Recent Topics

Ads

A Day in Gunbad

Let's talk about... everything else
Dobzse

A Day in Gunbad

Post#1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:54 am

Today I had the most unlucky series of Gunbad runs. I wanted to get some unlocks for my chosen and my magus.
So I went to Middle wing with my chosen first, after clearing middlewing in hope to get an epic bag. Ofcourse it did not happen failed all the rolls, when I opted out from Gold bags which I don't need I only got green/blue. When I opted in for Gold I received the gold bag I did not need at all. Then we killed Solitex and moved to the Giant SquigBoss.
Unfortunetly the group leader forgot he already killed the boss, which bugged the lock for all of us in the party.
Then he said he had to leave "all sudden..." so we were stuck for another hour trying to figure out how to reset/debug the lockout.
Not only we were not able to kill the GiantSquig but the whole group disbanded after an hour, and later whenever we wanted to go on seperate routes we were thrown in to the same instance even when not in the same group..

Soooo I decided to give my Magus a go. Went to Middle wing again, this time i got a purple bag (which i did not need on this toon),
then we killed the GiantSquig boss which dropped chosen loot. :DDD Unlucky. RNG, it happens.

Then I logged on my Chosen again to see if we can counquer the Right Wing, hoping for a purple bag, got none, only green/blue when I opted out. And a massive gold bag which i did not need when I opted in. Unlucky.. :DD
This was the time during the fortress fights started at the Maw soo we suddenly got massive lagspikes and a serverwide disconnect during the 3rd PQ right atter I pulled 3 heroes on me.
We trusted the machine spirit, 50% of the party were thrown off with a disconnect. only the 2 tanks and 1 healer was online from the 6 man team. The Zealot was able to outheal me while the BO were keep dying due to guard dmg.
Somehow we were able to pull it off and kill 1 hero, while the team ran back from the begining. :D
Then we finished the PQ with one guy decided to leave right after the 30min timer started.
(We lost another healer on the way because he did not feel very well)

After killing Masta Mixa: You would have hoped for atleast some luck from Masta Mixa at this point.
I had no false hopes that any loot will drop that I could use, atleast I get my Kill Count which I worked hard for.
BUT for some unfortunet bug nobody in our Team got the Kill Count. ;(

you know what... it was still worth it.
(would I do this again?? probably not, will i have to do it again? if I want to play with my friends in BB/BE I have to. ;P )
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Ads
Luuca

Re: A Day in Gunbad

Post#2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:04 am

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:02 am

Dam dude reading it out its even worse luck than what you were telling me on the pve discord

Its really did suck that mixa's kill didnt count

but i had fun doing the dungon run with you and our group, any time you wanna run gunbad again im down :D

~Udoroth

Arbich
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:14 am

Sounds like you only missed the Winds of Change for full Gunbad fun. Good luck next time.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Synacy

Post#5 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:36 am

It's really luck-based. I have done Gunbad many times, I would confidently say around 30-40 times, which is a lot of time, but also being 2-4 runs within a day. It is luck based, and they implemented the quests for a reason, and so I am not sure if you know about that or not, but, there are 4 (helm, shoulder, cape, chest) quests to receive each piece when killing each end-boss 3/3 times. This assists with a guaranteed piece upon completion rather than relying on the loot system.

It may seem like it sucks but it's not meant to be easy, because not only is Red-Eye a decent PvE set, it's also the precursor to Sentinel armor, which is Red-Eye 2.0, and arguably better than some PvP/RvR pieces when mixed with accessory sets. I agree it can suck, as I have had times where I have been the main healer for people that leave and join the party when doing those 2-4 runs in a row, in a day, and have received no loot from the final champ (or even worse luck, the second zealot in the party who selects "need" for two of the same zealot item and earns both... yeah).

I don't know the exact math for mapping loot-rolls in dungeons but the obvious math is that working for time at end and not receiving a reward for it sucks indeed. It again though is the aim of the grind, and what makes obtaining those pieces finally worth it in the end.
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 am

Synacy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:36 am there are 4 (helm, shoulder, cape, chest) quests to receive each piece when killing each end-boss 3/3 times. This assists with a guaranteed piece upon completion rather than relying on the loot system.

The problem is that these quest are buggy in that you can kill the boss and not have it count

both me and the OP when we killed mad mixa didnt have it count to our kill count

and i had the same issue before with ard to feed

Manatikik

Post#7 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:35 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 am
Synacy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:36 am there are 4 (helm, shoulder, cape, chest) quests to receive each piece when killing each end-boss 3/3 times. This assists with a guaranteed piece upon completion rather than relying on the loot system.

The problem is that these quest are buggy in that you can kill the boss and not have it count

both me and the OP when we killed mad mixa didnt have it count to our kill count

and i had the same issue before with ard to feed
Hargrim has mentioned to me in passing it may have to do with the person getting the killing blow having a lockout for that Boss, so keep that in mind.

All in all it doesn’t happen very often and it’s not like Gunbad is a time consuming thing to do or difficult.
<Montague><Capulet>

Grimtooth

Post#8 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:40 pm

I'm pretty sure I was the BO in your group. (That shaman left because he said he was throwing up? Poor guy.) Sorry I had to bail so suddenly. My wife cut her hand and ended up needing stitches.. Rough day for all of us I guess. Look me up (Grimtoofz) if go back in and want to bring me along. I still need to run the whole thing.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:35 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 am

All in all it doesn’t happen very often and it’s not like Gunbad is a time consuming thing to do or difficult.
yeah espically not right wing, tbt the only "diifficult boss" is ard ta feed and thats becuase of the button presses needing proper communication

the real hard part about gunbad is getting a prorper grp set up because everyone needs different wings etc

Dobzse

Post#10 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Grimtooth wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:40 pm I'm pretty sure I was the BO in your group. (That shaman left because he said he was throwing up? Poor guy.) Sorry I had to bail so suddenly. My wife cut her hand and ended up needing stitches.. Rough day for all of us I guess. Look me up (Grimtoofz) if go back in and want to bring me along. I still need to run the whole thing.
Rough day indeed bro, I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she gets well soon.
Well go back again for sure :)
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun