Recent Topics

Ads

SW, DoK or WE/WH? - Help for someone completly new to WarHammer.

Let's talk about... everything else
Harvest

SW, DoK or WE/WH? - Help for someone completly new to WarHammer.

Post#1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Hi guys,

I'm planning on starting playing WarHammer, but I've literally zero knownledge about the Classes (And how they work) in this Game.

I found 4 Classes that I really like, but I can't make my mind about which one to choose, mostly because I don't know how they really work and how they performe.

These Classes are:

1. Assault Shadow Warrior: I don't really like FULL Ranged Gameplay, and I really like the ShadowStep Ability, so if I go with the Shadow Warrior I will play it 15p in Assault for sure)

2. Melee DPS Discipline of Khaine, I don't like being a Healer and I will probably never play it as such... But I'm familiar with Hybrid Melee DPS/Healers and I love them... (Played Enhancement Shaman in WoW, Friar in DAoC, Argent in Archeage, Blood Reaper in GW2 & Ecc)

3. Witch Elf.

4. Witch Hunter.

In regards of this... Could I ask you, since you are for sure experts about them, a few questions for each one of these Classes?

1. How they perform in 1v1?

2. How they perform in Small Group (GvG)?

3. How they perform in a Zerg?

4. Do they get grouped easily? (I most Game certain Classes are considered a Wasted-Spot)

5. How they are played?

6. Which is their overall state as Classes?

7. Which are their Strenght and their Weakness?

Thank you so much, I know that I'm asking a lot (Yeah, 7x4 questions are not a small number ahahah), but if you could answer these specific questions you would really help a new Player!

Ads
TanithScout

Re: SW, DoK or WE/WH? - Help for someone completly new to WarHammer.

Post#2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:04 pm

They're all the same, light melee dps with no gap closer. Shadowstep is the closest so go SW. Mainly pick whatever you think is cool, you'll enjoy it when youre getting stomped more. And you're gonan get stomped on any class while your below rr50 I'd say.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Eathisword

Post#3 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Well... I am no expert at the class you mention, but I believe I am quite an expert at soloing.

So...
1. Melee SW is bad at soloing against most classes until super geared and only if you are in the like top 5 best SW that plays. It is not really useful in group in full assault since its main utility is his spammable heal debuff which is in skirmish (you can have a build with both at very high level, rank 40 renown 60-70). They are probably the worst melee in zerg. To maximize their gameplay, you need to be confortable with stance dancing (changing stance to give you access to different ability bars). Their main strength is their heal-debuff, mobility and kiting capacity which you will mainly all lose playing it in melee mode.

2. Melee dps Dok is decent at 1v1 versus bad melee. Its bad agasint everything else. Decent tank will crush you, so will range. Its although, probably the best class for duo. They perform good in small group. If you are decent, you can find some group. They are also ok-ish in zerg thanks to their heal debuff tactic which can be AoEd. They play like weak Ret pally with bad burst. Main strength are heal debuff, self heal, easyness to level, capacity to go heal spec to make yourself some friends. Main weakness are poor itemization for the spec, and you need guard from a tank or you die fast cause everyone loves killing mdok.

3. WE/WH are similar. Imo, they are the best pick for a new player in your list. They are among the best 1v1. Right up there in small group, which they can find ok. They are bad in zerg as their forte is single target. For what they are designed to do : burst kill and escape, they have little weaknesses imo. They only really suffer in large fight. + you get stealth.

Of course, you could ditch all those and play an IB. IB are love, IB are life.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Go dps wp... master class

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 pm

1. How they perform in 1v1?

Volgograd summed it up to a T, but to reiterate: WH and WE are top contenders for 1v1/solo, DPS DOK is okay vs mediocre players, melee SW ain't that great.

2. How they perform in Small Group (GvG)?

All are great for 6v6, and a good player of any of these classes will always have a spot in GvG: DPS DOK is incredibly self-sufficient, with very good sustained (both ST and AoE) and the best heal debuff in game; WH and WE are incredible ST classes with among the highest burst potential, with a plethora of tools and forms of CC to help in 6v6 (the stagger is criminally underused); Assault SW is a very good class to use with a WL and SM comp, offering 10% crit, spammable heal debuff, very respectable burst and sustained, and is fairly tanky in the right circumstances.

3. How they perform in a Zerg?

All are pretty lacklustre in zergs.

4. Do they get grouped easily? (I most Game certain Classes are considered a Wasted-Spot)

WH and WE will get grouped easier than an Assault SW or DOK, but don't let that kid you into thinking the latter two don't work for group play - they just require a bit more from others (dedicated guard, armor debuffs, etc) to shine.

5. How they are played?

DPS DOK is a brawler rot class that stays in the thick of it for as long as possible, relying on his uber heal debuff (which is AOE too), very good sustained DPS, self-sufficiency, and DoTs to wear down his opponents.

ASW fights in the thick of it, too, but is also an opportunist who is encouraged to utilise his shadowstep to pick unsuspecting targets and pounce on them asap. He provides his group with +10% crit on a target, and a spammable heal debuff.

WE and WH are less brawler-ish than the other two; they cannot survive damage as good as the DPS DOK or ASW, and are very reliant on their M1 Confusing Movements - coupled with self-punt - to escape sticky situations. They need to make good use of their stealth so that they can launch attacks on unsuspecting people, unloading a world of hurt in as few GCDs as possible.

6. Which is their overall state as Classes?

All are good/great for small-scale.

Tom

Post#6 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:22 pm

My 1st main on the server was Melee DOK, it got severly handicapped by the removal of Resolute Defense (10s immunity to CC) since it has no class ability for any such defense (M2 morale is available but that takes far too long time to gain access to for any 1v1 to be of benefit. DPS DOK is still great if you duo or specialized 6-man. It is not built for WB.

I havent played SW on this server so cant comment.

For solo and small scale Id say generally you will find WE or WH most enjoyable. Your stealth along with stagger ability allow you to avoid getting pawned where DOK has no chance to get away. After putting my DOK on the shelf, WE was my new main.

Telen
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:26 pm

WH/WE are really good now. The other two pretty niche.

Nidwin

Post#8 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 pm

And if you roll one of those for when blob vs blob happen.
Stand aside, watch and sing

Bomba (sensual)
Un movimiento sensual (sensual)
Un movimiento muy sexy (sexy)
Un movimiento muy sexy (sexy)
Y aquí se viene azul azul con el baile que es una (bomba)
Para bailar esto es una (bomba)
Para gozar esto es una (bomba)
Para menear esto es una (bomba)
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
moryx

Post#9 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Hey there,
I think best way to learn game, start a range toon, like Sw, and after rank 40/40, change stance with assault.
Shadow step is viable after rank 60, u have to take healdebuff from skirmish.
I usually change stance all time, starting with skirmish dots and change stance to assault. (its my playstyle btw)

In 1v1 plays, assault sw can rock ofc, but it depends really your playstyle.

Dps healer, like wp/dok, not viable too much in Ror, (in my opinion) but it real live server...
Wh/We is very similiar, u can try ofc.

If i would start Ror like you, first i open a new healer class or Sw...
Good luck.
Moryx / Rp - Moryxx / Wp - Moryxxx / Sw
Moryxhunter / Wh - Moryxo / IB