want to play like that. I deprive myself without doubt a part of the game, it is true, but I do not want to end up going to the side of the winners just when it sings me and if one day I'm tired of being rolled over.
On the live I was in the first reroll side order when my server was unbalanced, so I know the fire, but I do not have the intention to do it here. Just a question of immerssion.

Maybe one day I will reroll a WP like on live, who knows ?!

And Ty Yali for the explanation and the great work :)

Onemantankwall

Post#14 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:46 am

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:11 am To reassure you, yes, some change are planned (not only in T1) about BOs mechanics.

It is a matter of time, we are sorry for that, but you must understand -again- the team is working on the globality of the game, step by step, in the limit of freetime and motivation (sometime an evening with family, friends, beautiful man or woman) is much more appealing than writing loooonnnng page of code :p.

So, as said, it is just a matter of time.

The Tick system was interesting and for some, very questionable.

Point is in T1, coupled with zone rotation and openings, it was an afk festival. Because of amount of pop vs game surface, map size, progression speed (relatively).

If it was not super noticable in Nordland (except the boat), DW/GW pair was a terrible exemple of the perversion of the system. Don't say thats not true, i create monthly a new character to check.

BO change, have an impact on the rythm of T1 and yes, is a problem with INF gain, but you maybe focus too much on BOs and forget what cause issues with T1.

Population vs Size of maps :
- If Nordland is small enough to motivate small amount of players (you can easily play 12 vs 12), cause its size is almost the same as a big scenario.

Problem comes with the 2 others areas. Look DW/GS : As big as any T2+ maps, but with much less players in comparison, and as a low character, you have slow mounts... Why running for 5 mins to fight when you can quietly gain more without moving ?

All the BO tick system was designed to answer a general demand to open these areas when only Nordland was playable. But it has been quickly perverted in a "fill the bar" system (not a repproach, just a fact).

So, beyond BO mechanics, the real questions are :
- Except Nordland, are other areas playable for low level according the population ?
- Is opening more than a zone in the same time a good idea ?
- Should we discard DW/GS T1 RvR from rotation (imo not a good solution for the lore, but maybe technically reasonnable), implying no INF rewards in this pairing.
- Before you suggest, twinks (to increase T1 pop) is a no go atm (atleast).

What is planned asap with BOs :
- When ready, a supply generation system gonna be added to BOs. When taken and holded for xx minutes, BO will spwan mutliple Supply boxes players will have to bring back to WC (in T1) or Keep (in T2+). Depending on distance between BO and WC these supply boxes will be more or less rewarding for the group in term of XP, INF, Renown and Resource contribution for the zone. + Plus this system should accelerate lock progression speed. If showing those carrier on minimap (not possible atm) it will be done. This will give you options : Carry, contest, defend, and intercept vs ( in T1) hold and wait the lock.
Don't take my precious ekrund/bloodhorn away! (top coolest maps in game) may your name be put in the book of grudges just for proposing the idea! Shutting down maps will never be the answer nordlands too cramped and ticks or not is 100% wc camping 98% of the time the breathing room makes for good skrimishes house/tower bos make for good funneling practice with the newbies if travel is a issue just increase 25% mount to 35-40% tho i dont have a issue taking portal/cave and running to the bo i need to be at speed seems fine. Should NOT remove entire rvr lakes to appease afk/zerg mentality easy fix to add influence into the lakes is to readd t1 bo guards from live worth decent amounts of influence and to raise influence recieved from zone cap
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Valarion

Post#15 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:28 pm

I hate the bo change as well, however, I more than understand the reasoning behind it and grudging even agree with it, as it gets more people out to lock the zone rather than afk sit on their asses.

However, defending bos accounted for a huge amount of my RR gain, especially on quiet nights on alts in underpopulated regions, etc. So it might make sense to boost the RR gain from regular areas and scs by maybe 5-25% to account for this loss.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

jonspidy

Post#16 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Valarion wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:28 pm I hate the bo change as well, however, I more than understand the reasoning behind it and grudging even agree with it, as it gets more people out to lock the zone rather than afk sit on their asses.

However, defending bos accounted for a huge amount of my RR gain, especially on quiet nights on alts in underpopulated regions, etc. So it might make sense to boost the RR gain from regular areas and scs by maybe 5-25% to account for this loss.
I couldn't agree more with you. As a NA player i usually don't get online till about 8-9pm most nights. At this time T1 is usually dead and waiting 30mins to an hour for a SC pop is brutal.

In previous posts i've asked about an XP boost item, currently there is one that reduces xp gain by 70% (I think) would it be possible to add in an item that increases XP gain by like 50% or something around that amount? That way at least trying to grind out T1 isn't as bad. Maybe even make it so it doesn't work past level 16? (Even though i would love it to go past 16 that way it's a lot faster to get to T4 Sc's)
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

Kitsumy

Post#17 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:59 pm

What is planned asap with BOs :
- When ready, a supply generation system gonna be added to BOs. When taken and holded for xx minutes, BO will spwan mutliple Supply boxes players will have to bring back to WC (in T1) or Keep (in T2+). Depending on distance between BO and WC these supply boxes will be more or less rewarding for the group in term of XP, INF, Renown and Resource contribution for the zone. + Plus this system should accelerate lock progression speed. If showing those carrier on minimap (not possible atm) it will be done. This will give you options : Carry, contest, defend, and intercept vs ( in T1) hold and wait the lock.

question: that xp and rp gain would be for all the zone?? i hope so. if not it will be a race about who can grab the supply boxes faster to get the xp

Hydrium

Post#18 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:34 pm

T1 is trash during NA time, it's just a pve grindfest and we all know how well PvE grindfests worked out for live.

Ads