Recent Topics

Ads

4 Classes - which is more forgiving?

Let's talk about... everything else
braxkedren

4 Classes - which is more forgiving?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 pm

There are 4 classes I’ve played around with that I generally like the look and feel of playing.

IB
Chosen
Mara
Black Orc

As I’m still low level and never played these in Live, which of these is more forgiving if you mess up on a CD and such later on?
Otik- Ironbreaker

Complete Noob

Ads
ragafury

Re: 4 Classes - which is more forgiving?

Post#2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:30 am

on all of those you have responsibilities, pick what you like, but I would say IB is most challenging of those, followed by Mara, followed by BO / chosen.

if you want an explanation I can give you that also in a second post, but the above is the very essential from my pov.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

braxkedren

Post#3 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 am

ragafury wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:30 am on all of those you have responsibilities, pick what you like, but I would say IB is most challenging of those, followed by Mara, followed by BO / chosen.

if you want an explanation I can give you that also in a second post, but the above is the very essential from my pov.
Thanks for the info.

I figured the Mara would have been least forgiving due to the mutates and needing to know what to use when. Interesting you have the IB higher. I probably need more into the class to get an idea of the mechanics it will be using.

I also thought the Chosen would have been close to the Mara due to Aura usage. Although the tooltip says only one aura at a time but currently have 2 running at the same time.

Was also wondering about the Black Orc. The ability builders seems like a nice mechanic currently. Mainly wondered if it got more complex later on with what it uses.

Just mainly looking for something I can jump into and take to rank and grind RR and learn it but not looking to pick up the most complex class on my first go around.
Otik- Ironbreaker

Complete Noob

Ramasee

Post#4 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 am

Ironbreaker to play well you have to keep up a list of buffs on yourself and your oathfriend. You can even swap around your oathfriend to apply these buffs to more targets. It is widely considered a career that require piano-like keyboard motions to play effectively.

Marauder has stance dancing with some abilities restricted by those stances. It can take a moment to learn all of that as well as how and when to stance dance appropriately. The caveat here is AoE spec which does not dance, like at all, and therefore is easy to pick up.

BO is a 1-2-3 mechanic, your 1 is likely going to be the same 1 or 2 abilities each time. But 2 and 3 differ based on rotation and situation in addition to normal tanks things such as taunt, guards waps, challenges, etc. This takes practice to always be in the 1-2-3 that you need to be at the right time to pull out the correct ability.

Chosen is apply 3 auras and forget about the system. You only change the auras based on your team composition and mastery tree. With no mechanic, you are free to use your abilities at will. Higher end groups will expect a chosen to have more situational awareness than other tanks due to the lack of a mechanic to deal with.

As such, Raga's list IB > Mara > BO > Chosen is about correct in overall difficulty to play/master.

Eathisword

Post#5 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:32 am

braxkedren wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 am

Thanks for the info.

I figured the Mara would have been least forgiving due to the mutates and needing to know what to use when. Interesting you have the IB higher. I probably need more into the class to get an idea of the mechanics it will be using.

I also thought the Chosen would have been close to the Mara due to Aura usage. Although the tooltip says only one aura at a time but currently have 2 running at the same time.

Was also wondering about the Black Orc. The ability builders seems like a nice mechanic currently. Mainly wondered if it got more complex later on with what it uses.

Just mainly looking for something I can jump into and take to rank and grind RR and learn it but not looking to pick up the most complex class on my first go around.
The simplest class in your list is Chosen. The thing is : simplest to play (or if you want, needing less use of specific abilities to perform well) doesn't mean less responsibilities during a fight.

IB is considered the hardest because to attain full potential, you need to be very good at micro managing a lot of keybinds inside a very precise mechanic. For example, you don't want to buff your Oath Friend crit before using your armor debuff on target cause if you do so, you lose''ll be short on mechanic points (grudges) and you'll lose 300 points of value on your armor debuff... Its many little stuff like that. So not only do you have a lot of ability, you also got to time a ton of things right.

While chosen, you can probably go by with managing 10-15 anilities and aura are static buffs and debuffs. You put on when you log on and your are set. BO and mara are somewhat in between.

Funny thing is : in terms of raw power in any given fight, Chosen, BO and Mara are all more useful in more situations than IB. Just a side note :p

Tldr : Raga is correct.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

braxkedren

Post#6 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:17 am

This is the info I was looking for. Very much appreciated for everything from everyone. See you all on the battlefields
Otik- Ironbreaker

Complete Noob

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:53 am

if u play in warbands as a tank u can make one mistake dat may fuuck up everyone, as a mara u can make mistakes and nufin 'appens u just keep on choppin
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86