Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen vs. Black Orc

Let's talk about... everything else
Kcro

Chosen vs. Black Orc

Post#1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:04 pm

So I'm stuck between choosing the two. I'm an experienced tank from other mmo's so skill level doesn't really sway my opinion much but I'm just looking for which one is a better overall tank in pve and pvp.

Ads
Razid1987

Re: Chosen vs. Black Orc

Post#2 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:08 pm

Chosen is the support tank. You give your party/warband aura's that you have to twist all the time. If you want to go sword and board, this is probably your class.

Black Ocs are more offensive. They can do pretty good damage considering that they are a tank. If you want to go 2hander, this is probably your choice.

In the end, I'd say go with what you like the feel off best. Balance shouldn't be your main concern. You might be strong, but what is it worth, if you don't like to play your class?

Vaul

Post#3 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Kcro wrote:... I'm just looking for which one is a better overall tank in pve and pvp.
Chosen
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Bozzax

Post#4 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:37 pm

Chosen
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

skywalker

Post#5 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:40 pm

i can kill both so choose what you like :P kisses from Narrow

Rexsuar
Former Staff

Post#6 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:42 pm

If you want to go PURE Turtle TANK go Chosen, If you want Tank with a bit more DPS then all other tanks in game the BO is the Best DPS Tank in WAR
Spoiler:
I'm always recording. ;)

Bozzax

Post#7 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:45 pm

1.49 was a patch making SM/BO better, hint hint (never made live because of shutdown)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

madwasp

Post#8 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:54 pm

If u cant decide try BlackGuard: the "dark-golden way"! :D
Last edited by madwasp on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Fey

Post#9 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:24 pm

I've played Black Orc/SM extensively on live and I'm sad to say that stacked up against the other tanks B.O. offers less because, as mentioned above, they do more dps. I saw a youtube vid back in the day where dude was getting 4k crits which made me drool.

I would go with chosen to fit the tank role better.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:54 pm

Razid1987 wrote:Chosen is the support tank. You give your party/warband aura's that you have to twist all the time. If you want to go sword and board, this is probably your class.

Black Ocs are more offensive. They can do pretty good damage considering that they are a tank. If you want to go 2hander, this is probably your choice.

In the end, I'd say go with what you like the feel off best. Balance shouldn't be your main concern. You might be strong, but what is it worth, if you don't like to play your class?
Dont listen to razid she plays ordo so she dosnt know what shes talking about ;)

go chosen, its a class thats great in both pve and pvp you offer great buffs for your team espically if you go sword and board and has a lot of team play orinted abalities

IMHO i dont know why everyone is saying BO has "great dps" bo is one of the weakest dps tanks in the game you have a lot of hit points but you hit like a wet noodle TRUST ME I played BO up to t3 before the shutdown and the only way i felt like i was hitting nice was when i used bugged LOTD weps and stacked crits, BO isnt meant to deal dmg, you buff your grp mates and you stand their and take hits your a big wall of metal and green that just annoys order making them say, "why wont you just die"

if you want to deal damage but dont want to get blown up as a choppa or be op broken as mura's then you can try off class BG the class is at its full potential when you use glaives instead of SnB tough it might not feel like it till you get banish weakness and away creatins