Recent Topics

Ads

Very Frustrated

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: Very Frustrated

Post#31 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:30 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:53 am
more like creating permanent underdog realm.
Having a permanent underdog realm would be more than amazing, kinda wet dream. There is nothing worse than logging for scheluded guild Waaaghbando and seeing enemies running around like headless chickens with over 9000 AAO...

Ads
Azerreth

Post#32 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Well what they could do is spread the fight out over a zone, what do I mean? Well the original intention was to have the whole zone be the rvr map. PVE was forced by EA upon mythic as they wanted this game to be more like WoW.

So what they could do is say (Gonna use troll country) for an example, we fight over the initial objectives. Once those BO's are capped and locked down the fight moves on to the warcamps, where we invade to cut off reinforcements. Each of the pillaged towns on chaos side, and each of the base camps on order side become a sort of "Meta-event" where we push in and take down their Rally master (Once this stage occurs he becomes a mini-boss, akin to a keep lord perhaps but not nearly as tough.) The goal is to raze the enemy base, and kill their leader to disband moral and crush the opposition. Could also have quests that offer... Invader coins for "Invading" their camps and slaughtering their men. You can only take one camp at a time, the more people attacking scales up the boss.

So If order for example is zerging super hard, then the boss grows to be a challenge for their zerg offering a small six man the chance to fight beside him and hold their ground. (Should get a reward regardless of failing/winning because you participated.) Maybe even have a mechanic like in the city toward the end of Live, where four players grow big and are able to duke it out.( This way we could have that mechanic, as well the original style of city sieges.) This forces the sides to meet on an objective outside of a keep on a more open terrain, and offers a more "Cinematic" style encounter. Once their camps are taken, which should not take a huge amount of time (It might depending on the numbers fighting in the lakes.) We move to the keeps and take their keep down. SHOULD YOU GET THEIR CAMPS DOWN THEY SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE ZONE. This would then make the keep fights go a bit faster, you decimated their army. Crushed their forces and the keep stands alone, if not this then perhaps only allow a certain amount of people into the keep. (Break up the zerg)

this would work really well in say reikland right before going into Altdorf, or chaos wastes when headed to The IC. There are so many gorgeous places not being fully utilized, due to them being strictly PvE camps. Bring those in and make it so once the zone is locked, they you get access to quests and dungeons and the like. (Basically center the game around what it was intended, pvp. Camelot Unchained is being developed as such, the devs said that was what they always wanted with WAR. They got prohibited by EA, we have the freedom and resources to do it me thinks. Though this is a long way off... and would be a massive overhaul.)

But I fully believe this team could make it work, given enough time.

ghutar

Post#33 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:55 pm

If it possible maintaing malus just for certian raidous of player. not whole zone would be nice.

KidneyThief

Post#34 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:56 pm

I just realized I don't like this game enough to have an opinion.
"You don't have to be the best. You just have to hold them off long enough for me to get on my horse."

Toshutkidup

Post#35 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:34 am

I have walked away from playing because of the Malus changes. I already took a penalty and accepted it by running solo in Sc’s. That’s my choice and I accepted the consequences of doing it. However to solo in ORVR and as others said kill multiple people and get 1RR PT is beyond my acceptance level. So until it’s changed I will stay away.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Eggs

Post#36 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:13 am

Pentarch wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:57 am I struggle to see how despite what the realm population is at the time, how it effects a 1 v 1 fight?
It has a huge effect. The movement and escape options of the outnumbered player or players are much more heavily restricted, as is the number of available targets in blob meta. Why should you be rewarded under those circumstances?

The malus is a temporary solution while they figure something out, since they can't put the realm imbalance genie back in the bottle.

Renown throttling doesn't really do anything to help anyone at lower levels since gear is their immediate concern. It's a disincentive for higher RR players though for sure. I don't know which is more frustrating: blowing up a target only to get stomped by 4 wb that come around the corner, or being in the 4 wb and stomping solos.

I admit I did enjoy the tears of the zerg faction for a while b/c they weren't getting their stuff without challenge any more, but now I just feel that, more and more, the need for skill is being sucked out of the game.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#37 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:04 am

there's no logic and it make perfect sense at the same time.
]