Recent Topics

Ads

SC queue and matchmaking system info request

Let's talk about... everything else
Lime

Re: SC queue and matchmaking system info request

Post#11 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:54 pm

Should just flag tanks as tanks or toughness > 650 as tanks. Shield avoidance not needed for scenarios and is always an option to swap too even as a 2h spec if you get into an 18v18 deathball game.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

Ads
Ashoris

Post#12 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:14 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:40 am 2h tank is DPS. Enjoy!
Thanks for the clarification!

This is problematic for my part of view because it works directly against former design and balancing decisions for KotBS/Chosen.

One of the main job of a tank is punting, it is a key skill and ability (to have somone who properly punts often decides a whole scenario).

With the design decision to reduce the punt cooldown on 2h only - the tank is "forced" (because punt is that strong) to play 2h even if they do not want to be a DPS - therefore MANY KotBS/Chosen are 2h but as tanky as possible.

So in a scenario enviroment the design decision "forces" tanks to play 2H to fulfill their tank role as best as possible but afterwards they are treated as DPS in the queue ?

(me personally would prefer to play SnB stylewise, but the design changes made 2h just better for tankplay in non WB Enviroments)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Glorian

Post#13 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:17 pm

I have understood that 2H tanks are Dps.

But is there also the regulation that Dps healers are also dps, or are they still counted as healers?

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:27 pm

Glorian wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:17 pm I have understood that 2H tanks are Dps.

But is there also the regulation that Dps healers are also dps, or are they still counted as healers?
Iirc DPS Healers are counted as DPS (rightly so).

geezereur

Post#15 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:28 pm

why change something that was already working? sc pop taking hella time to pop atm only to benefit a minority.

Glorian

Post#16 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:59 pm

geezereur wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:28 pm why change something that was already working? sc pop taking hella time to pop atm only to benefit a minority.
Because it wasn't working.
Not 1 day online since 3 years that someone was complaining about only dps healers on his side, or only tanks on the other side.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#17 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Then you can bypass it by equipping a shield and then changing it to 2h once the scene started? And it's legal?
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Glorian

Post#18 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Nishka wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:25 pm
Then you can bypass it by equipping a shield and then changing it to 2h once the scene started? And it's legal?
The thing is we don't know the exact formula how the server decides if you are a dps tank or a normal one. And the devs will not tell it either. My guess is they have a list for each career and some filters for it. Like stats and/or gear.

Ads
Akilinus

Post#19 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:20 pm

2h tanks are actually considered to be dps? By who and why
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Alubert

Post#20 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:49 pm

All 2h tanks are dps? Really?
I play 2h chosen becouse of u. You or me change super punt tact playable only on 2h?
You or me destroy morale pump tact making it completely non-playable? No point play snb anymore.
So im dps. Then show me dps with stats like my:
5,6K armor, 910 all resist, -15% chance to be crit, 830 tougnes, 9k wounds, avoid buffed - 78% parry/51% dodge/51% disrupt, -6% inc dmg (HC), and the most importand 3x mobility proc/tact (subj speed buff, speed buff after disrupt, unstoppable jaggernaut).
After all tanks job/skills:kd, stagger, super punt ect.
All of this doesnt matter becouse im 2h?
I think its tank definition.
Just please do not tell me that HTL spammer is a tank.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+