Recent Topics

Ads

Commando GM Door

Let's talk about... everything else
novitaun

Commando GM Door

Post#1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Don't know how this happened today...but things like these make me think about quiting this game:
Order was defending Ostland inner keep 100% door drop to 0% instantly. All I know I was healing my group and suddenly I was steamed through... Destruction just had put the ram on the door and insta broke the inner door... wtf :o

Aparently someone in order was abusing, heard something about an engineer pull. So some "GM superhero" in the destruction side broke the door in response to the people abusing.

Exploiting the game as a response to the engineer exploiter does not seem a good way to fix things. It does not correct the root cause of the problem.

It also seems to me that using ingame GM commands or hacks to alter the result of a game has side effects to those who were not involved.

I don't even think the enemy side was even challenged to take the castle.

Things like this kill the game. It makes the game BIAS and GMs not trustworthy.

I won a purple bag today after High Pass.. who the hell **** cares. I could be playing 2018/2019 released modern games, name any of them, I can play it. Instad, I gave this game a try for nostalgy but these moments make me think like I am wasting my time

Ads
Brew

Re: Commando GM Door

Post#2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Not to mention he puts in a nice 'now fight fair" when he did it, not vindictive or anything. One engi was pulling people through the door, he stopped after Gambero threatened him with a nuke.

Why did all the Order there have to be punished for that 1 person's actions?
<Art Supplies>

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:11 pm

Already dealt with it.

I expect GM's to give some warning before a door is dropped (in that case, the Ram had bugged out and was not doing damage from what I heard), doing so over a single player I can agree is not appropriate.

However, the general attitude that GM's are using hacks is not called for either. They do a job here, they have tools granted to do it. If they make a mistake you can be sure I'm going to get on them about it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#4 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Marocus

Post#5 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:18 pm

To give the full picture- The door was still at 100 percent after being rammed for ages and was apparently bugged.
I was there when Gamb came in and asked whoever to stop pulling Destros through the wall/door and whoever it was just did it again right in front of him. Then wouldn't own up when he politely asked.
Maybe giving fair warning that he was going to drop the door in hindsight would have been a good idea but people taking the piss out of him when he was trying to deal with a legitimate bug and glitching was out of line. - If I had been in his position I would have said "Ok you had your chance...siege forfeited." Its between you staff as to what you think is appropriate and not but if the glitcher had just stopped the sudden door fall likely wouldn't have happened. Just my 2cp but I was on the losing side out of this and I think we had it coming and whoever the glitcher was is to blame.
Last edited by Marocus on Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sgomberoni
Game Master

Post#6 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:20 pm

Hey there, that was me abusing.

Can you confirm that the door wasn't taking damage? Can we assume the ram was bugged and did not deal damage? If so for how long did that go?
When I ported there I warned you fair and square (after telling the engi doing that with a few tells to stop that) to stop that in /say and all I got was being ignored and getting ridicule.

To make it short and simple: I was wrong borking that door without giving you an adequate amount of time to prepare for the assault, that's absolutely true.
But what I got there wasn't what a tagged staff member should expect. I know it was in the heat of battle but really it seemed like nobody cared.

The door had to go down either way. Sorry for doing it without warning.
Crotgu

Marocus

Post#7 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:25 pm

I didn't see door % myself but i've heard from 3 others independently now it went from 100 to 0. It had taken no damage despite the prolonged assault on it with the ram.

novitaun

Post#8 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:39 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:11 pm However, the general attitude that GM's are using hacks is not called for either. They do a job here, they have tools granted to do it. If they make a mistake you can be sure I'm going to get on them about it.
There was no yellow letters to announce the ram bug, to make order side prepair for the inside defence. This is not the first ram that bugs. It is certainly the first I have witnessed to break the door instantly though. The resolution is clearly bias from the defender point of view. Consequently my opinion is that the combat resolution has been hacked no matter what tool was used to fix the problem.
sgomberoni wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:20 pm
When I ported there I warned you fair and square (after telling the engi doing that with a few tells to stop that) to stop that in /say and all I got was being ignored and getting ridicule.

To make it short and simple: I was wrong borking that door without giving you an adequate amount of time to prepare for the assault, that's absolutely true.
But what I got there wasn't what a tagged staff member should expect. I know it was in the heat of battle but really it seemed like nobody cared.

Except for the engi exploiter, the rest of the defenders had nothing to do with his acts. We could not force him to stop even if we wanted to. Nobody cared.. well nobody could do anything but a GM to be honest.

The door had not to go either way. Attackers had been wiped several times on outer, so you never know. I can not agree.

Ads
Curganox

Post#9 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:47 pm

It is a slap in the face when 140 people are punished for misconduct due to two or three people ...

Fighting for free for 2.5 hours is really cool :(

For what is probably unfair behavior on both sides, only one side has recently been punished

This is my opinion

sorry my English is very bad
-:Order Guild:-FEAR
Curganox Grollhammer - Eisenbrecher - RR80
Chleopatra - Warrior Priest - RR44
Schorschi - Schwertmeister RR40

-:Destruction Guild:-No Name
Dovahkin - BG
Humpelmann - Shamane

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:54 pm

novitaun wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:39 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:11 pm However, the general attitude that GM's are using hacks is not called for either. They do a job here, they have tools granted to do it. If they make a mistake you can be sure I'm going to get on them about it.
There was no yellow letters to announce the ram bug, to make order side prepair for the inside defence. This is not the first ram that bugs. It is certainly the first I have witnessed to break the door instantly though. The resolution is clearly bias from the defender point of view. Consequently my opinion is that the combat resolution has been hacked no matter what tool was used to fix the problem.
sgomberoni wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:20 pm

Except for the engi exploiter, the rest of the defenders had nothing to do with his acts. We could not force him to stop even if we wanted to. Nobody cared.. well nobody could do anything but a GM to be honest.

The door had not to go either way. Attackers had been wiped several times on outer, so you never know. I can not agree.
I think we agree on what is proper then, no need to be any more hostile about it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog