Recent Topics

Ads

Any chance for Overlord/Imp to return?

Let's talk about... everything else
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: Any chance for Overlord/Imp to return?

Post#31 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Seals are currency for an 18+ month defunct system. They will never be able to purchase anything more than is able to be purchased right now, and they will soon stop dropping altogether.

Ads
Spierron

Post#32 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:30 pm

it's understandable, it was one of the few remaining interesting things from RvR, removes them will make the pve even more attractive.

the thing that replaced the overlord/imperator was created for troll and nothing else

Zxul

Post#33 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:01 pm

How about still allowing buying renown pots with them after the change, even if they stop dropping? Instead of people who didn't read the forums/ were away finding out that hundreds which they possibly have have no more use.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#34 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:05 pm

You'll still be able to visit the vendors and spend your seals, but they're going to stop dropping.

The renown pots and weapons will also be able to be bought with relevant currency.

Imp/Overlord which is currently unavailable, will eventually made available, just not with seals defunct seals.

kmark101

Post#35 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:46 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:05 pm You'll still be able to visit the vendors and spend your seals, but they're going to stop dropping.

The renown pots and weapons will also be able to be bought with relevant currency.

Imp/Overlord which is currently unavailable, will eventually made available, just not with seals defunct seals.
This is very disappointing and I don't understand the reason. There is this cool unique set and currency that actually takes time, hurts noone, as balanced as it's possible, provides a nice alternative way of progression AND all players love it (all of them).

It would be nice if you guys could re-consider this decision, as I believe this takes zero coding time as the whole system is already in place, working perfectly and noone ever had any issue with it. More aspects is better, especially with time consuming community projects.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#36 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:47 am

That cool and unique set is currently not even attainable. That cool and unique currency is redundant additional trash that only drops in certain zones and fills your inventory. Seals were meant to encourage you to debolster to fill empty t2/t3 zones. It's no longer a thing. What about this is difficult to comprehend?

Zxul

Post#37 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:59 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:47 am That cool and unique set is currently not even attainable. That cool and unique currency is redundant additional trash that only drops in certain zones and fills your inventory. Seals were meant to encourage you to debolster to fill empty t2/t3 zones. It's no longer a thing. What about this is difficult to comprehend?
What made this currency fun is that with the kill quests, which are completed at decent rate, you can actually feel your progress- instead of getting 0.5% of the purple bar filled, or taking another hour and a half to get 1 kill out of 9 that are needed for whatever ward. Watching the kill count getting closer to 100, and knowing you will actually getting something more useful then 1 gold, made it actually satisfying in a way, even if the actual main rewards were removed (+lot were hoping for some new ones eventually to show up).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

SmackdownNinja

Post#38 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:11 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:05 pm You'll still be able to visit the vendors and spend your seals, but they're going to stop dropping.

Its a relief to see that they will return at some point. I also appreciate you taking time to answer this. Also good to see that people will have a chance to continue to spend their seals once they stop droping. Thanks Nork!

This thread should be closed due to my question being answered.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Ads
kmark101

Post#39 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:50 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:47 am That cool and unique set is currently not even attainable. That cool and unique currency is redundant additional trash that only drops in certain zones and fills your inventory. Seals were meant to encourage you to debolster to fill empty t2/t3 zones. It's no longer a thing. What about this is difficult to comprehend?
It's because it's a cool alternative progression, that might not have been designed for end game, but actually worked really great in practice. It was one of the progressions that I was actually checking from time to time, not just grinding. It was some little fun and now I can see I'm not the only one. That's all, we can live without it, but if something is already there that people like, why remove it?
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

dalen
Developer

Post#40 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:41 am

kmark101 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:46 am This is very disappointing and I don't understand the reason. There is this cool unique set and currency that actually takes time, hurts noone, as balanced as it's possible, provides a nice alternative way of progression AND all players love it (all of them).

It would be nice if you guys could re-consider this decision, as I believe this takes zero coding time as the whole system is already in place, working perfectly and noone ever had any issue with it. More aspects is better, especially with time consuming community projects.
The way those kill quests worked you got seals at a much higher rate by zerging than from small scale roaming. I didn't particularly like that system. So that statement about all players liking it is just false.

Being able to buy renown pots from regular rvr and scenario currency is a change I for one welcome.
Source Developer