Recent Topics

Ads

Biggest problem on Live is still the biggest problem on RoR

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Biggest problem on Live is still the biggest problem on RoR

Post#71 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:06 pm

How about BW dmg is nerfed, so other order DD can compete and order has more viable warband classes, because one single class doesn't outshine all others? Just a thought. :^)
Dying is no option.

Ads
Zizzelfizz

Post#72 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:24 pm

This is about your stupid Xrealming and not the BW. Of course, even more classes will break. Your everyday whining is really puking. The order is steam rolled every evening, nobody talks about it. Every tank and good dd kills a BW in seconds, and you want a nerf. You are ridiculous

DanielWinner

Post#73 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:06 pm How about BW dmg is nerfed, so other order DD can compete and order has more viable warband classes, because one single class doesn't outshine all others? Just a thought. :^)
I’m afraid in that case whole Order side may crumble. Bringing everyone to sh*t tier won’t balance RealmVSRealm situation.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Feru
Suspended

Post#74 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:41 pm

heheh who cares about rvr
bw need the same balance treatment that slayer received...engies for top dogs :)

Aethilmar

Post#75 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Wam wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:27 pm
Nidwin wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:48 pm Is it truly because there's no other DPS choice or is it because BW rules them all?
One other big difference i remember is... Order are less committed to fights, i.e they have a tendancy to break/route/run away on impact early on... where Destro is very sucidial at times... destro black orks and others will go for glory and fight to the death... i remember being very WTF playing order and seeing people run away from winnable fights in praag, then only happy to zerg later on, you couldn't make it up :)
ALL pugs or mobs break and run early.

You are suffering from selective memory and confirmation bias. You see unorganized Order PUGs run because Order has more unorganized PUGs (or just plain mobs) than Destro therefore you think Order breaks and runs more than Destro. I run solo both sides (but mostly Order) and have observed the same behavior on both sides.

It is a completely rational behavior, btw, if you don't have a source of heals and don't like running back from spawn.

Sulorie

Post#76 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:05 am

Korhadreth wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:30 am Logged on 160% aao, ask how longs it been like this? All night.
I log off.
You missed a great time.
Dying is no option.

Dackle

Post#77 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:53 pm

navis wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:48 pm Most respect to the developers but I agree with this OP sentiments even though everything is working very well (bug free, mostly), there is a need to continue trying to improve the situation where possible..

Before we used to see some patterns where players would form more into a 'campaign run' and getting on the momentum side was highly highly desirable because it would mean at least 2-6 hours (approx) of zone locks and wins (big RR gains) and loot that could only be gotten one way.
Now, I think we see much shorter duration pushes. A realm unites for a lock or two then quickly disperses again. Loot situation is basically non-issue now, so players I think are content to grind away slowly.

Although I also think a hard-cap limit is a bad idea in this kind of game, I think an attempt to limit x-realm in unbalance situations would be good. Disallow flagging for PvP in only some cases such as-
-previously tagged as opposite realm recently (10 min or so)
-wrong level tier
More like, at least, a 12 hours lockout. I am okay with 24 with a 5-8 minutes "grace" period if not flagged.

I don't think people realize how much swapping back and forth hurts the game as a whole. Sure it's great for your maximizing RR rank if that is all you care about. Realm pride is a thing of the past, but alleviated a lot of these problems.

It's worse than this though... Scoundrels will be scoundrels. I witnessed a known player from Guild A (Destro) on their lowbie 37 Order player, laying Dead on a BO and giving Destro intel on who was on the BO, where, and when.

It's this kinds of **** that ruins the game for me.

Drys

Post#78 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Rather than hard caps, what if there was a mechanism in addition to AAO that rewards the underdog side.

I understand AAO and bag rewards do this to some degree, but for instance this could give a mechanism for a second loot roll using AAO as some kind of multiplier for the number of bag rewards or level of loot in bags. Another multiplier should be how long you hold it against the superior force at keeps and BOs.

For example, if outnumbered, holding a choke point BO for some time against a superior force should count toward something even though the BO will eventually be lost. Same as a keep defense -- eventually the keep will be lost but holding out should count for more.

This isn't a "reward the losers". If you lose a zone with no AAO or low AAO you don't get more stuff. But if you're severely outnumbered and still put up a good fight, you should be rewarded significantly. I think that will incentive people to stay in RVR lakes even when outnumbered as well as organize and develop tactics to slow down the superior force.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
Richardwarhawk

Post#79 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:01 pm

To be honest it would be a great idea to keep RvR going, but there are so many older and ignorant people in this game that think playing both sides is a bad thing and they won't understand that they would have to play a destro or order toon to help keep the fights more even.
There is a whole half of the game that these peoole miss out on. Now I'm not saying you play both sides in the same zone either, I'm saying if there is a bigger population on one side,aybe it would be smart to play the side that has less players to help keep the fights going. Or at least that's what the staff means.

Dackle

Post#80 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Richardwarhawk wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:01 pm To be honest it would be a great idea to keep RvR going, but there are so many older and ignorant people in this game that think playing both sides is a bad thing and they won't understand that they would have to play a destro or order toon to help keep the fights more even.
There is a whole half of the game that these peoole miss out on. Now I'm not saying you play both sides in the same zone either, I'm saying if there is a bigger population on one side,aybe it would be smart to play the side that has less players to help keep the fights going. Or at least that's what the staff means.
You don't make sense. Many players played both sides during Live. Most did it on different servers. There is nothing wrong with playing both sides. Cross-realming is specific.

Good players check out the other side to understand the competition and how to combat them. This has NOTHING to do with "older and ignorant people," however has everything to have to do with integrity. The problem is not everyone piling on one side.

Start playing the game Warhammer and stop playing "For the Memes"