Recent Topics

Ads

Why 2h tanks are not considered "true" tanks?

Let's talk about... everything else
mubbl

Re: Why 2h tanks are not considered "true" tanks?

Post#101 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFu2yHFl3s4&t=121s
think it is still pretty accurate

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#102 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:33 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:40 pm The change was predicated on the misconceptions that 2h tanks were rendering SnB useless (false - just go to RvR to find out), and that they were overperforming in general - hence the abundance of 2h tanks in smallscale - when in reality it is more a case of SnB not offering much anymore (with several changes over the years to various SnB specs), and not having access to a 10-second punt (I can't stress how BIG this is).
This ^

Zanilos

Post#103 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:36 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:40 pm
Telen wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:10 pm 2h aren’t meant to be tanks because they weren’t meant to block guard damage. This change required the guard reduction. Either you have 2h that have reduced guard or you go back to 2h that can’t risk using guard.
Where is the detaunt for 2h? The gap closers? The incoming heal debuffs?

2h tanks were meant to be tanks. Changes that were made in the past few months have been indicative of this: You Wot?! allowing 2h BOs to perform their role of offensive tank (an emergency get-out-of-jail card when focused), bringing Anger Drives Me back down and removing Rebounding Hatred (so that a 2h BG could effectively deal with Guard damage while performing his role of offensive/utility tank), etc.

The change was predicated on the misconceptions that 2h tanks were rendering SnB useless (false - just go to RvR to find out), and that they were overperforming in general - hence the abundance of 2h tanks in smallscale - when in reality it is more a case of SnB not offering much anymore (with several changes over the years to various SnB specs), and not having access to a 10-second punt (I can't stress how BIG this is).
Some of issues around 2hndr tanks are gear related, there are plently of weapons with speed boosts on hit. The only issues I have had with 2 hndr tanks is that they seem to be every SC with a load of regular tanks on top. Guards for everyone.

I think that it should be decided amongst you, are they dps or not? If they are not dps, nerf their dps to S+B dps.

Luth

Post#104 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:03 pm

Telen wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:10 pm 2h aren’t meant to be tanks because they weren’t meant to block guard damage
Care to post the source of your claim or at least what makes you think so? Otherwise people shouldn't waste their time arguing against an incomplete argument.

peterthepan3

Post#105 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:57 pm

Zanilos wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:36 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:40 pm
Telen wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:10 pm 2h aren’t meant to be tanks because they weren’t meant to block guard damage. This change required the guard reduction. Either you have 2h that have reduced guard or you go back to 2h that can’t risk using guard.
Where is the detaunt for 2h? The gap closers? The incoming heal debuffs?

2h tanks were meant to be tanks. Changes that were made in the past few months have been indicative of this: You Wot?! allowing 2h BOs to perform their role of offensive tank (an emergency get-out-of-jail card when focused), bringing Anger Drives Me back down and removing Rebounding Hatred (so that a 2h BG could effectively deal with Guard damage while performing his role of offensive/utility tank), etc.

The change was predicated on the misconceptions that 2h tanks were rendering SnB useless (false - just go to RvR to find out), and that they were overperforming in general - hence the abundance of 2h tanks in smallscale - when in reality it is more a case of SnB not offering much anymore (with several changes over the years to various SnB specs), and not having access to a 10-second punt (I can't stress how BIG this is).
Some of issues around 2hndr tanks are gear related, there are plently of weapons with speed boosts on hit.
Very valid point, and one that has been raised internally (speed proc is simply too good).