Recent Topics

Ads

Bolstering looks stupid now

Let's talk about... everything else
WExWH

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#11 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 am

DanielWinner wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 am So what’s the issue?
mikke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:03 am But what get high lvl toon as reward for the victory? Nothing, 20 r. It is realy stupid.
this :D

Ads
Dammy095

Post#12 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:12 am

DanielWinner wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 am You want to whine cause some WH/WE cucked you in lakes? Or it was Shammy/AM?
thats not how community managers should talk to community

Nidwin

Post#13 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 am

Glorian wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:53 am Strange, usually people post that Bolstering is helping them none at all and they want to have a seperate T2-T3 Tier. :D
Go figure Glorian. :lol:

I'm although not one of those ones and I'm actually enjoying my little new cute bolstered bee in the T2+ lakes.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Noiree

Post#14 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 am

Dammy095 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:12 am
DanielWinner wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 am You want to whine cause some WH/WE cucked you in lakes? Or it was Shammy/AM?
thats not how community managers should talk to community
Why? The OP came in hot with no real arguments. Whine gets answered with cheese. This is not facebook. Want proper answers write proper posts.

Original post:
"Bolstering looks stupid now

Sometimes bolstered low lvl is harder to fight than some high lvl good geared. Bolstering gives good boosts of armor, wounds etc. But what get high lvl toon as reward for the victory? Nothing, 20 r. It is realy stupid."

Let's rewrite that initial post...

"Is bolstering too OP for some?

There are situations in RVR where fighting a low ranked player in the lakes is harder than fighting a lvl 40 player. The effects of bolstering seem to be too strong for some individuals who use their gold from their main to buy the highest gear possible in that level range, leading to overpowered toons. Don't get me wrong, I think bolstering is needed for most low ranked players, especially the new ones but sometimes it seems that a few players gamble or straight up abuse the system for easy kills.
Is there a way to maybe cap stats at certain levels? "
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Hargrim
Developer

Post#15 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:35 am

You would think respect is two-way street...

Nidwin

Post#16 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:39 am

mikke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:03 am Sometimes bolstered low lvl is harder to fight than some high lvl good geared.
Those harder to fight ones are experienced players who know the drill. They clearly are going to be often harder to fight than lvl 40 newbies.
Knowledge > level/good gear
mikke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:03 am Bolstering gives good boosts of armor, wounds etc.
Yes, if you keep your stuff up to date + talis on the way up. There's a good reason why a lvl 13 Sorc (NRM) and a level 14 WE went to farm the havoc set in Ostland hard PQ. And I doubt that Sorc was actually twinking for T1, I know it wasn't the case for the WE of course.
mikke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:03 am But what get high lvl toon as reward for the victory? Nothing, 20 r. It is realy stupid.
And what does the low level one gets for being stomped, jumped on or farmed by high level toons?

Are we dealing with the Kalvix paradigm here or what?
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#17 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:42 am

I'm sorry, i'm gonna troll a bit, but reading a bolstered character is effective in t2+ trouble me a bit. 5 mins ago i was reading this : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29525&hilit=EXP

The OP says, "real fun starts when 40/40".

How, we, team, are we supposed to bring serious/correct answer/fix to players concerns when PoV are completely opposed in players experiences? Where is truth ?

One tell me his bolstered characters is to weak and complain it is too long to be competitive to play, anther tell me bolstered players are too powerfull... One of them is wrong, but which one ?

Not really the OP subject, but i would like you notice an underlying problem, who will create 150 pages of i agree/i disagree the OP.

WExWH

Post#18 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:51 am

player who knows how the bolster work will be powerful but for people who don't know how the bolster work like new player they will feel useless. nothing new :roll:

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#19 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 am

WExWH wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:51 am player who knows how the bolster work will be powerful but for people who don't know how the bolster work like new player they will feel useless. nothing new :roll:
So you mean 90% of complains in general are a lack of information/tutorials? Sadly we have no time to focus on this. Can some player make some please ?

anarchypark

Post#20 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 am

finally t2 players using bolster effects to max capacity.
it's good news, only took... a year maybe?
i wanna see t4 pugs get rekt by lvl 20 premade.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)