Recent Topics

Ads

Gap-Closer: Which Class do have them? How "Mobility" work in WarHammer?

Let's talk about... everything else
Harvest

Gap-Closer: Which Class do have them? How "Mobility" work in WarHammer?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Hi guys,

I'm completly new to WarHammer Online, Recently I'm used to MMORPG like WoW or ArcheAge (Even if I played pretty much any MMORPG released since now), where most of the Classes have some kind of Gap-Closer AKA Teleport/Dash/Roll/Leap, since I don't know pretty much anything about Classes Mechanics in WarHammer, I have few questions.

1. How "Mobility" work in this Game?

2. How rare are Teleport/Dash/Leap Ability in this Game?

3. Which Classes have these type of Gap-Closer Ability?

4. How much Mobility is considered important? And Classes that do not have Mobility how they behave?

5. Which Classes are considered the most Mobile?

Thank you very much... And sorry for so many questions, but I'm trying to clear my mind about some concepts of this Game, if you could answer all of them you would really help me out!

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Re: Gap-Closer: Which Class do have them? How "Mobility" work in WarHammer?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:54 pm

All melee dps have a charge. Then tools usually based around a certain spec.
Some classes are made for mobility some are made for aoe pressure.

White Lion has pounce and pet pull.
Marauder has pull and ranged kd.
Squig Herder and Shadow Warroir have a leap in melee spec.
Engineer and Magus both have aoe pull specs aswell as Choppa.
The two stealth classes obviously use stealth as their gap closer.
Slayer is the only class thats pretty limited in gap closing.

Harvest

Post#3 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:54 pm All melee dps have a charge. Then tools usually based around a certain spec.
Some classes are made for mobility some are made for aoe pressure.

White Lion has pounce and pet pull.
Marauder has pull and ranged kd.
Squig Herder and Shadow Warroir have a leap in melee spec.
Engineer and Magus both have aoe pull specs aswell as Choppa.
The two stealth classes obviously use stealth as their gap closer.
Slayer is the only class thats pretty limited in gap closing.

I noticed for example that the Shadow Warrior have a Back-leap to escape, and since the Gap-Closer Abilities are not that many, what can do for example a Witch Elf to close the gap if the SW leap backward after the engage? That mean that the WE will get kited with no counterplay?

Bowldancer

Post#4 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Harvest wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:01 pm I noticed for example that the Shadow Warrior have a Back-leap to escape, and since the Gap-Closer Abilities are not that many, what can do for example a Witch Elf to close the gap if the SW leap backward after the engage? That mean that the WE will get kited with no counterplay?
Witch Elfs have it all. A Back-flip , Stealth and a charge with a 2 second stealth component on top of it. Can't get much easier than that.
Melee Squigs and White Lions are the most mobile due to Leaps.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Harvest wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:01 pm I noticed for example that the Shadow Warrior have a Back-leap to escape, and since the Gap-Closer Abilities are not that many, what can do for example a Witch Elf to close the gap if the SW leap backward after the engage? That mean that the WE will get kited with no counterplay?
It not a 1v1 one game. If you compare the classes side by side there's far stronger ones.

Marawo

Post#6 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Multiple things, SW are a fun 1v1 matchup for the Witch, it can go either way depending on the players specs and abilities.

Things the witch can do:

-Throwing daggers have a snare component if your enemy faces away from you.

-fleet footed removes all snares/roots from you and makes you 10s snare/root immune.

-spec into the swift pursuit tactic it gives you 25% movement while you are under the effect of fleet footed

-spec into a ranged KD with 30ft range "On Your Knees", good counter against the selfpunt (if you keep track of detaunt/cc immunities)

-spec into elixir of shadows, it gives you 2 seconds of stealth and 7 seconds 50% movementspeed increase

edit:
-ghetto charge a.k.a. Flee and chug an ap pot or two

Nidwin

Post#7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Marawo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:57 pm Multiple things, SW are a fun 1v1 matchup for the Witch, it can go either way depending on the players specs and abilities.

Things the witch can do:

-fleet footed removes all snares/roots from you and makes you 10s snare/root immune.

-spec into the swift pursuit tactic it gives you 25% movement while you are under the effect of fleet footed

-spec into a ranged KD with 30ft range "On Your Knees", good counter against the selfpunt (if you keep track of detaunt/cc immunities)

-spec into elixir of shadows, it gives you 2 seconds of stealth and 7 seconds 50% movementspeed increase

edit:
I've read you.
Now you show me a vid where you kill Arthem, thank you.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Alfonez

Post#8 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Nidwin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:15 pm
Marawo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:57 pm Multiple things, SW are a fun 1v1 matchup for the Witch, it can go either way depending on the players specs and abilities.

Things the witch can do:

edit:
I've read you.
Now you show me a vid where you kill Arthem, thank you.
Using pots and not spamming AW infront of him (while feinted is on CD) is probably a start. Oh, and drop the backpedalling

Ads
Eathisword

Post#9 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:35 pm

The problem is 99% of the players don't think about the fight ahead of time. Normal WEs open... KD first thing. Then if they fail to score the kill, they are **** cause the target has immunity for 30s. They get kited to death.

Pro WE, open... fight toe to toe until rdps tries to kite. Then time KD or Agile Escape with the self-punt GCD (or root for BW). Easily close the gap and win 8-)

@OP - formally speaking there are no gap closer like the ones existing in WoW or Archeage in this game. All the gap closer, except the couple of pounces, are generally just a % running speed increase, which can almost always be countered by the use of flee (50% speed increase) which all classes have.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Eathisword wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:35 pm The problem is 99% of the players don't think about the fight ahead of time. Normal WEs open... KD first thing. Then if they fail to score the kill, they are **** cause the target has immunity for 30s. They get kited to death.

Pro WE, open... fight toe to toe until rdps tries to kite. Then time KD or Agile Escape with the self-punt GCD (or root for BW). Easily close the gap and win 8-)

@OP - formally speaking there are no gap closer like the ones existing in WoW or Archeage in this game. All the gap closer, except the couple of pounces, are generally just a % running speed increase, which can almost always be countered by the use of flee (50% speed increase) which all classes have.
I agree on all but the flee speed increase value. :)
Dying is no option.