Recent Topics

Ads

About bags, medals and general RVR

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: About bags, medals and general RVR

Post#31 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:54 am

IMO rewards on player kills should never be reduced.
According to AAO bonus you should remove all additional bonus like defense ticks, keep rp bonus or zone lock currency bonus.
But not at such low aao rates like 100%, often you can't even successfully take keep with less aao for enemy.
Dying is no option.

Ads
spikespiegel84

Post#32 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Boosting renown gains for kills in the keep grounds and on BOs could be a solution? Would it bring back some bloodthirst? Give a substantial motivation and reward for bleeding on the battlefields. I agree that keep lords are just a loss of time. And when it's pure blob, I personally give up and go for scs. Sorry to agree with OP, but the fun is fading.

Xtaziz

Post#33 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:04 pm

To be honest I think that the malus is doing great, I see that AAO in destro is way lower than before which makes even fights.

I mostly solo on my WE and it's really sad to see people just AFK at flags for a little renown instead of fighting others, I think that's the main problem of the game. I don't care if people respect soloers or not, "if it's red is dead" is what we learnt in DAoC... But people have to look around for fights!

Also, the personal loot after a zone locks is great IMO... also getting a bonus roll when you don't get any bag is such an amazing solution. Yesterday I spent in T3 elf around 6 hours and got no bag, but at least I got some bonus roll in there! Sometimes order had small AAO which made my renown gain be low...I had great fights anyways so I was happy! So yeah, people mentality about drops, loot and RR needs to change... Have fun in the game killing others around, taking objectives that help your realm, look for challenging fights instead of steamrolling the other side.

People also has this sad mentality in SC, if you get rolled on the first push they just afk until it ends... wheres the fun in that? Again, they just think in RR and loot, not in having actual fun

I came back to the game around 3 weeks ago and when I saw that order was overpopulated I just decided to level a destro to enjoy having more enemies to kill... Maybe do that and if you see that you are playing the overpopulated, swap to the other realm and enjoy the "arpees" instead of swaping from your AAO side to the zerg side just for quick and easy RR/bags...

So yeah, keep the malus, tweak it a bit to not be so harsh and we have a great system! Change your mentality guys, if you want to zerg, go run in a blob in GuildWars, if you care about gear, go play WoW... if you are here is to fight other humans, sufer, conquer your frustation and hit back to win!

Sorry for such a long post, also had to let it out.
Akuraz|Kimochiii
www.twitch.tv/XTAZIZ

anarchypark

Post#34 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Akame wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:39 am
anarchypark wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:59 am there are better ways to spend our time than discussing what's proper pvp.
it's personal taste i guess.
What is pvp is not personal taste. It's player vs player. Not player vs NPC or player vs door.

Atm. it's almost like live was in some periods, PVE bo's, PVE lord, PVE zones. Except now I only get renown if I blob with rest of order zerg :D no incentive to solo roam or small scale.

yes and pvp requires brain.
especially when there are 80 vs 80 pvp.
using terrain is simplest.
and then comes decoy, prediction.
which requires bluffing, tricks, mind game.
which don't give direct rp reward.
those are critical values when you fight against AAO.

not sure what so called pvpers refer it.
would you tell me?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Nidwin

Post#35 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:07 pm

2 days ago Lutz in Elf and Elva + Sol in Ostland.
Order zerged Elf before coming to wipe us in Ostland.
We tried again and you didn't split up, again.

Yesterday in Praag
100 destro vs 140 order and bunch of anos. (we had 40 aao)
You folks were not only all packed but stayed packed on MS and I'm not talking about a regroup lasting 5-8 minutes.

It's clear that the malus isn't it and clearly not working as expected. But I take this and order tears over BT sitting packed on a rock sniping the poor fella destros left, on the keep walls, while we, destros, had 260-300+ aao. Lesti, holier than the pope, read my lips, may be not.

See you in the lakes, may be not, not my problem, yours "les affreux".
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

sonataa

Post#36 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:15 pm

IMO there should be a better reward for losing side if it fight back like it should, order already gets extra renown killing lord, so give destro more reward for defending, right now order is getting alot more equiped and the gape between both factions is getting larger

Nidwin

Post#37 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:22 pm

sonataa wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:15 pm IMO there should be a better reward for losing side if it fight back like it should, order already gets extra renown killing lord, so give destro more reward for defending, right now order is getting alot more equiped and the gape between both factions is getting larger
AAO gives already great xp and renown and we get plenty of bags. We are fine rewards wise.
The issue is not defending but being able to do something when the aao starts to skyrock. It's not that we don't want to but often just can't.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#38 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm

Foltestik wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:48 am i absolutly agree with volgo.
just look at top renown players and you will see how hard is to get renown (most of them are zerg surfing players)
Im sorry dude but that is total bullshit and you know it. If thats what you think then you are very out of touch.

That said, thank you devs! This was a much needed change and i hope you can alll see through some of the crap thats being said here.

Sorry volgo youre a great dude but i whole heartedly disagree.

Onemantankwall hit the nail on the head. Read his post as I had the same experience as him. This system works and if youre faction is over populated in a zone then too bad kiddo. Go to a diff zone and deal with it... or the devs can simply put in realm locks...

Also enough with this "penalized" stuff. Its a game people get.... over.... it.

Ads
Haskr

Post#39 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:23 pm

If you don't enjoy it don't do it.

(For this answer I channeled my inner Hargrim)

But jokes aside: I agree to everything you said Volgograd, wonder wo decided to make the aao decision, patch notes used to contain a who-implemented-what thingy, thats also gone I see, after the azarael debacle the mood was like "eeeehhh we gonna change! my dudes, look at this maps and images of our new organizational structure yada yada yada ... and now its just the same shitshow it always was :lol:

All that is left for them is to dish out warnings in the forums for opinions they don't like.

RoR-Team in a nutshell:

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Haskr on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ragafury

Post#40 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm

Eathisword wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:04 pm
When Gunbad is more exciting than RvR... something is wrong in the WAR (no offense to Grunbag and the PvE staff).
End of rant, had to get it out of me.

sad but true, "biggest challenges" past few months was getting wards sorted and equipping 2 guild warbands with PQ22 gear, while also reuniting under one banner after a break. (and guess why we did a break, no content, RvR 2dull4anRvRguild; ppl haven't shown up anymore)

DanielWinner wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:11 am

And, please, no more +1 posts - we have a rule regarding it (so moderation may happen). Try to support your opinion otherwise you won’t be heard most likely.

sad everything 2 days after the doomsday patch in the corosponding thread in fall 2017.
opinion hasn't changed, BOs are still trash and don't work in zergsplitting nor delivering a dynamic experience or anything.

they are just afk hubs in the lake.

I ofc can also requote the same mantras I already wrote down.

anarchypark wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:59 am rvr is more than pvp.
objective priority gives spice in rvr.
what objective priority?
you need to simply sit on multiple BOs, the realm with a lot of numbers can achieve that by basically beeing more.
with the timer system you could simply outmaneuver.
and the timers give you instruction what IS in fact priority.

every premade, warband or smallscale, doesn't give a crap about the BOs.
if it's colored different, you do a drive by, farm it, move off.
if you are playing smallscale, it's very likely you don't even tap it, so you don't ring the "zerg me daddy pls" bell.

when the keep rr tick was low, we also stopped bothering with sieging and simply called it.

Renown Rank description ingame if you mouseover your bar:
You gain Renown points for killing enemy players in combat.

NOT for enjoying your belgish waffle with whipped cream and a hot choclate on a BO.

ajnin420 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm

Im sorry dude but that is total bullshit and you know it. If thats what you think that you are very out of touch.

That said, thank you devs! This was a much needed change and i hope you call see through all this crap thats being said here. Sorry volgo youre a great dude but i whole heartedly disagree.

Onemantankwall hit the nail on the head. Read his post as I had the same experience as him. This system works and if youre faction is over populated in a zone then too bad kiddo. Go to a diff zone and deal with it... or the devs can simply put in realm locks...

Also enough with this "penalized" stuff. Its a game people get.... over.... it.

so and what shall I do as a player in the offzone?
fighting and chasing ghosts?
doing PvDoor for no rewards?
AFK on a BO till I get a "slot" for RvR?

ppl just logout. makes no sense at all.

could also add a message "the realm is full ; your number is 57, enjoy the queue".

there is no difference between a pseudo and a defacto logout.
or you don't bother and play with decreased rewards permanently and a decrease reward at the end. (which is the realitiy)

and the lootsystem?
while it's comfortable, players just stopped caring and logout if they see no chance.
bags in mail, see ya tomorrow! should only be that way if you contributed hella lot, and not a little bit.
20 zonelocks is the average for full vanq. compare that to SC grind.

wait till everybody is geared and than check if player numbers are declining while not delivering content for a year like last time. I bet it will result in the same situation.

all premade guilds are basically gone in the phase of lag, no content and RvR that's as interesting as watching grass grow.
and tbf. it's more than reasonable, because I can just play unorganized and do as well in RvR as a premade, because kills don't matter, charging dice and waiting for mail does.

while ppl only know me from my BO and the warbands, I solo quite a lot and play smallscale if I get a grp.
IB, SM, BG, WH, Mara and now SH.
There are no good 1v1 fights left.

sometimes you are lucky and find a 1-3 good smallscale fights in the zone for a whole eve.

wb v wb fights are non existent.

all that's left is zerging.

game is fine.
salt unloaded.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---