Recent Topics

Ads

Not a whine but question

Let's talk about... everything else
bichka

Not a whine but question

Post#1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:04 am

This seems to pretty much regarding WE/WH and whine for the sake of whine, telling me they lose their "place" in warbands because of weird, poorly constructed aoe is farcical.

Its a light armoured, melee stealth class, its poor as a front line heavy traffic (zerg) fighter, it doesnt buff things but it does fulfill a significant role in small scale and Orvr functions, they are capable in warbands just less so than other classes.

There is no intent to shoehorn a class into filling every role, it doesnt work and creates more problems just like the AM/Shaman mechanic.

They are not unpopular, they do their niche spec more than adequately, they will never be the best class to take in zerg on zerg, such is life, not everyone gets picked first.
i am agree with this, but have one question - why best gear for WE/WH is from RVR if they are worst class for it?
Swap it with lolsets from scenarios. 200+ armor bonus for paper armor? seriously? WL still debuff it near to 0.
Defensive WE/WH is a joke. Sets for scenario currency is pretend to be a defensive. Since there no absorbs like on live, all this -crit stats in set pieces is kinda joke.
Why even trying to make such sets? Our job is pure offensive.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Not a whine but question

Post#2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:33 am

Only in rvr you can roam and gank properly with wh/we. There is nothing wrong with getting best set from rvr.
Dying is no option.

carlos

Post#3 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:33 am Only in rvr you can roam and gank properly with wh/we. There is nothing wrong with getting best set from rvr.
I agree with this and also, im always welcome in WB's with my WH.
Personally, i love the role to "save/end lives" by giving the correct information as a scout for the WB leaders (read: mostly Cature).
Starfkr

Urdeg

Post#4 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm

To my mind this is a meme and a stigma. Witch Hunters and Witch Elves have strong uses in oRvR and its still worth having tjem in your warband in my opinion, especially if you're going to be sieging.

I'm also of the strong opinion that your class can suffer a nerf and still be playable. Thats par for the course in an MMO
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Foltestik

Post#5 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:29 pm

in proper warband there is no spot for non AOE dmg dealer, it gimps warband.
and scouting is myth.
in oRvR you need more aoe dmg then your enemy can aoe heal, WE/WH is dead slot

Nefarian78

Post#6 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Urdeg wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm Witch Hunters and Witch Elves have strong uses in oRvR and its still worth having tjem in your warband.
Each time this subject comes up, there's always someone saying that, but conveniently forget to add what those "strong uses" are

WE/WH bring nothing remarkable to a WB.

It's even forse for WHs, with BWs overpowered to the point of making every other dps class (Outside of Slayers) absolutely useless.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 pm

Urdeg wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm To my mind this is a meme and a stigma. Witch Hunters and Witch Elves have strong uses in oRvR and its still worth having tjem in your warband in my opinion, especially if you're going to be sieging.

I'm also of the strong opinion that your class can suffer a nerf and still be playable. Thats par for the course in an MMO
Yeah haha. I myself find it to be a bretty gud meme that words like this are coming from a person with Bitterstone guild tag. You have your fun roleplay warbands, but they are absurdly ineffective due to existing balance issues and class limitations. Just like how WE/WH are absurdly ineffective after these nerfs "fixing" the class.
WH/WE have no AoE left, a finisher with 10s CD doesn't mean anything when it comes to generating AoE pressure that is the role of a dps player in warband. They can gank solo players, or basically just duel each other in the lakes while the actual warbands cap BOs, ram down doors and take down keeplords and set funnels and pushes. The WE/WH as a class is a big joke, doing their own stuff on the sidelines of the actual RvR action. They are shut out of the endgame RvR content, which is Warbands taking keeps. They will have no spot in future content, that is Warbands taking Forts. And what the gonna do when we get Cities one year, gank the people trying to get to City while other classes do the actual City content?
I'm lucky I finished my Redeye ward on my WE when it still had AoE abilities. No way I'm going down the Gunbad-hole again, going through 9 hard PQs with several hundred of mobs and trying to Single target all the mobs down... Gonna wait if the class gets "unfixed" some day so the City dungeons don't have to be STgrinded on WE/WHs.

Twohandernoob

Post#8 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:25 pm

The WE/WH as a class is a big joke, doing their own stuff on the sidelines of the actual RvR action. They are shut out of the endgame RvR content, which is Warbands taking keeps. They will have no spot in future content, that is Warbands taking Forts. And what the gonna do when we get Cities one year, gank the people trying to get to City while other classes do the actual City content?
Al legit, thing is people who play them usually like doing their own stuff. Myself I get depressed in guilds, pve and warbands (Although I do like a decent 6 man).

And all this was true on live and no problems at all with yawn cities/forts. Almost without effort all the endgame items flow your way sooner or later by virtue of turning up like a participation medal.

As a suggestion however, if you can give an aoe ability to WH/WE that allows kisses/bullets to AOE proc, suddenly 1 or even 2 in the WB becomes (semi) attractive

Ads
Acidic

Post#9 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 pm
Urdeg wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm To my mind this is a meme and a stigma. Witch Hunters and Witch Elves have strong uses in oRvR and its still worth having tjem in your warband in my opinion, especially if you're going to be sieging.

Yeah haha. I myself find it to be a bretty gud meme that words like this are coming from a person with Bitterstone guild tag. You have your fun roleplay warbands, but they are absurdly ineffective due to existing balance issues and class limitations. Just like how WE/WH are absurdly ineffective after these nerfs "fixing" the class.
WH/WE have no AoE left, a finisher with 10s CD doesn't mean anything when it comes to generating AoE pressure that is the role of a dps player in warband. They can gank solo players, or basically just duel each other in the lakes while the actual warbands cap BOs, ram down doors and take down keeplords and set funnels and pushes. The WE/WH as a class is a big joke, doing their own stuff on the sidelines of the actual RvR action. They are shut out of the endgame RvR content, which is Warbands taking keeps. They will have no spot in future content, that is Warbands taking Forts. And what the gonna do when we get Cities one year, gank the people trying to get to City while other classes do the actual City content?
I'm lucky I finished my Redeye ward on my WE when it still had AoE abilities. No way I'm going down the Gunbad-hole again, going through 9 hard PQs with several hundred of mobs and trying to Single target all the mobs down... Gonna wait if the class gets "unfixed" some day so the City dungeons don't have to be STgrinded on WE/WHs.
Pretty much my thinking of the “fix”, but I am more surprised that a thread where people disagree with the direction for the class is locked with a post calling the whole thing a whine in a form that more seemed like a post of anything but what is changed to is a whine. Back to old days I suppose

facundo7777

Post#10 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:47 pm
Urdeg wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm Witch Hunters and Witch Elves have strong uses in oRvR and its still worth having tjem in your warband.
Each time this subject comes up, there's always someone saying that, but conveniently forget to add what those "strong uses" are

WE/WH bring nothing remarkable to a WB.

It's even forse for WHs, with BWs overpowered to the point of making every other dps class (Outside of Slayers) absolutely useless.
so true ;)