Recent Topics

Ads

Gap-Closer: Which Class do have them? How "Mobility" work in WarHammer?

Let's talk about... everything else
Marawo

Re: Gap-Closer: Which Class do have them? How "Mobility" work in WarHammer?

Post#11 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Eathisword wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:35 pm @OP - formally speaking there are no gap closer like the ones existing in WoW or Archeage in this game. All the gap closer, except the couple of pounces, are generally just a % running speed increase, which can almost always be countered by the use of flee (50% speed increase) which all classes have.
Flee is a 30% speed increase.

@OP: once a ranged player can hold you at a certain distance it is really hard to catch them and that's where you usually lost the duel and only LOS can save you. It is generally a bad idea to engage RDPS in an open field. View obstructing landscapes and objects are your bread and butter.
Nidwin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:15 pm
I've read you.
Now you show me a vid where you kill Arthem, thank you.
Not only is your argument poor, it is also misdirected.
Basically you challenged me to find and kill a random person in the lakes.
What am I, your personal assassin for hire?
I hope you understand that it makes you look bad if you act that way.

Ads
Eathisword

Post#12 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Marawo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:24 pm
Eathisword wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:35 pm @OP - formally speaking there are no gap closer like the ones existing in WoW or Archeage in this game. All the gap closer, except the couple of pounces, are generally just a % running speed increase, which can almost always be countered by the use of flee (50% speed increase) which all classes have.
Flee is a 30% speed increase.
30% in Eurozone... means 50% Canadian. We live on tough luck where I am from mate...
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Nidwin

Post#13 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:16 am

Marawo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:24 pm Not only is your argument poor, it is also misdirected.
Basically you challenged me to find and kill a random person in the lakes.
What am I, your personal assassin for hire?
I hope you understand that it makes you look bad if you act that way.
I'm to the point as I'm asking you to face a top SW and nothing else.

There are 3 kind of SW I've run into
1. The ones that are going to die
2. The ones that are going to let you dps with or without KD with detaunt -> pot -> self punt -> RIP WE
3. Detaunt/ self-punt with or without nerf buttons

Your words
Things the witch can do:

-Throwing daggers have a snare component if your enemy faces away from you.
Any decent ranged player will NOT show you their back.

-fleet footed removes all snares/roots from you and makes you 10s snare/root immune.
SW will circle straff your WE

-spec into the swift pursuit tactic it gives you 25% movement while you are under the effect of fleet footed
Sure, we have 255 available tactic slots meanwhile you still won't catch any decent ranged because they too can "flee" + 2x AP pot in worst case scenario for them. I've tried it, dumped it and never looked back. It's also way too slow ans you're better of with flee + 1x AP pots.

-spec into a ranged KD with 30ft range "On Your Knees", good counter against the selfpunt (if you keep track of detaunt/cc immunities)
Chicken and the egg problem to when to use the KD on a SW. In the end it actually doesn't matter as it's just moving the goal post.

-spec into elixir of shadows, it gives you 2 seconds of stealth and 7 seconds 50% movementspeed increase
Yes. That's a true option and that's a way to truly kill ranged.
And for a SW, Arthem category, you pop Elixir of Shadows before/while he/she gets up after the KD if you open with the KD.

There is another option and that's FtHQ that gives you a 4s KD. It's risky and you better have a plan B and C but
that 1 extra second is actually a fight changer because of the lower RoR gcd and it gives you possible 2-4k (1/2 gcd) extra dps.
And FtHQ works on finishers so you're not linked to a specific skill on 10s cd.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]