Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress Attack Defence<Both SIdes>

Let's talk about... everything else
Marocus

Fortress Attack Defence<Both SIdes>

Post#1 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:58 pm

I've done fortress on both sides now and it's just as bad in defence regardless of who is doing it. Can we have a bit of open discussion on what to do when defending a fortress? Both sides seem to be able to attack one Ok, but I've seen both sides defend by a token fight at the front door then withdrawing to Lord room. Lord gets pulled and dies in 30secs flat and then everyone whines.

Can I suggest we defend by holding the CPs to prevent the door degrading for as long as possible and fall back to defend Lord as our last stand. Instead of standing around or even on one occasion bunny hopping around the battlements on our horses while the enemy take everything and the door falls.

The way I understand it works and we are "supposed" to do it is-

There is no ram-The door takes ticking damage for every unheld CP-They need to be defended-If the flags are all held by the def team the door never falls. The defenders win by default after defending long enough if the Lord remains alive.

There is no prison for the defenders until the inner door falls-You can fight die and release on wipe if the inner door is still up-You only need to worry about prison on the last stage when the inner door is down and the final assault is underway.

Using the Lord as an offensive weapon is a highly dubious tactic-Hes got no HPs to speak of and if pulled outside the room can be easily DPSd down.Unlike keep lords he wont last long enough for you to get back after a wipe-If the enemy has pulled the lord..you have almost lost.

Up for discussion/corrections etc-This is just my understanding of how it works and what we should do when in defence. No one seems to want to listen when we are actually in zone so I think a discussion here in downtime would be good. It will be more fun if both sides can defend so I don't see this as a faction exclusive topic. -Please say what you think.

Ads
Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Re: Fortress Attack Defence<Both SIdes>

Post#2 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:54 am

Teamwork between all warband leaders, dats wot it takes, and tanks buildin M4 for pushin or holdin against enemies. Coordinaton on Morales and pushes is key.
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86