Recent Topics

Ads

"realm is overpopulated"

Let's talk about... everything else
Tom

"realm is overpopulated"

Post#1 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:02 pm

How can i see that the realm is overpopulated when i go into zones or before i enter a fight? Is it that I need to add something to Buffhead or have i somehow disabled some visual icon? Am i missing something?

I try to look out for the blue AAO icon, but then I need to find enemies first, and I dont always see it and there is no icon on me indicating the overpopulation.

It is very disheartening to receive the message the realm is overpopulated AFTER the fight, and that there is 0 xp and 0 renown when levelling low level character, especially when surviving fights against higher level/ranked enemies? I would have tried to avoid a predetermined 100% risk 0% reward situation.

Ads

Tom

Re: "realm is overpopulated"

Post#3 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Rockalypse wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:18 pm viewtopic.php?f=66&t=22771&hilit=sor
Huh? Will that addontell me if overpopulated zone?

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:56 pm

It will tell you which zones are active, what BOs are taken, what door is under attack and it's %, lord's % of health and AAO %.

Skullgrin

Post#5 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:31 pm

In addition to using State of the Realm addon, you can use Zonepop to get a relatively accurate count of the players in each zone. It doesn't track hidden/anonymous players properly, but will still give you a good idea of the population.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Tom

Post#6 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:32 pm

Thank you for suggestions - those seem to be kind of indirect solutions. Would be cleaner if it was an icon showing, much like the AAO icon, but saying realm overpopulated- and how much reduction xp/rr is currently.
Btw when does overpopulation kick in? And is there a sliding scale of diminishing reward?