Recent Topics

Ads

Dear Devs I love this game but!!!!!

Let's talk about... everything else
Koshdino

Dear Devs I love this game but!!!!!

Post#1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:48 pm

I am not sure if you want new players to stick around or not?
A new players reality, ask what to do in chat now you can no longer T1.
When you ask in Advice all that is said is RVR and Scenarios. Do not just PQ because you need Renown.
Rvr every group kicks you! Scenarios never pop. Rarely any groups going for PQ's
Stark reality of having to Solo afk at capture points for a week or two just to level seems Anti new player :)
May I suggest that when some one hits 16 you auto promote them to 40/40 and give them a set of blue gear!
Yes many will flame away at this but I wonder how many accounts have been made that never got past lvl 20!
We are all here to PVP right? Yet you only apparent option at lvl 16 is Afk at a capture point or PVE.
And I do not think all the vets would mind having a plethora of cannon fodder around :)

Just my two cents, I am really trying hard to play this game but that wall is huge :)

Ads
Synacy

Re: Dear Devs I love this game but!!!!!

Post#2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 pm

Hey there,

I've been on the server for just under 3 years now. Based on this, I would assume you are NA? I myself am NA and I have had those problems in the past, but this isn't the game to power-level. It's a time-consuming effort and it helps you see the game for what it is rather than rushing to the end and being lost. There's a lot to learn, and being new, you need that time, because there are seasoned players on this game that are still learning new tricks on an old game. I side with whomever else told you to rely on RvR, and Scenarios. I say this, because you do not want to solely rely on questing and PQs, and to hop into RvR for the first time "end-game" and have no RR (renown rank) to support your play-style. RR is very important in this game and can differentiate a r40rr20 Witch Elf from an r40rr60 Witch Elf.

As far as RvR, there's a lot of flow within maps, and you need to be cognoscente of when zones are captured and locked and follow when a warband is in a specific area. Most warbands do not appreciate afk players or rogue players that stray from the fight, and so if you follow any of these precautions, you might understand why you are being removed.

As far as Scenarios, there are peak hours for the server which in time you will come to understand as well. This server isn't solely revolved around NA, and if you're NA, playing this game in your free time can be somewhat yet not too far from difficult. There are many options to explore, and if you aren't getting RvR lakes or Scenario pop-ups, resort to questing, PQs, and farming mobs.

Do finally understand that with your post, you explain your sole difficulty with the game. This game does not tamper with many of the other players and it's understanding what was explained above to come to peace with how the game is based. I myself believe this game was purposed for RvR, playing one of the, if not the single-most important purpose of the game. If you find anguish in this or do not like that, I would suggest searching another game.

I hope this helps :D
Last edited by Synacy on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:01 pm

I understand where you are coming from with this because coming to a “new” mmo without a group of friends is tough to make progress in. However, my advice is to play a tank as your first class. You will have the easiest time finding a group/gearing to a point where you are comparatively effective to vet players.

I also agree that T1 Orvr is often just flag sitting. My advice would be stick to scens if you can play during a time where there are a lot of people online. The next thing to do will be to learn a crafting profession. Yes it is expensive but it is the only way to start making a decent amount of good beyond pure mob farming. Once you find a guild grp to play with and can gear with talismans and potions then things will go much easier

Finally, bolster is already essentially what you are describing and there is PvE gear in each tier that you can level to and get even if you don’t have renown ranks. However, I encourage you to focus on renown rank as it is the key part of survivability across all classes, even more so than gear.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Koshdino

Post#4 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:25 pm

Just food for thought, I have kept my Renown the same as my lvl I get it that Renown is important. I understand well how to follow a Wb leaders instructions I have PVP'd with the big lads quite a bit in other games :) I play all hours of the day and get that populations ebb and flow :) I just think that if the Devs wanted more people to stick around there are a few things they could do :) Hell even giving Renown for PVE to lvl 40 would make entry into endgame easier and less daunting. If you do not know how to play the basics of your character by 16 then I do not know what to say. It would also have zero impact on the veterans of the game. In fact they would have a lot more people to kill :) Bolster is great but you are still flagged with a LVL number that makes you undesirable. Being lvl 16 does not say you do not know how to play or follow orders. It just says I would rather have a 40. If you are going to bother having bolster make that lvl show in the WB. Guilds are going to take people they know and the rest of us can run around throwing our selves at the enemy:) Thank you for your feedback :)

Synacy

Post#5 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:52 pm

Koshdino wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:25 pm Just food for thought, I have kept my Renown the same as my lvl I get it that Renown is important. I understand well how to follow a Wb leaders instructions I have PVP'd with the big lads quite a bit in other games :) I play all hours of the day and get that populations ebb and flow :) I just think that if the Devs wanted more people to stick around there are a few things they could do :) Hell even giving Renown for PVE to lvl 40 would make entry into endgame easier and less daunting. If you do not know how to play the basics of your character by 16 then I do not know what to say. It would also have zero impact on the veterans of the game. In fact they would have a lot more people to kill :) Bolster is great but you are still flagged with a LVL number that makes you undesirable. Being lvl 16 does not say you do not know how to play or follow orders. It just says I would rather have a 40. If you are going to bother having bolster make that lvl show in the WB. Guilds are going to take people they know and the rest of us can run around throwing our selves at the enemy:) Thank you for your feedback :)
As said in all that I wrote in the segment above... If you need to re-read it, please do so, but it is again a game of adaption. Where the developers, moderators and such else work hard to improve the game and balance it for all players to enjoy their favorite class, they cannot distinctively aim to satisfy a single individual. To say,
Koshdino wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:25 pmIf you do not know how to play the basics of your character by 16 then I do not know what to say.
is rather interesting... I am not sure if you are saying you do or don't understand your character but you are right, most understand the basics of their character by level 9 or 10. From this, you learn as you go. The game is a climb and you can't expect to find ease in a scale-type of game.

I don't know what your game-type is but this isn't a game that caters to speedrunning gameplay. You might find things lengthened and strenuous, and at first you might experience one of many hardships on your journey to the end, but everyone else around you on this game is either actively striving for that experience or has earned their position for the time they sacrifice. The big lads as you call them have earned their place for having gone through the hardships that you currently dislike. And as far as RR, RR was exclusively meant for RvR and Scenarios, and is what differentiates tactile abilities and armor sets from PvE armor sets. If you dislike the way things are as of now, I do not know what to offer on your behalf that hasn't already been told.
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

Koshdino

Post#6 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:13 pm

I do not dislike it at all :) I also do not mind it taking a year to get where I am going. I only dislike afk and pvdoor being the only way to play for almost all of t1 t2 and t3. I think they could change that with out impacting any vets gameplay. Again it would just give them more fodder to kill. Its not about wanting something given to me its about wanting to PVP lol. I would take 1 xp per kill and still be playing :) Its about almost zero PVP for 24 levels :) I will PVP naked and die a 1000 times and not care a bit as long as I am having fun. The game in its current state is Fun Fun Fun now grind pve or afk sit for 24 levels to get back the fun :) Just seems redundant and could be improved upon:)

Maiana

Post#7 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:19 am

Be that agent of change that you seek. I do not believe you that a majority of your experience in the zones is one of PvE, BUT if it is - that is mostly due to your own making. Keep sieges are not consistently uncontested, so once you arrive there will be defenders and a fight at the keep. There are skirmishes at the objectives.

If you want more small scale fighting, you’re going to have to be social. Some larger guilds do not mind taking on new players looking to learn, and might be running a warband of their own that has spots. If you’re getting midtier pug scenario pops, notice who plays how you like and perform well - chat with them. You can probably get a lowbie group together.

Everyone else had to do the exact same things. The group synergy aspect is specifically what makes this game special.

Detangler

Post#8 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:20 am

I started in December and have taken 2 characters thru the dreaded mid tiers. I mixed it up between PQ farming, scenarios, and oRvR playing mostly off hours late night PST.

Spam LFG channel saying you want to do PQs and scenarios, bounce between zones and see if others are running PQs solo from your map. Go investigate and see if they want to group up.

Try to keep renown rank even with your level. PvE gives the best xp, scenarios give about even xp/renown gain rates, and oRvR gives a lot of renown and very little xp comparatively. Note your xp and renown bars and act accordingly. It takes a while but you'll get there eventually.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Malvane

Post#9 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:32 am

To me gaining renown is more important than adventuring levels. I have and will continue to take XP reduction pots to keep capping out my RR level before hitting 40. I joined the game with son and friend (BG, Dok, and Marauder trio), to accomplish small goal goals outside of WB. As far as getting kicked, no one wants anyone pre 40 trying to take forts and honestly, I think this was one of the best introductions dynamics for this game ( level 16s in Warbands only hinder your WB). As everyone has said que up for SC and start sitting on them BOs. While I do admit, sitting on BOs are boring as hell, your still getting renown for mildly doing anything.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#10 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:24 am

@Synacy :arrow: By far the best signature!!

10\10
]