Recent Topics

Ads

Unreal voices on every kill with Enemy Killspam addon Mod

Let's talk about... everything else
psycotrance

Unreal voices on every kill with Enemy Killspam addon Mod

Post#1 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:36 am

ENEMY KILLSPAM MOD

This addon is a modification to the current "Enemy" addon.
It enables up to 15 different customizable sounds from the computer to be played on every killing blow you do!

The kill voices count restarts on every change zone or when dieing.
You need the Enemy addon installed and Killspam parsing activated.
Any Ideas and Suggestions appreciated.

HOW TO INSTALL:

Dowload the zip file and copy/paste the two folders on the WAR folder, confirm the folders merge and overwrite the Killspam.lua file
To hear the voices you need to open the "Killspam32.exe" or "Kilspam64.exe" inside "logs" folder, that is the sound player.
Right click and select "send to" "desktop create shortcut" so you can open the sound player easily.
IMPORTANT: Windows 10 users, after run the sound player, go to windows volume and raise up the killspam volume to your desired level.

CHANGELOG:

enemy-killspam-mod-1.0 --> First version
enemy-killspam-mod-1.1 --> Fixed voice nº15, corrected a bug that does not reset the kill counts on entering sc
enemy-killspam-mod-1.2 --> Fixed voices not playing when killing more than one player with one hit
enemy-killspam-mod-1.3 --> Added a count reboot, when the killing streak reaches 15, voices start over again from 1st
enemy-killspam-mod-1.4 --> Fixed the count reboot, now it will restart properly each 15 kills. Other small fixes.
enemy-killspam-mod-1.5 --> Added "Retribution" feature. Added SC POP notification voice. Fixed count restart.

Last version 1.5 is STABLE and have no known bugs!
Future updates are not discarded, but for the moment will keep the main version 1.5

NEW VERSION FEATURES

The new version 1.5+ includes the "Retribution" feature, that is:
- If you kill the last player who killed you before, you get the "Retribution" voice!
Put the mouse on your Enemy kill/death window to see the name of the player who killed you, so you can know who to kill to get the retribution.
- 1.5+ also includes a SC POP voice that will warn you when you get a sc pop, even if you are in windows with the game window minimized!! So you can use your computer while waiting for SC, and get notified by a sound when it pops!
* The SC POP alert feature have been taken from ScenarioAlert addon from Caffeine, credits to him.

DOWNLOADS

enemy-killspam-mod-1.5.zip

ENEMY KILLSPAM SOUND PACKS

enemy-killspam-sounds-unreal.zip (Default)
enemy-killspam-sounds-unreal3.zip (NEW)
enemy-killspam-sounds-halo4.zip (NEW)

To install the sound pack you want to use, copy and merge/overwrite the files into WAR folder /logs/audio

Hope you everyone enjoy it, askme here for any doubts, and leave your comments!
Last edited by psycotrance on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Psycotrance (shaman dps)
Smokegreen (magus)

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: Unreal voices on every kill with Enemy Killspam addon Mod

Post#2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:41 am

Oh boy

psycotrance

Post#3 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:53 pm

After being working all the day i finally got it, customizable sounds on every killing blow, up to +15 voices
Some improvements needs to be done, but the MOD is working as intended!
Last edited by psycotrance on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:55 am, edited 7 times in total.
Psycotrance (shaman dps)
Smokegreen (magus)

oaliaen

Post#4 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:14 am

Can you make the voice like WAAAAGH from DOW ?

psycotrance

Post#5 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Yes you can take any mp3 or audio file, convert it to .wav format and change the name of the file to kbx.wav where x is a number from 1 to 15, then overwrite the files into WAR folder /logs/audio

I will add support for playing mp3 also on future releases.

Other idea is to gather different sets of voices and prepare a download index here
Psycotrance (shaman dps)
Smokegreen (magus)

Glorian

Post#6 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:38 pm

Lesti likes.
Need to gather the soundfiles from the german sniper from company of heroes. :)

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:46 pm

cant you just use the Deathblow addon?

psycotrance

Post#8 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:14 pm

@ TenTonHammer:
I took a look at Deathblow addon, but it have no customizable sounds from computer, only ingame sounds, like Enemy already does.
Psycotrance (shaman dps)
Smokegreen (magus)

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#9 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:30 pm

psycotrance wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:14 pm @ TenTonHammer:
I took a look at Deathblow addon, but it have no customizable sounds from computer, only ingame sounds, like Enemy already does.
Thats because the war API doesn't allow for external sounds.. textures yes, but sounds no
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

psycotrance

Post#10 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:00 pm

The API doesn't allow external sounds, but writting a log did the trick.
I get the idea from Caffeine's ScenarioAlert addon.
Enemy writes a line to a log that is a text file, and then a secondary program reads the log to play the sounds on every change.
Im not a hard code programmer, but managed to get it working.
I hope the people enjoy it, and i feel good for making my contribution to this great game to make it even funnier!
Psycotrance (shaman dps)
Smokegreen (magus)