Recent Topics

Ads

Oh, hey. Another fort siege. Yawn.

Let's talk about... everything else
Aethilmar

Oh, hey. Another fort siege. Yawn.

Post#1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:56 am

As per the title, pretty much halts the (non-fort) game during lesser traffic hours. SCs don't pop. No zones are pushed and there is barely any (if any) small-group action. You can gank at the attacker's portal but you will get yelled at by your own realm if the fort is below cap and you are preventing the enemy from reaching the portal. That leaves PvE (blech) or join the fort (meh) if you can get in.

I know ... gear chasers gonna chase and good for those who enjoy it. Meanwhile the new mode is making a mess of the other modes. Precursor for what will happen if cities are ever re-introduced I guess.

Fire resistant armor is on. Bring out the flame throwers. :P

P.S. If you are looking for something besides an "Wah! I don't like it!" critique, a nasty side effect of all this is it significantly impedes the ability of sub-40s to progress, gear up and play (at least during off hours) which cuts off supply of new players.

Ads
Reesh

Re: Oh, hey. Another fort siege. Yawn.

Post#2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:05 am

Treat out forts as hibernation chambers for any other activity.
When they're on, servers life stops, besides that one instance from which you'll be rewarded by 4 medallions.

Darks63

Post#3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:13 am

Just wait till cities are out it will be possible to have even longer stall out periods then.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:21 am

One thing that would help is if the zone lock progression was how it was on live, pushing from t2 -> t3 -> t4 -> fort, and after the fort siege the pairing locks for an amount of time, then resets to t2. This way you won't have multiple fort sieges per day, or at least, the chance of that would be smaller.

An added bonus would be more time spent in t2 and t3, so people who are leveling up can get the influence rewards there when they're actually useful.

Detangler

Post#5 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:44 am

There was a warband on warband fight in t2 dwarf lands during the fort. Dunno what OP is talking about. I always find fights.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:02 am

This thread fell asleep.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog