Recent Topics

Ads

Broken endgame

Let's talk about... everything else
Grobbok

Broken endgame

Post#1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:46 am

with the opening of the fortress, we got a new endgame, but not everyone can participate in it.
only lucky or faster ones can enter the fortress and they are just a few ppl from many more who were fighting to lock the zone
many players are going to fortress portal only to see sign: GO AWAY, NOTHING HERE FOR YOU
is this kind of sharing of players for those who have succeeded and the rest that has to go without playing, is this a new, wonderful reward system?
disappointment, frustration and anger are increasingly spreading between community
if we are waiting for the sieges of cities, that only a few will be able to play again?
many players asking me how to get a new set, when they can participate in fortress attack or defense, and what I should say to them? NEVER? it is only for special ones?
good game cares about all players, does not divide players, has a fair system for everyone!
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Ads
Panzerkasper

Re: Broken endgame

Post#2 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:53 am

Grobbok wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:46 am with the opening of the fortress, we got a new endgame, but not everyone can participate in it.
only lucky or faster ones can enter the fortress and they are just a few ppl from many more who were fighting to lock the zone
many players are going to fortress portal only to see sign: GO AWAY, NOTHING HERE FOR YOU
is this kind of sharing of players for those who have succeeded and the rest that has to go without playing, is this a new, wonderful reward system?
disappointment, frustration and anger are increasingly spreading between community
if we are waiting for the sieges of cities, that only a few will be able to play again?
many players asking me how to get a new set, when they can participate in fortress attack or defense, and what I should say to them? NEVER? it is only for special ones?
good game cares about all players, does not divide players, has a fair system for everyone!
RvR is a evolving process that takes time to grow. Open RvR wasn't erfect from the beginning and so are the forts.
I am also not very happy with the fortress sieges right now, but they are not even in for a month now.
I highly agree with the 40/40 restriction on forts, i don't want to see a lvl 17 char rolling for Invader when they don't even have a single piece of Anni.

Give it some time.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

zwerrie

Post#3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:37 am

Reintroduce wards in 1 month or so after the forts are properly 'tested/fixed' if my memory serves me right you had to have full anni in order to tank/dps the fortress lord to obtain conq.. we allready past that point(cutoff will be too low) make it full conq/vanq this will filter out more then enough ppl

Alsayr

Post#4 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:53 am

Players number cap in fortress is to low
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

DanielWinner

Post#5 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:06 am

Yesterday in DW there were around 300 people in the zone and do you know what happened when they entered a keep? Lags were so bad so I couldn’t even switch a stance on SW or use any skill... so yeah, fortress should have limited population because even now it can be super laggy with current cap until server becomes stronger/more stable/etc
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Lesnoj

Post#6 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:14 am

I agree with the main post, about the cap and the way it is working now. But if this is only a matter of time to fix the bugs and issues then ok with me. The only thing that bothers me is the way that ppl will get Invader set. Before sieges will work properly some ppl will have invader set already. After that, sieges might work differently and I may even guess that it will be harder than now and ppl that don’t have invader will have to get the items different way. Is it fair to get top set like this?

zak68

Post#7 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 am

just for curiosity, are fortresses a separate rvr zones or their share the same cpu thread of their originating tier ?

Alsayr

Post#8 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:34 pm

The fortress cant be instances ? Zone have no instance, but i don`t know how is with fort. On the live city siege by default have limitation for 2 wb then open new instance for rest players. I only asking, not claim.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:43 pm

Grobbok wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:46 am with the opening of the fortress, we got a new endgame, but not everyone can participate in it.
Have you not once considered that maybe - just maybe - Forts are still in their preliminary stages, and so, are subject to constant change? That the live iteration of Forts (blob v blob - something you are vehemently against, I believe?) isn't really desired here - hence the new approach to them?

Talk about jumping the gun.

Grobbok

Post#10 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:58 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:06 am Yesterday in DW there were around 300 people in the zone and do you know what happened when they entered a keep? Lags were so bad so I couldn’t even switch a stance on SW or use any skill... so yeah, fortress should have limited population because even now it can be super laggy with current cap until server becomes stronger/more stable/etc
ok, limit but why only one open,
how rest of ppl can get invader if they will never enter the fortress, coz there is only ONE limited fortress?
lider of Da fat squigs guild