Recent Topics

Ads

Life after RR 80...

Let's talk about... everything else
Skullgrin

Life after RR 80...

Post#1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Hey all, I was playing around on the Armory earlier and worked up a little chart that I thought others might find interesting. It is a count of all the players who have passed RR 80, broken down by race and class. Thought it might be interesting to some, so here you go!

A few things that I noticed -
1. Tanks seem to be the hardest to level up, with Ironbreakers being the most difficult.
2. Elves (both Dark and High) seem to be slightly over represented on the server, wonder if thats true of the total population...
3. Healers have it easy. :P

Don't know if this is too much use statistically with only 240 people above RR 80, but it is interesting to note that overall population breaks down almost exactly 50/50 for Order and Destro. Kinda invalidates all the arguments that one side outnumbers the other.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Re: Life after RR 80...

Post#2 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Well, it is no secret that healer getting RP/XP for healing, also should tanks getting RP/XP for becomming damage and Dps for dealing damage.

Zaxxond

Post#3 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:00 pm Kinda invalidates all the arguments that one side outnumbers the other.
It proves Destro has forum warriors number advantage. Bring back XREALM SAY.

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Zaxxond wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:34 pm
Skullgrin wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:00 pm Kinda invalidates all the arguments that one side outnumbers the other.
It proves Destro has forum warriors number advantage. Bring back XREALM SAY.
HEAR, HEAR! :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88

Eathisword

Post#5 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Ib isn't hard. Its getting boring. One of the only tank (if not class) to receive basically no change in gameplay at all in 10 years. Only difference from live is Stubborn as Stone giving AA haste of melee magic damage and that's been on RoR for like 3 years and it doesn'T affect gameplay...

As posted by Wam like yesterday, we are mostly useless in WB and, as gear progresses, less and less powerful in groups also, since we have no oh **** button as 2H and bring very little that other tanks cant do (armor debuff !). Average damage, average punt, basically 0 debuff, only single target buffs, no morale drain, etc.

We have **** ini (sub 200 in full conq, standing tall at like 15% ctbc), so we are forced more and more to spend 45-60 renown points in rctbc / ini because dps do more and more damage. And this very limit the number of builds that work.

So yeah... It isn'T hard to level per say (the same 4-5 IB have been 75+ but sub 80 for like 1 year). It just feels less and less fun as time goes on and server progresses.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Skullgrin

Post#6 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Eathisword wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:15 pm Ib isn't hard. Its getting boring. One of the only tank (if not class) to receive basically no change in gameplay at all in 10 years. Only difference from live is Stubborn as Stone giving AA haste of melee magic damage and that's been on RoR for like 3 years and it doesn'T affect gameplay...

As posted by Wam like yesterday, we are mostly useless in WB and, as gear progresses, less and less powerful in groups also, since we have no oh **** button as 2H and bring very little that other tanks cant do (armor debuff !). Average damage, average punt, basically 0 debuff, only single target buffs, no morale drain, etc.

We have **** ini (sub 200 in full conq, standing tall at like 15% ctbc), so we are forced more and more to spend 45-60 renown points in rctbc / ini because dps do more and more damage. And this very limit the number of builds that work.

So yeah... It isn'T hard to level per say (the same 4-5 IB have been 75+ but sub 80 for like 1 year). It just feels less and less fun as time goes on and server progresses.

Well, you'll just have to encourage more people to solo roam - since for some stupid reason you're perceived as being less valuable in a warband (which is not true to my mind - Ironbreakers always give me fits). :D

GAH!!! I just noticed in your signature that you are Zenteaching the Archmage!
I knew there had to be a reason I hate fighting (losing to) him so much!!!
:lol: :P :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88

Charon

Post#7 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:55 am

Spoiler:
Eathisword wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:15 pm Ib isn't hard. Its getting boring. One of the only tank (if not class) to receive basically no change in gameplay at all in 10 years. Only difference from live is Stubborn as Stone giving AA haste of melee magic damage and that's been on RoR for like 3 years and it doesn'T affect gameplay...

Fully agree, after SM changes IB seems to be worst order tank (game wise). Still decent in 1v1 3v3 situations, possibly good 2h option, but he is set aside in rvr and even 6 man those days. For me especially mid path has been a big disappointment when both SM and Knight can bring much more utilities in thier main snb pathes.
Last edited by Charon on Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Zhentarim

Post#8 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:50 am

Surprised that so few IBs are rr80, makes me more motivated to get mine to 80. :D

Ads
hanzjager

Post#9 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Zhentarim wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:50 am Surprised that so few IBs are rr80, makes me more motivated to get mine to 80. :D
I'm with you! RR72 and this train isn't stopping anytime soon! ;)

bichka

Post#10 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:15 pm

surprised about order's number of post 80's, maybe most 80s is tweankoholics?

yesterday i played 1 day on order side and this vid is exactly what i feel

Click here to watch on YouTube

most scs was about order rdps, most scs order had at least 1 healer, usually even more.