Recent Topics

Ads

Status of the Choppa ?.

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Status of the Choppa ?.

Post#31 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:51 pm

Diggot wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:44 pm

An Archmage being able to put DoT's on a choppa, heal himself while the choppa slowly dies.. that's NOT "fine".
...no, no - that is totally fine, when you factor in: a) this isn't a 1v1 game (so your run-ins with DPS AMs don't amount to much, I'm afraid) ; b) any class that has range, healing & damage capabilities is always going to trump a Choppa/Slayer in a 1v1 encounter; c) a guard and heals would negate these DoTs almost entirely (Choppa/Slayer are more group dependent than other MDPS, but that is also because they can dish out more hurt).

@Panzer

I do think Rampage could be looked at again, but my point was that if you see a Slayer using rampage, and you are a MDPS/Tank, you should either wait it out, or shatter it; standing toe-to-toe with him is asking to die.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#32 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:58 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:15 pm
oaliaen wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:45 pm you cant kill a slayer whit rampage+self healin channel.
Buffhead - Trackers - Hostile - Add - 'Rampage'

As soon as you see it appear, move away from the Slayer/shatter it if tank.

Use any interrupts you have when he does his self-healing.

People talk about getting killed by solo slayer, yet standing in his face when he has Rampage activated is just asking for a fun time. Also, Slayer will kill certain classes more than they can kill him in 1v1....such is life.
Which Code is rampage pls?

peterthepan3

Post#33 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:03 pm

Not sure on code, but simply writing 'Rampage' in the Hostile - Show tracker area should be sufficient.

I would go one step further and recommend tracking it with Aura, too.

Panzerkasper

Post#34 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:51 pm @Panzer

I do think Rampage could be looked at again, but my point was that if you see a Slayer using rampage, and you are a MDPS/Tank, you should either wait it out, or shatter it; standing toe-to-toe with him is asking to die.
Futile effort trying to running from/outlast/wait out a 20sec with a 10sec downtime. Already talked about the shattering problem.

Let's not treat this like a 1on1 issue, because it cleary isn't. I saw the double slayer cheese group at the 6vs6 event and even just from a witness POV I felt pretty disgusted by it tbh.
It should have been looked at a long time ago.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Panzerkasper wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:10 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:51 pm @Panzer

Futile effort trying to running from/outlast/wait out a 20sec with a 10sec downtime. Already talked about the shattering problem.

Let's not treat this like a 1on1 issue, because it cleary isn't. I saw the double slayer cheese group at the 6vs6 event and even just from a witness POV I felt pretty disgusted by it tbh.
It should have been looked at a long time ago.
Not futile if you are on your own and le random healer appears just in time :D

I do agree that Rampage should be looked at again (as do other members of the team), but it has been placed on the backburner for a bit (along with several other potential balance issues) while we test out Forts. The departure of the person implementing most of the changes has also had a big effect on balance (naturally), so all I can suggest is to wait it out a bit.

Panzerkasper

Post#36 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:14 pm Not futile if you are on your own and le random healer appears just in time :D

I do agree that Rampage should be looked at again (as do other members of the team), but it has been placed on the backburner for a bit (along with several other potential balance issues) while we test out Forts. The departure of the person implementing most of the changes has also had a big effect on balance (naturally), so all I can suggest is to wait it out a bit.
Well, the priority list is pretty messed up then.

There was time for a WL, SW, SH, DoK and WP rework, but not for fixing a single ability. It's not like that rampage is op since yesterday.

But I take your word and I will hold you personally responsible for it!
Spoiler:
no i won't ;)

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Nefarian78

Post#37 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:25 pm

From a scenario 2h tank/healer main PoV that has to guard or heal them, i absolutely hate having one of them in my team.

They're just an enormous moving target that forces me to focus exclusively on that one choppa because anything can chunk 70% of their health bar in a couple GCDs.

I'd much rather have a 2h full damage BO or any other dps, tbh.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ysaran

Post#38 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Panzerkasper wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:14 pm Not futile if you are on your own and le random healer appears just in time :D

Well, the priority list is pretty messed up then.

There was time for a WL, SW, SH, DoK and WP rework, but not for fixing a single ability. It's not like that rampage is op since yesterday.

But I take your word and I will hold you personally responsible for it!
Spoiler:
no i won't ;)
imo is better if the rampage change come along the aoe change for both classes.
Zputadenti

Ads
TheRipe

Post#39 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:30 pm

I personally like playing choppa as many of you might know but I still find many choppa abilities less usefull if I say it kindly. Haven't touched some abilities at all after tried them out few times. Some cost too much action points, some deal too low damage and some just don't have good potential to be used or are too hard to acquire in combat like morale 4s. Lack of choices what comes to abilities. Some new skills could be nice and refreshing add. :roll:
What to comes to survivability, yes. Squishy, even with 8k wounds. Need that tank or healer to maximize killing and damage but sometimes there are no tank and healer around to boost your survivability and we choppas must try do what we can. (Probably die again and again and again. Maybe get few kills in right moment and then get rolled over again by warband, party or another enemy.) :?
"Zoggin' stunty! Look wot 'ee did for me kleava! Nuw it'z all kover'd wiv 'eez bludd!"
-Choppa: Grufrip Blakkflagg Da Kaptin o' Da Freebootaz (2015-X)

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:46 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:15 pm
oaliaen wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:45 pm you cant kill a slayer whit rampage+self healin channel.
Buffhead - Trackers - Hostile - Add - 'Rampage'

As soon as you see it appear, move away from the Slayer/shatter it if tank.

Use any interrupts you have when he does his self-healing.

People talk about getting killed by solo slayer, yet standing in his face when he has Rampage activated is just asking for a fun time. Also, Slayer will kill certain classes more than they can kill him in 1v1....such is life.
lmao, do you realize how dumb dis sounds? rampage? no worries just run away for 10 to 20 seconds, yeah easy thing to do just avoid him...seriously hahaha cmon stop sleepin in ur desk get to balancin! rampage needs a tweak or change to an upper slot in mastery points, something to do with it, it's just one of the most overpowered skills in game.
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86