Recent Topics

Ads

When New Gear of 2h tank release?

Let's talk about... everything else
Gangan

Re: When New Gear of 2h tank release?

Post#41 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:00 pm

Chinesehero wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:52 am When Bastion Stairs open?
over 2 weeks time and no action
(...)
Soon ;)
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads
Tesq

Post#42 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:01 pm

more like any 2h def option at the horizeon? sentinel is not a lot def buit rather utility

Alresidas

Post#43 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Tesq wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:01 pm more like any 2h def option at the horizeon? sentinel is not a lot def buit rather utility
I personally hope new sets are being used to shift the focus from semi-horizontal - slowly creeping vertical progression - to a more natural horizontal progression.

Say, dedicating mechanical tweaks (e.g.: sentinel boni; taunt, cc-break, ...) and procs to exclusively benefit the group rather than the individual wearing the set (e.g.: invader IB/BG/SM/Blorc procs) - thereby gating any potential powercreep behind the requirement of actual group play, and the myriads of min-max efforts it entails.

Obviously there are bound to be issues with this approach (e.g.: stack hierachy), but it'd be worth trying in my opinion - tho' I'd suggest to salvage old, easily accessible sets for a test like that, so as to achieve a proper sample size to gauge its effects.

I think set reworks like that could be especially beneficial to sub40's and gently push them towards group play, seeing as the subtle hints in the toolkits of classes alone don't seem to achive that...

Zxul

Post#44 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:40 pm

Alresidas wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:07 pm
Tesq wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:01 pm more like any 2h def option at the horizeon? sentinel is not a lot def buit rather utility
I personally hope new sets are being used to shift the focus from semi-horizontal - slowly creeping vertical progression - to a more natural horizontal progression.

Say, dedicating mechanical tweaks (e.g.: sentinel boni; taunt, cc-break, ...) and procs to exclusively benefit the group rather than the individual wearing the set (e.g.: invader IB/BG/SM/Blorc procs) - thereby gating any potential powercreep behind the requirement of actual group play, and the myriads of min-max efforts it entails.

Obviously there are bound to be issues with this approach (e.g.: stack hierachy), but it'd be worth trying in my opinion - tho' I'd suggest to salvage old, easily accessible sets for a test like that, so as to achieve a proper sample size to gauge its effects.

I think set reworks like that could be especially beneficial to sub40's and gently push them towards group play, seeing as the subtle hints in the toolkits of classes alone don't seem to achive that...
And this is how you make sure that your new armor sets won't be used by a single player, watch and learn.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Nameless

Post#45 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:10 am

Bs set being dps for healer + the need to complete all previous pve to enter means that u will need quite some luck to get 2 healers for the run
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Sulorie

Post#46 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:17 am

Nameless wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:10 am Bs set being dps for healer + the need to complete all previous pve to enter means that u will need quite some luck to get 2 healers for the run
Those dps healers just spec heal for the dungeon, I see no problem. Any true healers will do the dungeon as well, because next Lost Vale set will be for healing again.
Dying is no option.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#47 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:57 am

New weapons are being polished by your friendly neighborhood merchants. All of them are sharper and stabbier than what you're all wielding now, and many of them look nothing like what you've seen here yet. The next gear set is currently getting hammered away by the blacksmiths around the clock, that should also be accompanied by another shipment of weapons as well. The weaponsmiths are however reaching a zenith in their arms race, such that they are approaching a plateau in terms of lethality so don't expect (or worry about) any massive leaps and bounds between current arms tech and future hardware.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

orillah
Suspended

Post#48 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:39 am

The overall approach of thinking that its ok to "force" some playstyle on people, in a riveved for pleasure and nostalgia game is kinda troublesome.

Ads
Tesq

Post#49 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:31 am

I like the progression just dont that def set for tank are s+b def/block based while 2h = offeanove tank.

Imo pve for tanks could be def for 2h while off set is delivered in sc. Ppl will still do both 2 carrot are bettere than one. Same for other classes. Hybdrid set can go into pve.

Ototo

Post#50 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:08 am

Tesq wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:31 am I like the progression just dont that def set for tank are s+b def/block based while 2h = offeanove tank.

Imo pve for tanks could be def for 2h while off set is delivered in sc. Ppl will still do both 2 carrot are bettere than one. Same for other classes. Hybdrid set can go into pve.
This is a wise statement.
Chinesehero wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:34 pm i dont think new gear come in the way of PVE is good. how many ppl have finish City dungeons??? Ask make a team make a whole day and ppl may leave during the trip and it usually stop
ROR is the main on RVR and SC.
And this is a person taking her/his own feelings and turning them into a fact.
Spoiler: