Recent Topics

Ads

Least frustrating healer for PvP?

Let's talk about... everything else
discreet1

Least frustrating healer for PvP?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:42 am

I usually play healers in MMOs but found that in PvP (specifically DAoC) it was very frustrating because my group usually scattered over the battle field and ran out of range of my spells, then blamed me when they died. The only option was to pick one person out of my group and follow them around, that way I could support one of them at least.

What healers are the least frustrating to play in this game?
Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Ads
xdieselx

Re: Least frustrating healer for PvP?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:47 am

it depends of your playstyle.

Note that i only play destro so i tried zealot, shaman and disciple of khaine at levels around 20-24.

Out of the 3 i prefer the shaman, i do much better in pvp with the shaman than other healers. DOK doesnt heal as much but you can dps/heal. You go into melee combat and deal damage which can be converted to healing using some skills.

Maybe at higher levels some healers become better with new skills/tactics but for now i am sticking with the shaman, i think they are fun :P

Detangler

Post#3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:49 am

A fellow DAoC player :)

I prefer zealot/rune priest. Spammable single target instant heals are nice for mobility and catching up to your friends, then following up with other heals when you're in a better position.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

adamthelc

Post#4 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:58 am

Go zealot/rp or WP/Dok. If you dont like any of those then try AM or Shaman.

Ashoris

Post#5 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:21 am

Use Zealot/RP they have a super good heal that can be used while runnin :) it is a lot harder for everyone to run out of your healrange :) - this heal is also available at lvl 2 !!

just accept that some ppl run out of heal range ... its not always your fault - if you have to put yourself in danger to heal them it is their fault. let them die :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Gatalina

Post#6 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:49 am

RP has super good heal ;-) Each healer is super good if played by a good player .....
Gatlinn - Kraehenfeld

Sulorie

Post#7 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:01 am

As a healer you should expect others to help you in healing them. It is not your job alone to keep them alive. They have to do everything possible to reduce incoming damage. When they run out of range or alone into the enemy team, it isn't your job to keep them alive. You have to constantly judge, who is worth your heals, because your global cooldowns are precious and you can't heal everyone in all situations.
Dying is no option.

Dammy095

Post#8 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:13 am

zealot

Ads
wachlarz

Post#9 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:23 am

Two rules as healer:
1. Fallow leader
2. Heal all close too leader. If other dps/tank/healer is too far its his fault.