Recent Topics

Ads

Bolstering looks stupid now

Let's talk about... everything else
Nidwin

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#21 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 am

Yaliskah wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 am
WExWH wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:51 am player who knows how the bolster work will be powerful but for people who don't know how the bolster work like new player they will feel useless. nothing new :roll:
So you mean 90% of complains in general are a lack of information/tutorials? Sadly we have no time to focus on this. Can some player make some please ?
There's no need for this kind of tutorials and information isn't hard to get by.

The real issue here is "delusional thinking" and some players giving into it. The constructed reality in someone's brain isn't necessarily a reflection of reality itself.
Wam writing that for him/her the game starts at level 40 doesn't mean that the game truly starts at level 40. But as Wam could come over as a person of authority for reason x,y,z it may have an influence on some or many players how they'll perceive the game and it's mechanic through their own constructed delusional thinking.

Till someone comes with a proper set of data that we can properly analyse, showing us the op-ness of the bolster or the fact it's not working properly/helping level 16-31 toons in T2+. These kind of posts are simply irrelevant.
And my grandpa's brother in law sister's son who's a pro in Grand Turismo, even won prizes, told my best friend's sister whom explained to my uncle's nephew how much the bolster in RoR sucks is not a proper set of data.
Wam claiming hard and loud on Wam's good faith that the only option for order is BW bomb squad is NOT, I repeat, is NOT a proper set of data.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
mikke

Post#22 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am

WExWH wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:51 am player who knows how the bolster work will be powerful but for people who don't know how the bolster work like new player they will feel useless. nothing new :roll:
This. And killing such player should be rewarded well.

WExWH

Post#23 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 am

the problem comes from the players, complaining is the only thing they can do and even if they understand, they will cry about something else because in the 90% of complains in general about bolster if 30% comes from new players the rest it's a veteran players with many char lvl 40 :|

Collateral

Post#24 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 am

Noiree wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 am
Dammy095 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:12 am
DanielWinner wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 am You want to whine cause some WH/WE cucked you in lakes? Or it was Shammy/AM?
thats not how community managers should talk to community
Why? The OP came in hot with no real arguments. Whine gets answered with cheese. This is not facebook. Want proper answers write proper posts.

Original post:
"Bolstering looks stupid now

Sometimes bolstered low lvl is harder to fight than some high lvl good geared. Bolstering gives good boosts of armor, wounds etc. But what get high lvl toon as reward for the victory? Nothing, 20 r. It is realy stupid."

Let's rewrite that initial post...

"Is bolstering too OP for some?

There are situations in RVR where fighting a low ranked player in the lakes is harder than fighting a lvl 40 player. The effects of bolstering seem to be too strong for some individuals who use their gold from their main to buy the highest gear possible in that level range, leading to overpowered toons. Don't get me wrong, I think bolstering is needed for most low ranked players, especially the new ones but sometimes it seems that a few players gamble or straight up abuse the system for easy kills.
Is there a way to maybe cap stats at certain levels? "
Firstly yes that's not how community 'managers' should address people. If you get baited by troll posts it's your problem, but OP isn't trolling here and there's no need for such 'managing'. Second, you missed the OPs point. He's not concerned about the opness of bolster, rather that killing bolstered players gives no worth while reward. If they kill you they get what, a couple thousand rp? And if you kill them you get nowhere near that amount (I'm not trying to argue anything here, just 'translating' what I think OP meant). So while OP didn't express his perceived issue well, you can read between the lines if you really want to try, and not just accuse people of whine whenever they seem to complain about something or are concerned about something.

Wam

Post#25 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:52 am

Nidwin wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 am
Yaliskah wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 am
So you mean 90% of complains in general are a lack of information/tutorials? Sadly we have no time to focus on this. Can some player make some please ?
There's no need for this kind of tutorials and information isn't hard to get by.

The real issue here is "delusional thinking" and some players giving into it. The constructed reality in someone's brain isn't necessarily a reflection of reality itself.
Wam writing that for him/her the game starts at level 40 doesn't mean that the game truly starts at level 40. But as Wam could come over as a person of authority for reason x,y,z it may have an influence on some or many players how they'll perceive the game and it's mechanic through their own constructed delusional thinking.

Till someone comes with a proper set of data that we can properly analyse, showing us the op-ness of the bolster or the fact it's not working properly/helping level 16-31 toons in T2+. These kind of posts are simply irrelevant.
And my grandpa's brother in law sister's son who's a pro in Grand Turismo, even won prizes, told my best friend's sister whom explained to my uncle's nephew how much the bolster in RoR sucks is not a proper set of data.
Wam claiming hard and loud on Wam's good faith that the only option for order is BW bomb squad is NOT, I repeat, is NOT a proper set of data.
Not delusional thinking, just based on experience mate, everything pre 40 is the minor leagues (in my opinion, you spend alot more time 40+ than you do -40) im affraid (gold bags you win pre rr 41 are junk long term). Guild warband is 40+, like i said for me and my guild that is where the real fun starts, Playing together as a team. Yes you can play together pre 40 as a team but its not the same and have already done that enough in the earlier days of ROR :) plus Im not original poster in that :P Its not hard if desired to make twink accounts and run warband on both side t1 then yeah could show the minor leagues whats up, but its not worth the effort i let them have fun in peace.

Most of the useful gear you acquire is lvl 35-40 (for starter in t4) and soon replaced. So really when your character is progressing what do you keep from pre lvl 40, not much to be honest... gunbad & city = 40+ also so that backs up my statement of when the game begins is 40+, pre 40 is just the leveling grind mate. Soon Forts and Bastion stairs will be added and guess what that is 40+ contet, and after that Cities and Lost Vale or more and guess what, that is 40+ content... please tell me I am wrong.

If you want to say there are other options, then make a guide and show me the other options not just say there is other options without a proper counter argument backed up from experience fighting with such things in the field and not just theorycraft devil's advocate and please do not include white lions or shadow warriors or i can't take you seriously... seems like you have a problem with me, I wrote a guide for order because they was getting rolled hard and demoralized due to destro pressure (we helped even relieve some pressure)... because they dont utilize/play to their strengths. You have no idea my thought process or behind the scenes advice I give too both realms, and its not just "bomb squad" only advice...

Order zerg all day, then when it comes to prime time and they face organised forces (nrm/pnp and tup /ocara/lutz/gdy etc) if the numbers are equal, order loses, they log off... it becomes boring zzzzz, I give advice so we DONT HAVE TO SWITCH to order to help them out, I give advice so its more competitive and challenge and thus more fun, better fights all around... and order doesn't always log off early which kills the action. We don't always have to switch, and order doesn't really deserve us to switch if they constantly just zerg all day and then when primetime starts to go away when there is resistance and not fight at all as that gets tedious also. Order need to help themselves, and not lose so much population everytime they have one failed keep attack / disband... that's too fragile psychology and defeatist.

I get why they gear up from pvdoor, as its the most efficent way, because the harder you play and the more kills you get the less reward you will have, the more zones you lock the better chance of getting a reward... but why bother gearing up if when big action comes around you simply just don't fight as hard as you can.

Even if you did write a guide for this debolster and in general, i think the more correct guides the better most the people who actually need it, won't read it... they will ask in advice channel and maybe they get a decent response, sometimes they will get trolled with misinformation. But in a ideal world there would be a collection of guides, from crafting, to leveling, to specific classes in different roles (from solo, 6 man, small scale, large scale)... so new players can make a more informed decision on the journey they pick...(almost like a tutorial of info, and i know some will scoff at such things its old school mmo we dont hand hold... but if it helps new blood transition and find the class that fits them easier that is good for server pop)

but the time to make such guides can take alot of effort/energy so i understand, I recently wrote a guide for my guild with 80 screenshots for gunbad (almost literally every step of way ha) so I know how it is :twisted: :lol:

As for bolstering... I think its good, lowbie's wont stay lowbies for ever... so they can't indefinately take advantage of such things (if you could twink and turn off xp then yeah maybe that would be a issue that could be abused but you can't so its no big deal) it's just a slight boost to give them a chance, more and more gear is added (Dev's keep the power curve down on this though) and you have higher RR, so the gap between a lowbie being bolstered and higher level isn't widening much at all. Just remember lowbies have less access to tactics/mastery points and crit before you think they are op, in right hands and stacking sure they can be relatively strong. But as anyone ever said oh look there's a warband of bolstered players lets pull out of fight :oops:

I've seen some lvl 16 shamans harder to kill than lvl 40 shamans, I just assume the lvl 16 was doing everything he could not to die and better movement away from damage / using terrain.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

DanielWinner

Post#26 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Spoiler:
Collateral wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 am
Dammy095 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:12 am

thats not how community managers should talk to community
Why? The OP came in hot with no real arguments. Whine gets answered with cheese. This is not facebook. Want proper answers write proper posts.

Original post:

Sometimes bolstered low lvl is harder to fight than some high lvl good geared. Bolstering gives good boosts of armor, wounds etc. But what get high lvl toon as reward for the victory? Nothing, 20 r. It is realy stupid."

There are situations in RVR where fighting a low ranked player in the lakes is harder than fighting a lvl 40 player. The effects of bolstering seem to be too strong for some individuals who use their gold from their main to buy the highest gear possible in that level range, leading to overpowered toons. Don't get me wrong, I think bolstering is needed for most low ranked players, especially the new ones but sometimes it seems that a few players gamble or straight up abuse the system for easy kills.
Firstly yes that's not how community 'managers' should address people. If you get baited by troll posts it's your problem, but OP isn't trolling here and there's no need for such 'managing'. Second, you missed the OPs point. He's not concerned about the opness of bolster, rather that killing bolstered players gives no worth while reward. If they kill you they get what, a couple thousand rp? And if you kill them you get nowhere near that amount (I'm not trying to argue anything here, just 'translating' what I think OP meant). So while OP didn't express his perceived issue well, you can read between the lines if you really want to try, and not just accuse people of whine whenever they seem to complain about something or are concerned about something.
Don’t try to fight for social justice here. Just for an experiment, try to tell Torquemada or Wargrimnir what they should do. If I tolerate all the whine, troll, guild wars threads, it doesn’t mean that I can’t shot whole forum activity which doesn’t help devs to gather useful feedback or promote the server. Don’t try to poke your CM, he isn’t your slave. These consumer habits are getting annoying sometimes. I do apologize for hurting your feelings though.

I listed OP several options because initial post doesn’t show anything than “it’s hard for ME to fight lowbies and I want MORE renown for killing them”. No screens, no calculations, no any other evidences – just personal vision especially when we have the thread about “How hard it is to play a lowbie” still active. Also I mentioned that sensitive part about gankers because I’ve seen several low level WEs ganking people while using exp reduction scrolls which clearly illustrates that they know how to use the bolster properly. So one of these players might have made OP some trouble.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Nidwin

Post#27 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Wam,
I've no "problem" with you but your experiences and opinions are subjective and may not reflect reality. I see your points and I'm sure you don't have any bad or ill intentions but this doesn't mean that I'm going to agree with you.

You are making very specific claims without backing them up with anything except having to take your word for it. And it works, I'm sure, but not with me.

Your words, not mine.
1. TUP going to play order for reason x,y,z
2. BW bomb is the way to go on order, nothing else up to 8 BW wb's (your own guide for order)
3. Yes, I know how to counter it but not going to say how. (Your words)
4. TUP mains destro and we hope to play destro full time again very soonish.

And as I wrote above, no bad or ill intentions on your side, but be a bit more careful in the future. Just a little advice.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#28 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:58 pm

I learned in RoR that no matter how obvious you are and what you say, you will always be wrong until one day change things to what you once said.

Ads
Collateral

Post#29 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:05 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 pm
Spoiler:
Collateral wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 am

Original post:

Don’t try to fight for social justice here. Just for an experiment, try to tell Torquemada or Wargrimnir what they should do. If I tolerate all the whine, troll, guild wars threads, it doesn’t mean that I can’t shot whole forum activity which doesn’t help devs to gather useful feedback or promote the server. Don’t try to poke your CM, he isn’t your slave. These consumer habits are getting annoying sometimes. I do apologize for hurting your feelings though.

I listed OP several options because initial post doesn’t show anything than “it’s hard for ME to fight lowbies and I want MORE renown for killing them”. No screens, no calculations, no any other evidences – just personal vision especially when we have the thread about “How hard it is to play a lowbie” still active. Also I mentioned that sensitive part about gankers because I’ve seen several low level WEs ganking people while using exp reduction scrolls which clearly illustrates that they know how to use the bolster properly. So one of these players might have made OP some trouble.
Spoiler:
Yes you did give options to clarify the issue and op still didn't express clearly what he thinks. It was just the last part that was a bit unnecessary. I'm not fighting for social justice it has nothing to do with that hah. And I don't need to tell anything to torque or war cuz I know how they would react, so I try to keep my interaction with them on the minimal, or non existent. I'm just hoping CMs don't go into that direction of managing the community that's all. Also not saying that it's 'omg super bad toxic staff bla bla', but when we reflect on the past I think no one wants to go back there. Anyway it's not important, your forums your game.

You can't hurt my feelings with posting things on the internet, that's an old and boring meme. That comment was also snark and unnecessary you see. If it seemed I was offended or something, I assure you I wasn't. And if I came across as assaulting you personally I'm sorry. I'm trying to show what people might find a bit lackluster from staff comments, and stuff that's not going to encourage player/staff interaction. You can't exactly express yourself on the internet how you would irl. So comments can look a bit different than how you wanted it to look in reality, which can cause some unwanted reactions. Of course this goes both ways, but you can't change others, you can only try to change yourself. We can debate this all we want, it's too off topic and I think no one has time for it anyway.

Of course the job is exhausting with people posting threads while they don't understand how certain mechanics work or whatever it is. And certainly the 'users' are not golden, far from it. But I believe in 'treat others how you want to be treated'. People can interpret that in different ways I guess.

Peace.

Nidwin

Post#30 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:39 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 pm Also I mentioned that sensitive part about gankers because I’ve seen several low level WEs ganking people while using exp reduction scrolls which clearly illustrates that they know how to use the bolster properly. So one of these players might have made OP some trouble.
Human stupidity will never stop to surprise me. :o
May be Xcz can take personaly care of those ones, with my blessing.