Recent Topics

Ads

Permanently Tier 1?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Permanently Tier 1?

Post#11 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:06 am

Being max rank in t1 doesn't make you a monster, experience and wearing appropriate items does. You can be super strong at lvl 2-3 too.
Those twinks on live t1 were a non-issue. On live, blue talismans were basically free, every new player with the will to become stronger just had to ask in chat and plenty players would have send some talismans. Mythic did a lot things wrong with t1 but xp-stop was none of it.
Dying is no option.

Ads
kirraha

Post#12 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:11 am

Lol the twinks on live WAS an issue. I tried myself and it was no problem to ruin entire t1 with whatever class you could bring. Very few of them but still an issue. And it went down very fast when the Xp-stop book was added.

Ofc it has to do with player experience too. Issue is tge Xp-stop would not bring the unexperienced players, but the other kind.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 am

kirraha wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:11 am Lol the twinks on live WAS an issue. I tried myself and it was no problem to ruin entire t1 with whatever class you could bring. Very few of them but still an issue. And it went down very fast when the Xp-stop book was added.

Ofc it has to do with player experience too. Issue is tge Xp-stop would not bring the unexperienced players, but the other kind.
It became a problem, when helm/shoulder was taken out of drop table, while legacy items remained on players or for high price on auction house. Before this Mythic fail decision, new players had exactly the same chances to gear up.
Nowadays you see people at lvl 10 with lvl1 starter items or lots of empty item slots. Those players just don't care because otherwise they would ask either on forums or ingame.
This is one of the reasons twinks were powerful, many players are severely undergeared for their rank. Here in ROR the same happens.
Even without maxing out gear, a veteran player leveling a new char beats a true newbie. The results are no different to xp-off twinks.
I don't vote for xp-off here, don't get me wrong, the xp-off pocket items were just an insignificant reason for WARs downfall.
With live t4 gear gaps, they were actually pretty useful to prevent entering t4 with crap gear and low rr.
Dying is no option.

vianiznice

Post#14 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:55 am

I've wanted this for ages, they won't do it.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#15 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:35 am

Mmm, as far i remember we introduced years ago a debolster system where player were lvl 12. And as far i remember, complains about these twinks have been quite severe from low levels.

I would be the first to enjoy a perma T1 character, but unless crazy limitations (like free accounts were on live : no mail box, no trade, no gold items, no talis...), i don't see any viable solution to protect new players from maxed (and organised) twinks.

kirraha

Post#16 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:44 pm

Lots of ppl dont complain openly. They simply leave the game if its to dissapointing. Its a question if you value new players or not.

If Id joined ror when they had xp-stop then Id never stayed. I needed t1 to scrub around with others and try figure out how to play.

There will always be bad players in all tiers, but why make the startingtier into a slaughterground for newbies? Then rather put the xp-stop in other tiers, but now we got only two Orvr tiers so makes it a bit harder.

Maybe leave t1 as newcomerfriendly as possible.

Grock

Post#17 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:50 pm

In my opinion allowing "experience lock" for T1 characters will be detrimental to the game and experience of new players in two ways:
1) XP locked characters will almost always end up wearing best possible gear - especially shoulders, helmets and cloaks that are very rare at low levels - which will make them very powerful compared to regular players.
We have seen it on Live server and we know it is not fun to play against these characters.

It is, of course, still possible even now, but there's a big difference: with XP locked character you only need to gear them up once, while without XP lock you'll have to continue re-creating and gearing up new characters, and here's number 2:
2) It creates market demand for rare low level items, which allows new players to make some money off of just doing low level PvE stuff.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Nishka
Suspended

Post#18 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Valarion wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:31 am
Nishka wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:34 am I would like to see the debolster back. Not sure why was it removed...

Mostly because of asshats like myself. 5 vs 1? No problem.

In maxxed out gear, I could kill players before they even left the warcamp.

The best part was killing them 1 by 1 as they zoned in from the flightmaster.
Im talking about debolster, not trial toons
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
ocrtmpone

Post#19 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm

No questions, he just want to have the top gear to stay at T1 and play with others new character.

Darks63

Post#20 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:52 am

Just do what Smellifeet does and reroll endlessly.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.