Recent Topics

Ads

What are the "Healer Killer" Classes?

Let's talk about... everything else
braxkedren

What are the "Healer Killer" Classes?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:04 pm

So my frustration mainly comes from watching SC PUGs run around aimlessly wacking on a tank that has 2-3 healers supporting him and losing completely. Happens both sides so the side isn't the issue just bad play. I've played various classes to try to get a feel for one that can reliably put pressure on healers to help change the SC course but not really finding anything that does it well.

This might be due to the fact I'm still under level 20 on classes or it's just that Healers are actually OP and I'm not aware of it. My question is what classes would you roll if you want to be that SC Healer pressure bot that gives the rest of the group a chance at routing a zerg/turtle?
Otik- Ironbreaker

Complete Noob

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: What are the "Healer Killer" Classes?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:11 pm

braxkedren wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:04 pm So my frustration mainly comes from watching SC PUGs run around aimlessly wacking on a tank that has 2-3 healers supporting him and losing completely. Happens both sides so the side isn't the issue just bad play. I've played various classes to try to get a feel for one that can reliably put pressure on healers to help change the SC course but not really finding anything that does it well.

This might be due to the fact I'm still under level 20 on classes or it's just that Healers are actually OP and I'm not aware of it. My question is what classes would you roll if you want to be that SC Healer pressure bot that gives the rest of the group a chance at routing a zerg/turtle?
You don't want to focus preassure healers. They are almoast impsossible to kill as a solo dps as they kitted for survival and take a long time to kill. You want to kill dps so that all your dps can focus down the healers without any dps to threaten you.

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:24 pm

First:
PUGs gonna PUG.

Second:
If you play a healer, the tanks or dps suck
If you play a dps, the tanks or healers suck
If you play a tank, the dps or healers suck

Third:
Witch Hunter/Witch Elf good all around.
BG specced in a particular way can seriously impede a healer.
Geared WL will evaporate healers. Not geared WL will be laughed at after running out of AP.
I believe a Savagery Mara can wear down most healers. Will find out shortly.
Slayers kill everything if they don't die first

Finally, generally speaking:
Any n+1 dps specced classes any archetype can kill a healer where n is the number of healers the opposition has in the area. Probably some exceptions, but works in general. Key is always to separate, isolate and focus.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:27 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:11 pm
Spoiler:
braxkedren wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:04 pm So my frustration mainly comes from watching SC PUGs run around aimlessly wacking on a tank that has 2-3 healers supporting him and losing completely. Happens both sides so the side isn't the issue just bad play. I've played various classes to try to get a feel for one that can reliably put pressure on healers to help change the SC course but not really finding anything that does it well.

You don't want to focus preassure healers. They are almoast impsossible to kill as a solo dps as they kitted for survival and take a long time to kill. You want to kill dps so that all your dps can focus down the healers without any dps to threaten you.
This is, what people don't get, when they yell "focus healers" in sc. :)
The DD have to deal more damage than the enemy healers can recover and the assist has to be too fast for the enemy to react. It is like a race. Only hit healers, when they are out of position.
Dying is no option.

kkprfx

Post#5 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:29 pm

BG with an outgoing HD and anti-detaunt tactic is the only tank that should be able to kill a healer.
Gabber

MedV

Post#6 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:31 pm

If you literally just want to kill healers in scs... A well geared WE/WH can kill one with KD and Heal Debuff... but you gotta hope they dont have a healer friend helping them out.

In general focus the DPS first. Once your team doesnt have pressure from the dps you are all free to kill the healers. Above poster said it perfectly you need more DPS toons to kill one healer.. N+1.
The King.

rmpl

Post#7 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm

kkprfx wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:29 pm BG with an outgoing HD and anti-detaunt tactic is the only tank that should be able to kill a healer.
BG isn't worth detaunting to begin with.

braxkedren

Post#8 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:47 pm

Okay, That makes sense. Maybe I'll try to get people on that page then and see how well they listen.

Thanks for all the advice and tips.
Otik- Ironbreaker

Complete Noob

Ads
Toldavf

Post#9 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Killing a properly played healer requires team work.

Team work is the killer.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

ToXoS

Post#10 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:30 pm

A 2H choppa with incoming and outgoing heal debuff, and the cooldown increaser ability. When I tried 2H choppa I killed some healers solo with these abilities. But I suspect that they were just bad to begin with.