Recent Topics

Ads

RP/zealot spec and scenario manager question

Let's talk about... everything else
Detangler

RP/zealot spec and scenario manager question

Post#1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:49 pm

From the patch notes: "This allows the Scenario Manager to better attempt to construct balanced groups out of the Tank/DPS/Heal archetypes from available players. This does take into account players specced as DPS while playing a Tank or Healer class, which may affect pure DPS classes as they are sharing their role with more classes"

Can a dev explain a little more how this affects RP/Zealot? Their 3 spec trees are all mixed with healing and DD, and harbinger of doom/rune of breaking converts all item equipment to either healing or DD at the click of a button. I take equipment with either stat since I know itll get converted into healing power but want to get the "healer archtype" fast lane to scenarios :D . If this will slow down my scenario pops I'll have to think twice about wearing too many intelligence items. Thanks and keep up the great work!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Sigimund

Re: RP/zealot spec and scenario manager question

Post#2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:18 am

Tactics, if it is like the first implementation years ago. Not foolproof but something.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: RP/zealot spec and scenario manager question

Post#3 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:32 am

Typically if you're going to heal in scenarios you'll be running all the stuff that makes your healing good. If you're running as DPS, you've got stuff that makes your DPS better. Some classes are easier to throw into the tank/heal/dps buckets. RP/Z isn't that complicated either.

If you try to do both, you're not going to be very good at both, and then you're just letting your team down and will probably lose more often. Which serves as it's own deterrent for doing so. I don't think it really matters much if they get queued as healing or dps, your team will happily let you know if you're deficient in expectations.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog