Recent Topics

Ads

If Order cannot win Scenarios, how do we get emblems?

Let's talk about... everything else
Eathisword

Re: If Order cannot win Scenarios, how do we get emblems?

Post#41 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:49 am The title should be if ICONIC always wins how does order get emblems
They bring a crazy Russian-Canadian midget tank...
https://youtu.be/LZ4XCLkIaPc?t=170
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#42 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Eathisword wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:04 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:49 am The title should be if ICONIC always wins how does order get emblems
They bring a crazy Russian-Canadian midget tank...
https://youtu.be/LZ4XCLkIaPc?t=170
We have to let order win a bit otherwise we get quitter debuffs ;)
I

Mystry
Suspended

Post#43 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 pm
Mystry wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:05 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:24 pm

Not necessarily true as a well-played Slayer (who is guarded and healed) will cause more mayhem than a WL will - there's just so few of them.
Order does not have tanks or healers. That's why it can't win scenarios.
Also yadda yadda destro bias on maps, overpowered destro counterparts, extremely rampant exploits to get premades into pug scenarios, you've heard all my gripes before.
You have Ironbreaker, Swordmaster, and KOBS for tanks. You have Warrior Priest, Runepriest, and Archmage for healers. If people decide not to play them, then that is their prerogative, but chaotic environments with an absence of certain archetypes is simply indicative of people not bothering to help their realm/play anything other than DPS; it doesn't negate from the fact that the options are there - should you be willing to stop playing selfishly (not directed at you btw).

If you want to actually succeed, you'll ensure that you play with healers and tanks, or better yet - you'll make one yourself.
I actually switched my 'main' to a Swordmaster specifically BECAUSE there were no tanks. It isn't enough. Either I play tank and have no healers and (usually) bad DPS, or I play healer (WP) and have no tanks and still bad DPS, or play DPS and have neither tanks or healers.
Just out of pique, I kept count of how many healers and tanks I got in scenarios over an 8 hour period (this was a while ago though). 5 tanks, 3 healers. Spread out over scenarios over 8 hours, and for clarity, I do not count dps-specced tanks or dps-specced healers in those numbers.

Do you want to know the REAL reason that Order has neither of these classes? Forget the forum bullshit, but the actual reason that has persisted since live?

Aesthetics.

Look, for a moment, at Destro's tanks/healers and Order's tanks/healers. Destro has, undeniably, far better 'looks' to every single one of its classes in most people's minds. The fact of the matter is that most of Order's really good tank/healer classes, are Dwarfs. And no one wants to play dwarfs, as is evident in how low they are population wise compared to empire/elf characters. Runepriest and IB are EXTREMELY good classes, yet very, VERY few people play them. Meanwhile their counterparts Zealot and BG are quite common, as are ALL Destro classes, because all destro classes have good aesthetics that appeal to most people. The only Order classes that seem to have mass appeal also happen to be the weakest in their respective roles.

Also before someone replies saying something like "BUT I LIKE DWARFS!" that's good for you, and I'm very happy that you do, but please understand that you are in the minority on that opinion.

peterthepan3

Post#44 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:32 pm

If you aren't considering 2h tanks as actual tanks then that's probably why you're seeing (what you perceive to be) an absence of tanks: bar one or two suicidal Focused Offence SMs (whose names I won't mention), 2h SM, IB & KOBS is the best way to play in SC.

DokB

Post#45 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 am

Because dps-specced healers can’t heal and dps-tanks can’t guard right? 2H SM/IB/BO/BG/Chosen aren’t tanks anymore?
Did you also manage to count all the tanks/healers in the scenarios that you didn’t get into? Did you find a way to count the tanks/healers that missed a pop due to the winds of change bug or by being in combat and not having time to accept it? Or is that not convenient to your anecdotal (((evidence))) you love to throw around?

I solo/duo/trio/premade/6man on both Order and Destruction during NA hours and into Oceanic which is arguably the least active time zone where we have the smallest pool of players to choose from and I experience very little of the stuff people seem to go on about.

Do scenarios always have perfect class composition for both sides? Hell no.
Has there ever been scenarios where there have been zero healers/tanks? Absolutely.
What do I do if I do run into those scenarios where we have zero healers/tanks? I make sure to group with at least 1 of them before even considering queuing again.

Join multiple discords. @here people until you get someone. Network and communicate with others so you can form groups and become known as a reliable player.
The most stupid thing you could do is to rely on the scenario manager to give you balanced team compositions. Making up excuses and crying about there being no tanks and no healers when the solution is already there is probably the 2nd most stupid thing you could do.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Luuca

Post#46 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:17 am

If you think the scenarios are bad balance, take for example the Zealot M1, Tzeentch's Talon. It's the best-in-game M1 for group utility of any healer on either side. With game leading 1320 Armor debuff, a 504 resistance debuff, a 15 second duration, and a 100 foot range, it's a massive edge for focusing down a single target priority enemy. And yet, it remains untouched and unmatched.

Urdeg

Post#47 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Alright now which one of you decided there were no tanks and healers on the order side? How do you keep convincing yourselves if something so completely against the truth of the matter?

I'm telling you, abandon this grass-is-always-greener mentality because it never rings true and its all wildly off base placebo judgement.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm

You cry about SC? Dest dont flipp one t4 zones, dont win one fort, dont roll bags, can not take advantage of the x2 event and you cry about SC Emblem!?

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#49 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:57 pm

Alfinnete wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm You cry about SC? Dest dont flipp one t4 zones, dont win one fort, dont roll bags, can not take advantage of the x2 event and you cry about SC Emblem!?
It's almost as if the people frequenting Forts are different from those who frequent SC :o

Nidwin

Post#50 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:00 pm

Alfinnete wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm You cry about SC? Dest dont flipp one t4 zones, dont win one fort, dont roll bags, can not take advantage of the x2 event and you cry about SC Emblem!?
That's not true.
We did lock T3 Empire by taking High Pass keep Tuesday evening EU time.
We also did push Reikwald past week, was an epic failure but we got there.
There are plenty of ways to take advantage of the x2. Dinged my last WE level 40 (3 last levels done in 2 hours) and getting inf from PQ's for alternate appearance goes twice as fast with x2.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]