Recent Topics

Ads

Very Frustrated

Let's talk about... everything else
Pentarch

Very Frustrated

Post#1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:57 am

I hesitate to even cast any negativity because of the utmost respect and gratefulness I have for the devs who made this game I love come back to life. I only do so out of frustration with the new changes to renown gain from kills. I struggle to see how despite what the realm population is at the time, how it effects a 1 v 1 fight? Playing a WH, should I really only get +1 or zero renown for a challenging fight against a player of equal or greater rank? Or even if I manage to fight and win against two people? Just because my realm has a higher population at that moment but didn't aid at all in my fight? It leaves me with no incentive to do anything when order has a higher population besides sit on a BO.

I only offer my thoughts as constructive criticism in hopes some tweaking can be made.

Ads
Mez

Re: Very Frustrated

Post#2 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:05 am

I recently came back and was shocked to see this message after a very intense small scale fight over a BO. I was going to say something, but nothing I really post typically makes any difference. (Give destro ranged kd).

Penalizing people who PvP is just comical. How about you remove renown gain for BO's and keeps and zone flips to the zerg side. Let them play for bags only. Bring back defensive ticks (running RP ticks while defending a keep), bring back 1 ramp keeps. (yeah right).

I will say Warhammer was fondly remember by many before they started ramping up their progression agenda on live, i.e. pushing conq, invader, warlord and sov so so so fast. Gear gaps were born, and people logging off after getting crushed by organized geared groups that were unkillable due to 5x potting (pot, officer pot, pytra, absorb + wounds lini) plus settra, plus 5k pocket absorbs, plus the other stuff if you had it i.e. cleansing and bubble cloaks etc etc, cleansing power. Do we dare say the server is starting to feel a pinch of this?

Crap.

What about realm lockout TO a zerg side temporarily, like 60 minutes, so people dont leave underdog side for bags.

There's other solutions, but yeah. Good luck Pent. Not sure you're gonna make a diff. but good I agree broham.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

anarchypark

Post#3 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:49 am

have you ever fight against 100+ aao ?
1wb vs 2wb+ at the keep?
try to understand realm war before your 1vs1 plz.
it's not best solution, maybe throw some ideas for this problem.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

blakokami

Post#4 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:09 am

I think the vast majority of people agree that AAO malus is a terrible addition to the game. Apparently its a bandaid fix to stop one side from zerging so much (aka the team is wanting ppl to crossrealm lol. Even though they have been against it in the past.)But guess what? The zerg is just as zergy. And do we really want a game that is even 50/50 pop all the time with no zone flips because of it? ppl log off because of stalemates too ya know.

I mean even Volgograd made a thread against it, and he is one of the guy's that usually doesn't call the RoR staff out on their mistakes. That should tell you something.

The only people that think its a good idea are those that are living in a fantasy and think that it's actually going to make fights more "fair" in RvR because people will be more willing to swap to the underpop side.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Nidwin

Post#5 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:45 am

It's part of what Dr Novella would call "The Law of Unintended Consequences".

https://theness.com/neurologicablog/ind ... sequences/

It's not working as intended but it's not our decision to make it go away.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Azerreth

Post#6 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:48 am

Can't balance a game around Warbands, you will always get some classes out preforming others. I firmly believe if you want both sides to be equal each has to be balanced around one v one, then group balance will fall into place. The moral is if they can hold their own in a fight without help, then they should be able to bring a good thing to the party. As it stands now some classes are not fun to play once so ever so I cant roll one because they just cant preform without a warband being there.

I dont PVE in this game and never did, and the reason im not on as much is because I feel like im punished for not wanting to pve. This game is a pvp game, it needs to be balanced like one.

narvi

Post#7 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:15 am

Azerreth wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:48 am Can't balance a game around Warbands, you will always get some classes out preforming others. I firmly believe if you want both sides to be equal each has to be balanced around one v one, then group balance will fall into place.
Class balance is completely irrelevant to this. Classes don't matter when there's 4enemy for your 1player. :?

It's a bandaid fix to blobbing(not even overpopulation) and the prime culprit are the order pug leaders that adopted the BLOB-ON-ME maneuver in the past 2 months or so. One realm being more populated is one thing, every pug confrontation being 1-2wb vs 3-4wb is another. It simply becomes a mindless steamroll devoid of any joy for either side.

If you have any better solutions, I'm sure everyone and the devs would love to hear it.
*Not saying it's a good solution, kinda sounded like that. I do hope it gets removed as soon as possible.

Urdeg

Post#8 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:48 am

I'd say you absolutely have to balance the game around warbands. There is no arena mode, the VAST majority of all RvR is going to be warbands versus warbands and the way class abilities work in a group is a much more important gameplay concept than 1v1 dueling. No contest.

It sounds like we all agree we'd like to be doing some actual fighting, so why don't we as players and pug WB leaders foster more of that?

I don't know how to deal with the realm population unbalance, but I would actually like it if we had more even odds. I think more renown from kills means more emblems, renown and money for everyone.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#9 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Balancing game around warband will kill this game faster then y think.
Why?
Because on Destro side we have a good WB leaders like Ocaru, Fluff, Grufrip, Grunbeast or Gdy.
They taking zerging ppl and make a sharp weapon from random herd. With all respect on Order side -they focus on more elitistic premades, like Kajtran, Clown, Reonor. Lasiczka gangs. And even they cant do nothing, NOTHING, against marching wall of destro.
And one Bitterstone do not change anything.

But personally i dont care about rr from killing Orderlings.
Why?
Because i am from Fat Squigs tribe and i will hunt and consume any weak, alone or lost Order creature no matter he give 1 or 1k renown.
Howgh and follow Grobbok!

Brizio

Post#10 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:39 pm

But then again, the topic is not abou balance!

Geez, stay on the topic.