Recent Topics

Ads

Is this working as intended ?.

Let's talk about... everything else
Gatto

Re: Is this working as intended ?.

Post#41 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:01 pm

agree with peter, WLs are counterable with tanks and heals, game is not balanced around 1v1.
The only thing is force opportunity, it was changed as armor debuff past rr 90-100 patch, before it was a crit buff for the pet http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/Wh ... _%28WAR%29 and afaik we will never have rr90-100 sets.
group wise it would change nothing for the wl since you rely on tank m1 anyway.
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Ads
Zxul

Post#42 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Funny tread.

On my magus (LLell) in tank spec, I killed every single wl which tried to 1v1 vs me.

On my lvl 27 dps chosen (Cxul), solo roaming I kill wls just fine, including lvl 40 ones.

In zerg environment, I consider wls one of first targets (if no healer to attack in range), just cause they are so squishy.

Such an overpowered class :roll:
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#43 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:00 am
Diggot wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:56 am So you're saying that White Lion's damage isn't too much ?.
Their survivability and agility is balanced compared to their dmg ?.

I'm not the only one getting instantly killed by WL's at will,
maybe if you did a poll on the forums about this class, you'd see
a VAST majority of players considering this class way over the top in burst.
A WL can’t burst anyone down with proper guard/heals alone. It’s a team game, WL is the easiest/best class at punishing mistakes. Minimize those mistakes and you cut down on their effectivess more than any other DPS class in the game.
"its a team game" .... except for WL

Back this winter they said(DEV) that DOK was pug killer and this MUST BE FIX they completly change DOK, nerf even more SH but still havent touch WL..... and they wont.

Yes Diggot this is working as intended.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#44 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:26 pm

I plan on touching WL. Change has been asked for.

Their gimmick is junk. Being able to burst down a target in moments followed by long periods of uselessness has always been a problem for the class. Not looking to rebuild the class like prior attempts, just moving pieces into sensible places. There can be a satisfying middle ground for players and victims alike.

If you have thoughts, use the balance forum for proposals.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Telen
Suspended

Post#45 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:27 pm

Pugkillers refer more to classes that dominate pug situations by providing more than one archetype role in a situation where archetypes are usually missing. Old AM/Shaman as well was a pugkiller.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#46 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:32 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:26 pm I plan on touching WL. Change has been asked for.

Their gimmick is junk. Being able to burst down a target in moments followed by long periods of uselessness has always been a problem for the class. Not looking to rebuild the class like prior attempts, just moving pieces into sensible places. There can be a satisfying middle ground for players and victims alike.
Yeah, remember when they made it marauder lite, solved all of that and you reverted it just because?

Are we going to apply the same treatment for every other class that can destroy you in 1vs1 like Whs/we and the like or is just tears that fuel this kneejerk machine?

Nekkma

Post#47 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:48 pm

WL is a fun class that plays somewhat unique compared to other melee because of its burts and mobility. I can never understand why so many people are hell-bent on making this game as bland as possible by removing the things that makes it unique and fun.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

gandresch

Post#48 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:50 pm

And the constant whine wins again. That is so sad. Sigh

Ads
Stortz

Post#49 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:51 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:26 pm I plan on touching WL. Change has been asked for.

If you have thoughts, use the balance forum for proposals.
any thread in particular where we can input some feedback?
I have a ton of issues regarding the pet which can use a little tweaking (mainly buffing it into the S tier viability)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#50 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Right, forgot the cardinal rule. Don't respond to people on the forum. Never anything good that comes from it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog