Recent Topics

Ads

RoR in 2019

Let's talk about... everything else
xoonerfree
Suspended

Re: RoR in 2019

Post#11 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:09 am

We need new BiS items. They can come from pve or pvp, or grinding faction with quests mixed in, it's all the same.

But don't make it too easy (e.g. beastlord) or insanely hard. Gunbad armor was a good difficulty but none of the armor pieces (redeye) are BiS, and the weapons there are not BiS. So what's the point? Gunbad was not worth the time in the end and that's why few do it.

Give us new BiS progression, make it moderately difficult. For example, add a 10% better damage/stats scenario weapon that costs 8,000 conqs.

Please stop adding the fluff glamour items or items that no one really uses - it's cute but give it a break, and focus on some BiS progression items for a little bit.

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#12 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:22 am

You know I find it funny.

SOME Players complained about the LIVE version of the game. The gear gaps. The constant adding of more OP gear. And the stale end game.

So here on RoR, the devs are REINVENTING the entire game. This takes time. Invader, Warlord, Sov gear comes with fortresses and city sieges. BUT YOU the players, did not like the old system. So the devs are trying to make a new one. THIS TAKES TIME!!!!

So what do these "SOME" players do? They now want the stuff from the old system.

Make up your minds people. The Devs can do one of two things.
1- They can re work the game. Re design the fortress and end game. or ..
2- They can just give you what LIVE had to offer.

You can not have both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#13 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:00 am

drmordread wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:22 am You know I find it funny.

SOME Players complained about the LIVE version of the game. The gear gaps. The constant adding of more OP gear. And the stale end game.

So here on RoR, the devs are REINVENTING the entire game. This takes time. Invader, Warlord, Sov gear comes with fortresses and city sieges. BUT YOU the players, did not like the old system. So the devs are trying to make a new one. THIS TAKES TIME!!!!

So what do these "SOME" players do? They now want the stuff from the old system.

@Morrdread
The population speak by itself, it going down month after month. You gotta keep the interest in the game or ppl gonna leave and find something else(other game)
Look at the amount of released game lately; Plenty of new game available. Ppl getting bored here circling around for no purpose\goal, we need something to keep us here. Simple receipe Morrdread! I do want to play this game for the next year but circling around in RvR is not what will keep me here and im not talking about "balance". Gamer need motivation\goal to play we all know that right?
]

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#14 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:01 am

xoonerfree wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:09 am We need new BiS items. They can come from pve or pvp, or grinding faction with quests mixed in, it's all the same.

But don't make it too easy (e.g. beastlord) or insanely hard. Gunbad armor was a good difficulty but none of the armor pieces (redeye) are BiS, and the weapons there are not BiS. So what's the point? Gunbad was not worth the time in the end and that's why few do it.

Give us new BiS progression, make it moderately difficult. For example, add a 10% better damage/stats scenario weapon that costs 8,000 conqs.

Please stop adding the fluff glamour items or items that no one really uses - it's cute but give it a break, and focus on some BiS progression items for a little bit.
EXACTLY ^^
]

zak68

Post#15 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:18 am

probably dev team needs more hands.

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#16 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:07 am

drmordread wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:22 am You know I find it funny.

Dude, I've been using the same weapon and gear for 2 years if my memory is correct. I can't ever upgrade? Another 2 years? Not even one slot?

Arteker616

Post#17 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:20 am

what i gathered from talking with old chaps wich used to play alot on this server on both sides. and please dont take it personal if u see what i type believe or not its what several players i shared years on this server though before giving up.

1:Lack of progression, people realy not happy with what leaked about new sets , why put the effort and time to get new stuff wich will marginal alter ur character.

- on general they qq about all the hassle time needed to get new sets wich realy they dont feel like a upgrade , the pve raid sets introduced clusterfucked pissed quitew a few .

2: Dev war, it created a bad split btw players .
-basicly a civil war with pro and cons different devs . and the fear to server being shut down.

3: The killing of different play styles .
- alot of players got realy salty to being forced to pick wb or got ape **** on rvr. nerfs and changes to focus rvr on zerg with 2 wbs soloers and rare 6 man did feel bad to players used to believe on old ror attempts to break the zerg syndrome wich went from trying to discourage zerg to actualy encourage it , nerfs like cw , rd realy pissed alot people wich realy needed them to actualy stand a chance on zerg is life ror.

4: Balance Wars and i dont know what will happen my class tomorrow .
-LOADS of players quit due to fear to balance changes and the forum warriors trying to impose their views on their favourites class. people got realy tired of changes wich on many cases altered or straight killed their playstiles wich they liked alot .Several dislike new mods due to past history from 6 mans rule destiny of this server and nerf gobos since 2016. sorry to say but alot of people took the jump just because these two .

5 i want classic .

- alot of people just wanted a pure 100 classic emu war server with all the flaws and rights of the old game . with new server claiming they would provide it quite few did the jump . although from what i gathered **** is boiling up there with people forum questing to Get Tweaks wich is the main reason they quit ror .

thats is what people i talked have to say about ror , for most part they are anonymous players , some are or were kinda famous time ago, and yes even 1 and 2 former legends .

Stinkyweed

Post#18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:32 am

If you're not in a warband...you're a chitter!
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Ads
mogt

Post#19 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:52 am

this game, is not a singleplayer game, this game is a group/warband game, you need corodination and teamplay, and if you dont like teamolay, go away from this server and play a singleplayer game. this game is good how it is. THE CHANGES NEED TIME.

The Devs do this here in their freetime as hobby, and a few players crying that they want classic game. i have a idea for this players, you can download the war emu for free and then you can creating a own server. then you see how hard is this all to programming and that is not to easy

Athergic

Post#20 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:49 am

Arteker616 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:20 am what i gathered from talking with old chaps wich used to play alot on this server on both sides. and please dont take it personal if u see what i type believe or not its what several players i shared years on this server though before giving up.

1:Lack of progression, people realy not happy with what leaked about new sets , why put the effort and time to get new stuff wich will marginal alter ur character.

- on general they qq about all the hassle time needed to get new sets wich realy they dont feel like a upgrade , the pve raid sets introduced clusterfucked pissed quitew a few .

2: Dev war, it created a bad split btw players .
-basicly a civil war with pro and cons different devs . and the fear to server being shut down.

3: The killing of different play styles .
- alot of players got realy salty to being forced to pick wb or got ape **** on rvr. nerfs and changes to focus rvr on zerg with 2 wbs soloers and rare 6 man did feel bad to players used to believe on old ror attempts to break the zerg syndrome wich went from trying to discourage zerg to actualy encourage it , nerfs like cw , rd realy pissed alot people wich realy needed them to actualy stand a chance on zerg is life ror.

4: Balance Wars and i dont know what will happen my class tomorrow .
-LOADS of players quit due to fear to balance changes and the forum warriors trying to impose their views on their favourites class. people got realy tired of changes wich on many cases altered or straight killed their playstiles wich they liked alot .Several dislike new mods due to past history from 6 mans rule destiny of this server and nerf gobos since 2016. sorry to say but alot of people took the jump just because these two .

5 i want classic .

- alot of people just wanted a pure 100 classic emu war server with all the flaws and rights of the old game . with new server claiming they would provide it quite few did the jump . although from what i gathered **** is boiling up there with people forum questing to Get Tweaks wich is the main reason they quit ror .

thats is what people i talked have to say about ror , for most part they are anonymous players , some are or were kinda famous time ago, and yes even 1 and 2 former legends .
#3 and #4 was it for me and some friends, slowly but surely the way we like to play certain classes is taken away. For me first it was melee squig herder, then black orc, now my precious choppa :( It's hard to adapt and move on, when the way you like to play the game isn't available anymore, with little to no discussion on major changes. I miss small scale, what happened to it, I feel like it was such a huge part of RoR and now it's not really a scene anymore. I still enjoy playing with my guildies and I'm sure I just need a different perspective to get over my grumpy hump of liking things how they were.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708