Recent Topics

Ads

SH AA damage not insrease from tactics. (Part 1)

Let's talk about... everything else
roadkillrobin

Re: SH AA damage not insrease from tactics. (Part 1)

Post#61 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:29 pm

1k ST dps burst is actually on the really low end. It's actually what you're able to do on a SnB tank. 1k should be your sustained dps against a gurded target with a dps class. I bet WL do around 3-4k dps burst rotations.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#62 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:05 pm

xanderous wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:36 pmYour about 11 on the triggered scale, which SH hurt you so bad :shock:
I am not sure you can try to say people are triggered after you went into a rant about how a 25% speed increase is useless because RKd exist and ams can dot you and you die because you dont have friends.

But hey, you can keep getting mad that they are telling you that games that are balanced around groups dont care about how stupid you are for not getting one.
Grunbag wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:03 amI know what he means , just trying to explain that AA damage stat and melee damage stat are 2 different stats , unless the tooltip mention AA damage , it’s usually not increased
I dont know what is with devs on this server and not adressing the point, cool, you are trying to explain something that is unrelated to the topìc at all.

Seriously, what you say has no basis on reality or the game, when it says attacks, it always is also about Auto attacks, because, thats what AA means, so either change the tooltip or make it so it boosts attacks too, someone already mentioned the Ritual of zealot as an example of it but simply looking at Flanking tactic would already show you how what you say its not true at all.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#63 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:03 pm

bloodi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:05 pm
xanderous wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:36 pmYour about 11 on the triggered scale, which SH hurt you so bad :shock:
I am not sure you can try to say people are triggered after you went into a rant about how a 25% speed increase is useless because RKd exist and ams can dot you and you die because you dont have friends.

But hey, you can keep getting mad that they are telling you that games that are balanced around groups dont care about how stupid you are for not getting one.
Grunbag wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:03 amI know what he means , just trying to explain that AA damage stat and melee damage stat are 2 different stats , unless the tooltip mention AA damage , it’s usually not increased
I dont know what is with devs on this server and not adressing the point, cool, you are trying to explain something that is unrelated to the topìc at all.

Seriously, what you say has no basis on reality or the game, when it says attacks, it always is also about Auto attacks, because, thats what AA means, so either change the tooltip or make it so it boosts attacks too, someone already mentioned the Ritual of zealot as an example of it but simply looking at Flanking tactic would already show you how what you say its not true at all.
Ok maybe my English is not perfect so you don’t get what I meant :

Zealot one says all Attack (which mean any source of damage , ranged , Magic , melee, autoattack).
Squig Herder says : Melee attack (not from magic , ranged, autoattack). Every damage source got its own stat and melee attack / Autoattack are not considered the same stat. Autoattack cannot being considered ranged / melee . There is no melee autoattack damage stat . Maybe the tooltip is not clear enough and it should mention melee damage or specified autoattack . But this should be discussed in balance .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

bloodi
Suspended

Post#64 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:03 pmOk maybe my English is not perfect so you don’t get what I meant :

Zealot one says all Attack (which mean any source of damage , ranged , Magic , melee, autoattack).
Squig Herder says : Melee attack (not from magic , ranged, autoattack). Every damage source got its own stat and melee attack / Autoattack are not considered the same stat. Autoattack cannot being considered ranged / melee . There is no melee autoattack damage stat . Maybe the tooltip is not clear enough and it should mention melee damage or specified autoattack . But this should be discussed in balance .
Again, its not a problem with your english, its a problem with you not replying to what has been said to you, is not really a major issue or anything like that but its happening again, you are explaining me again the differences between stats and all that when you are missing the point completely.

It does say melee attacks, does not mention auto attacks, however, autottacks are indeed, melee attacks, this is not debatable.

Flanking tactic, only mentions "attacks" increases both melee attacks and ability damage, Zealot ritual, same thing, says "attacks" and all attacks count, ranged, melee or abilities.

What i am trying to get across here, is that is just you the one that makes that distinction between "melee attack" and "auto attack", nowhere in game those rules are applied and not till now anyone ever separated them.

And i am fine with whatever, i dont care if the AA damage is raised or not but your logic is not sound, every other tactic that mentions attacks, includes all attacks, including Auto attacks, they are not a special thing and they are indeed considered the same stat and get benefit from it.

So either change the tooltip or make it increase the attack damage, thats all. But please, do not explain to me the differences again, i get it completely, that is not the problem.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#65 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:49 pm

Again , I can’t increase only melee auto attack and not ranged auto attack . And I know how it has been designed cause it’s pretty clear in the DB : what is increase with this tactic is Melee Damage (auto attack is not included in this stat) for the reason that it would also increase ranged auto attack (because there is no difference from squig Herder ranged aa and melee aa it’s the same attack) . The effect of TA is to reduce Ranged damage and increase melee damage . If we increase AA damage it will increase AA for melee and ranged and ranged in meant to be nerfed with TA
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Hargrim
Developer

Post#66 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:11 pm

It should read and will probably be changed to:

Your Battle Squig will not tolerate having any other squigs around. Your armour is increased by the amount you gain from items. Your ranged abilities will do less damage, but your melee abilities will do 25% more damage and Squig Leap will have no cooldown.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#67 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:49 pm Again , I can’t increase only melee auto attack and not ranged auto attack . And I know how it has been designed cause it’s pretty clear in the DB : what is increase with this tactic is Melee Damage (auto attack is not included in this stat) for the reason that it would also increase ranged auto attack (because there is no difference from squig Herder ranged aa and melee aa it’s the same attack) . The effect of TA is to reduce Ranged damage and increase melee damage . If we increase AA damage it will increase AA for melee and ranged and ranged in meant to be nerfed with TA
I will try to be as cleas as i can:

Melee Damage, is not a stat in RoR, if you mean Melee Power, then it does increase auto attack damage.

I am not telling you how the tactic is designed, i am however telling you how every other tactic behaves when it says "attacks" and how this one is inconsistent with them all.

I am not telling you to make it increase the damage no matter what, if it cannot do so for balance reason, great, however, change the tooltip then, because its misleading.

And if we are to take opinion here, if you really are not increasing the autottack damage because you are worried it will make Ranged SH use it, well, dont worry, it only works in Squig Armor, so, there is no ranged auto attacks that will ever happen, so, i dont really know why you are bringing this up.
Hargrim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:11 pm It should read and will probably be changed to:

Your Battle Squig will not tolerate having any other squigs around. Your armour is increased by the amount you gain from items. Your ranged abilities will do less damage, but your melee abilities will do 25% more damage and Squig Leap will have no cooldown.
This would be enough but again, i really cannot figure why a tactic that requires you to be in squig armor to function, making you unable to use ranged AAs, will ever be problematic because it increases your ranged AAs damage but hey.

roadkillrobin

Post#68 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Coz you can jump out of Squig Armor and, as i'm understanding it, you're supose to have the ranged nega trait even then if you have the tactic slotted.

Ads
Ramasee

Post#69 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Path of Big Bouncin' abilities is even more clear than melee abilities.

Also just because the tactics flavor text says you need to be in squig armor doesn't mean its actually coded that way. Its likely a clone of loner with maybe an additional condition added.

xanderous

Post#70 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:22 pm

bloodi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:05 pm

Your assumption that i was mad is so sublimely cute that it should be put on display for others to behold its sweet innocence, though i would admit it could have come off as rant if you have set in stone point of view, however the factors i listed were perfectly valid, no matter how much you chose to undermine them with such comments.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer