Recent Topics

Ads

Tactic oppressing Blow phase 2

Let's talk about... everything else
WARChosen

Tactic oppressing Blow phase 2

Post#1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Hello there again
So Torquemadra you say '' it adds 15% crit to all abilities when you use a great weapon '' i will show you its not the same crit its broken because it give you another stat crit hit and he not merge with your crit chance.

First look my stats without this tactic
you see my MeleCritChance is 14 (9 from Renown points + 5 from weapon and boots )
So my Melee critical bonus is 14

Lets see what happen when we put our tactic Oppressing Blow
We now see a new line in our stats and its call CriticalHitRate 15 (0 + 15) <------- This is our tactic Oppressing Blow
Our MeleeCritChance is still 14 but the Melee Critical bonus is 15 why ????? every one tell is a visual bug but its not i will show you why

Lets try to use a Pumpkin Pie of Savage Vigor (it give 60 toughness and 5% melee crit chance) without tactic Oppressing Blow
And here you see now our new stat CriticalHitRate is gone
Our MeleeCritChance is 19 (9 Renown point + 10 our pumpkin pie, weapon, boots)
So my Melee critical bonus is 19 and there is no visual bug its show correct stat

And now i will show you the same when we put our tactic Oppressing blow
It show our CriticalHitRate 15 (0 + 15) <------- This is our tactic Oppressing Blow
Our MeleeCritChance is 19 (9 Renown point + 10 our pumpkin pie, weapon, boots)
And what is with our Melee critical bonus it say 20 ??????? so tactic Oppressing Blow give us 1% crit chance ???????????

Torquemadra I know I'm an annoying guy like a dog looking for a hole in this mess but can you explain me for what we need the stat CriticalHitRate and how it works and why its separated stat, is this CriticalHitRate merge with MeleeCritChance ?? Why we can get simply stat 15 % MeleeCritChance ????

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: Tactic oppressing Blow phase 2

Post#2 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Meleecrit only affects melee attack, criticalhitrate is global and give healing, melee, magical and ranged crit chance, like Throwing Axe for example that uses balistic skill

WARChosen

Post#3 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:32 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:02 pm Meleecrit only affects melee attack, criticalhitrate is global and give healing, melee, magical and ranged crit chance, like Throwing Axe for example that uses balistic skill
So 15 % criticalhitrate give us 1% Melee, healing, magical and ranged crit chance and this is how its works ?? or it give 15 % Melee, healing, magical and ranged crit chance ??

Vayra

Post#4 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:19 pm

It gives 15% crit rate to everything. Go autoattack something a few hundred times with/without the tactic and you should be able to tell it actually works.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

WARChosen

Post#5 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Vayra wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:19 pm It gives 15% crit rate to everything. Go autoattack something a few hundred times with/without the tactic and you should be able to tell it actually works.
so you say that 15% CriticalHitRate give 15 % Melee, healing, magical and ranged crit chance ? then why when i use this tactic don't give +15 MeleeCritChance only gives 1% Melee critical bonus ??

Vayra

Post#6 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Don't always trust the stat sheet. Test it yourself. If it doesn't work the way it should, post a bug report. But test first, complain after.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

WARChosen

Post#7 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Vayra wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:25 pm Don't always trust the stat sheet. Test it yourself. If it doesn't work the way it should, post a bug report. But test first, complain after.
There was 3 reports 1.https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11006 2. https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11133
3.https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11004 so if i will report they same bug they will close it and yes i test it but its hard to to provide if tactic give you + 15 crit chance because even if you have 0 crit chance you can still crit alot

ndnuzik88

Post#8 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:31 pm

I can confirm this aswell, seem like "15% crit rate" here equal 1.5% overall crit chance in everything. If so, the tactict itself just doesn't worth it.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#9 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:01 pm

I saw the original thread about this a couple of days ago and wanted to comment then about it, however I didn't have any proof and so said nothing then. Last night I went and did some basic checks to confirm how this works, I'll now share them.

First off here are my stats with the Oppressing Blows Tactic slotted, wearing full Dominator armor.

You can see in the .getstats information that I have a CriticalHitRate of 15 and a MeleeCritRate of 13 for a total of 28% crit. Looking at the character sheet as well as the statdoll info you can see the visual bug where both show my crit rate as being 14%. You can also confirm that I have Oppressing Blows slotted on the Tactics bar right next to the chat window - it's the 4th tactic slotted. For the record the other tactics are Rugged, Flawless Armor, and Warped Flesh.

Now, here are my stats without Oppressing Blows slotted.

Here you can see that while the MeleeCritRate of 13 is still there, the CrititcalHitRate of 15 has disappeared due to my slotting Backlash in place of Oppressing Blows. This makes my total crit 13%, and it is displayed properly on both the character sheet and in statdoll.

Now for the proof that it is a visual bug and nothing else. First off a note - if you test this yourself it will need to be against a mob, not a target dummy. I tried testing against the dummies and no matter what I amount of crit I had I always seemed to crit about 50% of the time, so theres something funky going on with the target dummies. In the end I tested against the Bloodletter mobs in the new raid PQ in Inevitable City, as they were high enough level to survive me hitting them for a while yet weak enough that I wouldn't die while only using Auto Attack.

Here is the combat log of me attacking with Oppressing Blows slotted.

Letting Auto Attack run for over a minute I crit 8 times in 22 attacks - which results in 36.36% crit rate! Looks like I had a lucky string there, If i had continued to let it play out with Auto Attack hits only I'm sure that it would have evened out to 28% over time. Oh, and you can verify that I did not change tactics as my Tactical bar is visible in the combat log image.

Now here is a screen shot of the log without Oppressing Blows slotted.

Looking at this, I have only 3 crits in 18 hits (I did not count the Backlash attacks because 1. they weren't Auto Attacks and 2. none of them crit - and I don't think backlash can crit). This gives me a crit rate of 16.67% (guess I'm just lucky like that :P ). Still a bit above the 13% but significantly lower than what I get with Oppressing blows slotted. This being a visual bug is confirmed - Oppressing Blows works properly.

Now, I know all the cool kids think it's hip to pick on Torquemadra, but the fact is the man knows his ****. When he repeatedly says this is a visual bug, you need stop naysaying him just because you don't like his brusque manner. Every conversation I've ever had with him about the workings of this game have been enlightening and he never fails to bring up some aspect of it that I hadn't even thought about. Baseless attacks like this get us nowhere, and I hope this will finally put this particular item to rest.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80