Recent Topics

Ads

Block/parry

Let's talk about... everything else
Ramasee

Re: Block/parry

Post#11 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:09 pm

Source? Most of this can be collected through conversations devs have had over the years here on the forums. I never saved the forum threads, but I did keep the information. In addition, most of this is exactly as it was on live, with a few exceptions. Then you can take it into the game and verify it.

Currently for parry/dodge/disrupt the formula goes like this.

Actual_avoidance_rate = Cap25%((Your_DefenseStat / Enemy_OffenseStat) * 7.5) + Parry/Dodge/Disrupt_value_items - Enemy_Strikethrough_items

Block I honestly am not sure if this has been changed. However if it is the same as Londo put it to be....
% = (shield rating / 100) + (Renown Training +Tactic + Buffs) - (Enemy_blockstrikethrough)
I have never really bothered to verify this as it has only ever accounted for maybe 2.5-5% block depending on character level.

viewtopic.php?t=965

Ads
tazdingo

Post#12 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:40 am

1050 offensive stat vs 1050 defensive stat = 7.5% avoidance was the most recent dev confirmation i recieved

Gangan

Post#13 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:13 am

Would be handy to have a spreadsheet with all important "confirmed" formulas and calculations, to have a better overview.
It's sometimes annoying and tiring to have to search through endless discussions with lots and lots of wrong infos and guessing 😅
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Alsayr

Post#14 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:17 am

Stortz wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:09 am If it's a melee attack:
- checks for parry -> checks for block

if it's a ranged attack:
- checks for block -> checks for disrupt (magic) or dodge (arrows/shots/bombs)
Are you sure ? If i remember block > parry (and was be first checked in any attacks) ??
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#15 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:22 am

Gangan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:13 am Would be handy to have a spreadsheet with all important "confirmed" formulas and calculations, to have a better overview.
It's sometimes annoying and tiring to have to search through endless discussions with lots and lots of wrong infos and guessing 😅
Rydiak already made his titanic work over here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Gangan

Post#16 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:44 pm

Rockalypse wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:22 am
Gangan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:13 am Would be handy to have a spreadsheet with all important "confirmed" formulas and calculations, to have a better overview.
Rydiak already made his titanic work over here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
:shock: Wooow

That's awesome 🤩
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald