Recent Topics

Ads

About manners, attitude and the pimpslap you deserve

Let's talk about... everything else
madrocks
Suspended

About manners, attitude and the pimpslap you deserve

Post#1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:41 pm

I think it's time that we all calm down and learn to appreciate again.

We are all very passionate about this game, aren't we. We all invest much time in it.
At least I do, more then I should. On a test server. Ha! A human can be such an illusionist.
The RoR team does invest alot of time too, as you all know. Time spend in front of a screen certainly better spend on something else. They have to deal with an ancient code, cursing at the original devs, trying to find the right balance, facing the facts that can't be changed and your attitude. What a pain in the ass.

The text in the patchnote is supposed to express a gratitude, a reminder of the facts and a kind ask for patience to us players.
I ask everyone -that has still doubts about the intentions of the Dev team- to read the intruduction text to the patchnotes, come down to an unbiased mental state and be thankful again.

I do not believe that there is any dev bias in any way. I do not trust certain people, that's because they lack in manners. Something that can be taught in many ways. But I trust the data and the numbers at their disposal. That makes me still hope that they know what they are doing and will listen to our feedback if it is expressed properly in a worthfull way.
Yes, Order players are in the balance team. Yes, Order classes got buffed and yes we are refarming our highend gear and it is all very annoying, especially for Destruction. But it is necessary, all of it.
This is still a test phase and you all need to accept that.

We all have one goal here and that is to play this game. We play, every day, and we need to be happy about it.
Yes, even getting stomped, you need to be happy about this, as your opponent is not so pathetic anymore.
Yes, even if your class gets a nerf or a fix, you need to be happy about it, as you probably were quite overpowered.
Yes, even when the player is mentaly exausted, frustrated or disturbed... you need to be happy about the whining on the forum, show patience and learn how to convince people that what you do is right, with real respect.
Some things are inevitable, other might chage, many never will.

I joined this server after "The Drama". I don't know all the details about "The Drama". I don't care about it and so should all of you.
Personal problems between the RoR team is not your business to be honest.
What's done is done, there is no turning back. But we have the ability to forgive and forget.
I also don't know and care what it was to do pvp before I joined. Your small scale advetures and what so ever, it's still out there anyway.
What counts is now and what and how it will happen tomorrow. What counts is that we give positive and constructive feedback.
Fighting each other does not lead to anything good. We all know that, don't we.
The only fight that matters is the virtual one, Order vs Destro. Every day, all day.

So be all good guys now, stop hating and don't make me write another text wall.
Whatever is written is temporary and can be deleted if I wish to so .
If you troll me I **** you up.
Last edited by madrocks on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lutz

Ads
Martok

Re: About manners, attitude and the pimpslap you deserve

Post#2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:57 pm

The essence of your post:

madrocks wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:41 pmI think it's time that we all calm down and learn to appreciate again.

Fighting each other does not lead to anything good. We all know that, don't we.

Fair point. The intensity has decreased since "The Drama" but there is a level of snark to be found in game which, of course, serves no constructive purpose. And I am not attempting to denigrate anyone as I fell victim to it once myself. Current events just woke me up to what was really important, is all.

This game is a labor of love. We should treat it as such.
Last edited by Martok on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#3 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:47 pm

im agree with Lutz but maybe on the other hand the "community" feel like its going out of proportion when it comes to balance and change. We all have an ego here(we are human with pride) but when its about the so called "community" you gonna sometimes let your ego on side(a little) and listen the people you are suppose to work with. Sadly most ppl think that the "community" is not well'ish represented and only server a handful of ppl with their ego.

* The whole drama last summer still let a sour taste among the "community"

Im not delusional nor playing every single class in game, i just play the game since 2008 and doing more than just 6v6.
]

oaliaen

Post#4 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:08 pm

i just gave up and play order now...now is fine.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:10 pm

davispeed wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:47 pm im agree with Lutz but maybe on the other hand the "community" feel like its going out of proportion when it comes to balance and change. We all have an ego here(we are human with pride) but when its about the so called "community" you gonna sometimes let your ego on side(a little) and listen the people you are suppose to work with. Sadly most ppl think that the "community" is not well'ish represented and only server a handful of ppl with their ego.

Im not delusional nor playing every single class in game, i just play the game since 2008 and doing more than just 6v6.
Honestly, nothing personal but...:
Spoiler:
I do love the indirects. If you have the courage of your convictions, you should actually elaborate on your comments (though I would say they are founded upon nothing more than superstitious murmuring).

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#6 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:37 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:10 pm
davispeed wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:47 pm im agree with Lutz but maybe on the other hand the "community" feel like its going out of proportion when it comes to balance and change. We all have an ego here(we are human with pride) but when its about the so called "community" you gonna sometimes let your ego on side(a little) and listen the people you are suppose to work with. Sadly most ppl think that the "community" is not well'ish represented and only server a handful of ppl with their ego.

Spoiler:
I do love the indirects. If you have the courage of your convictions, you should actually elaborate on your comments (though I would say they are founded upon nothing more than superstitious murmuring).
You know as good as i know, i and the community, cant say what we really think from the bottom of our hearth when its comes to "disagree" with the staff.... YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT? so im kepping it for myself...
You really think everyone is happy here and we all live in the same nutshell?

-If i elaborate on this, the Lutz post will be(most likely) lock, you know that right?
-Its not about courage or conviction, its about not being perma ban. Those with the "courage" to speak freely have been shutdown pretty quick; You also aware of that right?
- Finally, im the one playing with the community everyday friend or not, on discord or not and with ex-staff member and i can do the difference between random trash talk and good evidence.

* If you think im just throwing false evidence on forum why dont you(and the staff) do a REAL Q&A with the "community" ?

NOW, if you want to continu this discution in PM im open.
]

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:08 am

davispeed wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:37 am

Spoiler:
You know as good as i know, i and the community, cant say what we really think from the bottom of our hearth when its comes to "disagree" with the staff.... YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT? so im kepping it for myself...

-If i elaborate on this, the Lutz post will be(most likely) lock, you know that right?
-Its not about courage or conviction, its about not being perma ban. Those with the "courage" to speak freely have been shutdown pretty quick; You also aware of that right?
- Finally, im the one playing with the community everyday friend or not, on discord or not and with ex-staff member and i can do the difference between random trash talk and good evidence.

* If you think im just throwing false evidence on forum why dont you(and the staff) do a REAL Q&A with the "community" ?

This is bullshit.

In the past 3 months we've had 40 items hit the balance boards, of which 35 of them were implemented more or less as requested. These were items that came from "the community", not internally generated. The reason YOU are not involved in any balance discussions is probably because your attitude and probably your ideas clash so badly with the concept of balance, no one wants to talk to you.

Don't take your own exclusion from any kind of balance discussion to be the exclusion of everyone else. Take it as a chance to reflect on yourself.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Zaxxond

Post#8 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:27 am

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:08 am

Spoiler:

This is bullshit.

In the past 3 months we've had 40 items hit the balance boards, of which 35 of them were implemented more or less as requested. These were items that came from "the community", not internally generated. The reason YOU are not involved in any balance discussions is probably because your attitude and probably your ideas clash so badly with the concept of balance, no one wants to talk to you.

Don't take your own exclusion from any kind of balance discussion to be the exclusion of everyone else. Take it as a chance to reflect on yourself.
Seems like my 2 suggestions out of the 12.5% that were declined(35/40) equals 40% of declined suggestions. Order still needs a strong melee BW. And the server needs xrealm say brought back.

Also Zealot M1 needs the nerf bat.

Highest regards,

Zaxxy

Ads
davispeed
Game Artist

Post#9 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:41 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:08 am

Spoiler:

This is bullshit.

lol... I nerver asked to be on the balance discussion.... Who's excluding who here!?!

*Side note: Balance mean 50\50 on each side(for further reference) !

** Back on Lutz post.
]

madrocks
Suspended

Post#10 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:46 am

davispeed wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:41 am
** Back on Lutz post.
Exactly!

Lutz