Recent Topics

Ads

Very Frustrated

Let's talk about... everything else
Alfinnete
Banned

Re: Very Frustrated

Post#11 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:24 pm

Yes! the new system is a drug, is what you really mean, as well as other members who do not agree or dislike the system. I agree with you!

Ads
Mez

Post#12 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:26 pm

I'm just saying the 100 people who flock to the zerg side dont even blink at this penalty. They are there for the free renown gains and bags. The only thing this penalty does is make people who want to PLAY the game rage.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#13 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:36 pm

With this system getting into the BO is more compensatory than wasting time struggling and earning a misery of Renown.

Xergon

Post#14 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:57 pm

anarchypark wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:49 am have you ever fight against 100+ aao ?
1wb vs 2wb+ at the keep?
try to understand realm war before your 1vs1 plz.
it's not best solution, maybe throw some ideas for this problem.
It would be proper idea IF all classes could find place in WB, but we all know thats not true.
WL and WH is told to play solo/roam style, so thats what ppl do and what they got in reward ? +1 RP.
If you dont want ppl to talk about 1vs1 dont make class be focused on 1vs1.

So you have only 2 options:
- reroll other DPS class that has role in WB (BW, Slayer, Engi)
- roll oposite side so you can fight with AAO.

Cheers.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Azerreth

Post#15 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:52 pm

narvi wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:15 am
Azerreth wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:48 am Can't balance a game around Warbands, you will always get some classes out preforming others. I firmly believe if you want both sides to be equal each has to be balanced around one v one, then group balance will fall into place.
Class balance is completely irrelevant to this. Classes don't matter when there's 4enemy for your 1player. :?

It's a bandaid fix to blobbing(not even overpopulation) and the prime culprit are the order pug leaders that adopted the BLOB-ON-ME maneuver in the past 2 months or so. One realm being more populated is one thing, every pug confrontation being 1-2wb vs 3-4wb is another. It simply becomes a mindless steamroll devoid of any joy for either side.

If you have any better solutions, I'm sure everyone and the devs would love to hear it.
*Not saying it's a good solution, kinda sounded like that. I do hope it gets removed as soon as possible.
I do have a better solution for one drop the malus and stop making us rely on aao to get anything done. Scale the keep lord down to make him easier to kill especially with forts on the horizon. Balance the classes for one v one encounters and reward small man and solo players who decide to havoc as much if not more so than the zerg. Because if a group of six can take the attention of a full warband and make them chase said six man almost out of the zone it means they are doing their job.

All these things would make encounters much more enjoyable and rewarding from a design perspective, and even if you get steamrolled once and a while the reward pays off. As it stands now due to how bad the balance is with order being the dominant force for a pluthra of reasons (Their kits are just superior at base, this is without gear scaling. They are also more organized and willing to work together.) The real issue is not the changes needing to be made, its if the little babies who love how it is can handle it changing because there are tons of people on this server who see no issue with this design.

I mean it cant be fun for order to take and empty zone, and get no rr really at all. That is not going to change much when destro really does not want to fight them, bomb warbands and such make it almost impossible. You can have two warbands to orders one and they walk in and bomb the lot of you, kill you and then everyone disolves. People leave and get off, one wipe and a warband is toast due to the mentality of the people playing. Its why I disdain being in a warband and playing BO baby sitter Simulator.

Urdeg

Post#16 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Thats funny, both sides like to say the other have better base kits and better organized leaders. How much grass-is-always-greener kind of mentality is involved with this discussion?

From my side I'm usually on order because I'd rather play a dwarf than any other fantasy race, and I dont desire the massive overpopulation on either side
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Foofighter

Post#17 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:20 am

also from all these people that cant find wbs seems the roaming scene would be pretty poping but most people on here seem to complain no one roams anymore, so i assume a lot of wl wh are guarding that mailbox, same must go for all the we and maras... people need to have a actual idea of what game they are playing before randomly commenting on mechanics and balancing

Drys

Post#18 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:25 am

Roll a WE and play the underdog side
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
Detangler

Post#19 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:40 am

It should be "all carrot - no stick." Not like I would stop playing this game if I got a RR 80 character w max gear. It would be time to roll another class and kill all over again.

Keep renown bonuses, severely limit zerging penalties.

Or give out a pittance of bags to the losing side. Give at least some compensation for fighting the good fight!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

zaauk

Post#20 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:34 am

I like the idea with resources, maybe it will help if you can drop them at BOs, keep and WC. To get small/singel groups to run them for the Warbands? The contribution can be based on where you turn them in etc.
Maybe they could randomly spawn on the map and also from kills. Something like capture the flag but cant be carried if your in a warband.

Malus i agree aint a good thing, people keep zerging alot of people seem to like the playstyle. I think you need to encourage people to run in smaller groups. Give them something to do that the zerg dont have time for or want to do.

Both playstyles are good and needed. Just hard to find the balance so we get both.

Myself i enjoy all kind of gaming in Warhammer. Solo, duo, 6-man, warband etc. i just logg a toon that fits. So i agree with the person above. Should worry to much about RR and loot gain. Should encourage ppl to play more and maybe more toons instead. =)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen: