Recent Topics

Ads

End-game competitive reason to play?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ninepaces

End-game competitive reason to play?

Post#1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:32 am

I'm looking for motivation to log in and play but besides racing for RR ranks forever (which in itself is impossible to win if you have a busy life) it feels like there is nothing to do once you hit a certain point with your characters. Is there something in the works to help end game pvp? Maybe a scenario mmr ladder or something along those lines? Its important to have goals. Quite frankly if all the goals are pve based like acquiring gear from running dungeons than I may as well play one of the many other pve mmo games out there.

Thanks,

Ads
xoonerfree
Suspended

Re: End-game competitive reason to play?

Post#2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:47 am

Ninepaces wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:32 am I'm looking for motivation to log in and play but besides racing for RR ranks forever (which in itself is impossible to win if you have a busy life) it feels like there is nothing to do once you hit a certain point with your characters. Is there something in the works to help end game pvp? Maybe a scenario mmr ladder or something along those lines? Its important to have goals. Quite frankly if all the goals are pve based like acquiring gear from running dungeons than I may as well play one of the many other pve mmo games out there.

Thanks,
It's a grind progression game.

You grind rvr/pvp gear. You grind pve gear. You grind rr levels.

They just added new gear (vanq/oppressor/sentinel) to grind and a new dungeon. Things are pretty good atm goal wise. Maybe in 6-12 months after you've gotten all the new gear you'll be bored. I don't think the game is changing from a grind progression game. Best of luck and play a toon you enjoy.

Ninepaces

Post#3 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:08 am

Its actually a rvr game first and foremost. The gear is a means to an end, not the end itself. Hence my original question. Grinding for gear is not a goal.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:30 am

Ninepaces wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:32 am I'm looking for motivation to log in and play but besides racing for RR ranks forever (which in itself is impossible to win if you have a busy life) it feels like there is nothing to do once you hit a certain point with your characters. Is there something in the works to help end game pvp? Maybe a scenario mmr ladder or something along those lines? Its important to have goals. Quite frankly if all the goals are pve based like acquiring gear from running dungeons than I may as well play one of the many other pve mmo games out there.

Thanks,
Yes, there is something in the works.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

anarchypark

Post#5 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:39 am

is fighting against AAO not competitive?
or managing K/D raito is only competition?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

spikespiegel84

Post#6 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:52 am

Endgame is having a maxed character. With your maxed character you will try to bathe in n00bz' tears and wear the grudge of your enemies like a crown.
Then you will park your toon until next update and raise another through the same ordeal you just went through.

It's like having a girlfriend.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#7 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:15 am

spikespiegel84 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:52 am Endgame is having a maxed character. With your maxed character you will try to bathe in n00bz' tears and wear the grudge of your enemies like a crown.
Then you will park your toon until next update and raise another through the same ordeal you just went through.

It's like having a girlfriend.
God damn I am saving this.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:08 am

just play for the joy of playing.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
Xtaziz

Post#9 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 am

What was the reason to play in DAoC too? Enjoy de essence of pve, of killing others just for the joy of it, yeah you get armor/abilities along the way to make it easier. Make a name, make everybody fear you! :P
Akuraz|Kimochiii
www.twitch.tv/XTAZIZ

WExWH

Post#10 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:08 am

once rr80, starts again at 0 :D