Recent Topics

Ads

Solo leveling advice

Let's talk about... everything else
pithlet

Solo leveling advice

Post#1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:07 am

I just downloaded the game. Haven't played it since it was active so many years ago, and I forgot how much I loved it. I tried leveling a brightwizard solo, since I rarely ever saw any other people questing, and it felt like it was more difficult than it should have been. Could only pull 1 target at a time, and after 2-3 pulls I had to sit back for like 20-30 seconds for my health to regen. Couldn't do most public quests by myself because of how squishy I am. So, I wanted to try another track.

Would it be easier to level a tank/healer, assuming that I'll be playing solo most of the time until max level, and if so, which of the 2 roles would be best for a first lvl 40 character? I don't mind either destruction or order.

Ads
anarchypark

Re: Solo leveling advice

Post#2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:25 am

quest gives double xp.
sc and rvr helps too.
logout at the city, It gives rest bonus.

it takes time but doable as solo.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Mcz

Post#3 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:27 am

Go to nordland and join t1 oRvr or queue for scenarios. U will lvl fast while having fun and u lvl your renown gain too. Once lvl 16 u can do t4 oRvr. U will get bolstered to lvl 48 I think.
This game was never about solo play or pve.

Whish the xp and renown gain untill lvl 40 /40 was allot faster tho...think most people played this game before and so no need for days of lvling to learn your char

zak68

Post#4 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:42 am

try to sqeeze the most from t1 rvr; at level 16 you should be around renown rank 25 if not higher.

szejoza

Post#5 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:51 am

Reading comprehension here is superb

Answering OP question - yes, other classes will have easier time leveling, most can solo easy public quests as well, from my experience the hardest leveling was early on with SW and BW, with tanks you can usually do some bigger pulls, some healing classes can go for aoe as well (RP for example) or just go 1by1 killing with no uptime due to self heals, melee dps tend to have higher armor/parry than ranged dps so they also have less uptime between kills

Engi/Magus - two classes might be troublesome at start but once you get some levels they start to be ultimate AoE grinders

that severe generalization up here, ofc a lot depends on gear/build etc. so it's impossible to nail everything down in short post
Spoiler:

pithlet

Post#6 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:22 am

made a shaman. lemme just say, questing is 10000% easier/more fun. love it. gonna stick with shaman all the way to 40.

thank you everyone for quick replies, love the community here.