Recent Topics

Ads

test guard

Let's talk about... everything else
Smellybelly

Re: test guard

Post#31 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:45 pm

And another point as a friend just brought up is the plethora of "parry strikethrough" items you can get. Its not impossible to get at least 10% and that makes block even more valuable since very few items give block strikethrough.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#32 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:41 pm I dont think a cap would be neccesary. A snb tank is still dying last. It would just allow them some added avoidance so they could spec a little more offensive. Which is what they need to rival 2h in smallscale.
What will 2h get in return to rival SnB in largescale? Point being that I don't necessarily see an issue with SnB not being as mandatory in smallscale as it is in largescale, but if we want to incentivise some SnB play in smallscale (which isn't a bad thing in and of itself), then there are already some great (and easy) suggestions floating about that don't necessarily revolve around marginalising and/or penalising 2h.

Diversity is good.

Nekkma

Post#33 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:49 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:41 pm Its statistically possibly but very unlikely and thats why your way of looking at it makes it a bit wierd, since it is a possibility and you choose to ignore it since its uncomfy to take that into consideration
I am not ignoring anything. I am stating that if you do not accept the argument of probability then any sort of crazy arguments can be presented which are extremly unlikely to happen. And it is not "my way of looking at it" as it is not an oppinion, it is how you calculated probability. It is you who have a peculiar way of looking at it.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Smellybelly

Post#34 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:54 pm

Nekkma wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:49 pm
Smellybelly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:41 pm Its statistically possibly but very unlikely and thats why your way of looking at it makes it a bit wierd, since it is a possibility and you choose to ignore it since its uncomfy to take that into consideration
I am not ignoring anything. I am stating that if you do not accept the argument of probability then any sort of crazy arguments can be presented which are extremly unlikely to happen. And it is not "my way of looking at it" as it is not an oppinion, it is how you calculated probability. It is you who have a peculiar way of looking at it.
I guess i do. I focus on the actual mechanic, not the parser numbers

hogun

Post#35 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:00 pm

the objective has never been to do anything to the 2H tank, but maybe to review the management mode of the parry vs guard. and maybe in this case the 2H could recover this 50%. because the 2H choose to take damage in place of his guard seems to me fine, that he makes them all disappear easily it is in my opinion not very logical.

and this modification of the parry must not only impact the 2H but all tanks
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#36 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:06 pm

People seem to ignore the fact that Block avoids all attacks, magical, ranged and melee, while Parry only avoids melee attacks. Seems fair that you get more Parry than Block for the same amount of renown points. Only focusing on what it does when it comes to Guard ignores the fact that Block is simply superior to Parry overall.

Nekkma

Post#37 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:08 pm

magicthighs wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:06 pm People seem to ignore the fact that Block avoids all attacks, magical, ranged and melee, while Parry only avoids melee attacks. Seems fair that you get more Parry than Block for the same amount of renown points. Only focusing on what it does when it comes to Guard ignores the fact that Block is simply superior to Parry overall.
It is pretty much only Hogun that want to treat it like that. To some extent it is the same artificial sense of balancing that exists in the balance forum rules, e.g. looking at abilities in isolation.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Telen
Suspended

Post#38 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:18 pm

magicthighs wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:06 pm People seem to ignore the fact that Block avoids all attacks, magical, ranged and melee, while Parry only avoids melee attacks. Seems fair that you get more Parry than Block for the same amount of renown points. Only focusing on what it does when it comes to Guard ignores the fact that Block is simply superior to Parry overall.
main stats not providing strikethrough vs renown avoidance. Its not the difference it was on live. I dont want to go back to opening that can of worms again though.

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#39 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:23 pm

The thing is if you take a look at the whole picture, you will see that parry is indeed may be better at defending against guard damage BUT block is better at PvP encounters. So, if parry was changed, then block would be equal at guarding and still better at PvP than parry which would cross the idea of balance among defensive stats.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Nekkma

Post#40 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Yeah, beeing able to stack high parry is a good thing as that makes 2h tanks viable. 2h tanks is a good thing as it provides diversity to the game.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron