Recent Topics

Ads

[ALL] Avoiding being crit

Let's talk about... everything else
bichka

Re: [ALL] Avoiding being crit

Post#11 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Korhadreth wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:19 am Witch elves have better crit chance than witch hunters right? WH gets parry instead. Parry not looking too good by comparison now.
On live i had 44% of crit chance without tactic, so i guess it's more about gear progression.
Also you are trying to compare skill and wasted tactic slot + avoiding of finishers using.

I have 0RR points spent on defense on my WE but still able to have 0 deaths in scs. So why WH is so afraid about their puny life and wasting healdebuff + EW for this 4s parry buff? Fight like a man :mrgreen: !

Imho spec for disrupt + vindication + EW/healdebuff is looks much better for scs than lolparry spec with riposte.

Ads
OgiWanBG

Post#12 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Korhadreth wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:46 am I've reduced my chance to be crit to zero using futile strikes and 2 piece redeye plus basic initiative +20 talisman.

My paper doll shows 0 chance to be crit but I still take ALOT of crit damage and often.

Is this because of initiative debuffs? If so how much can be debuffed at one time is it a max of 80 or do multiple abilities stack?

Lastly, I was attacked by a marauder 1v1 and he used pulverise, then his auto attack critically hit me. There was no wave of mutation first to debuff my initiative. Is there a problem with redeye set bonus not working or something else maybe?
It's Ok mate, you have 0 chance to be crit, but your enemy have for example 10%,20% chance to crit ;) He will still be crtiing you ;)
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Chinesehero

Post#13 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:08 pm

All above wrong

If u have 10% to be crit, enemy has 10% to crit
Your chance to be crit = 1.1 * 1.1 =1.21
that means u will get 21% to be crit

If u have 0% to be crit, enemy has 10% to crit
Your chance to be crit = 1* 1.1 =1.1
that mean u will get 10% to be crit

If u have -10% to be crit, enemy has 10% to crit
Your chance to be crit = 0.9* 1.1 =0.99
that mean u will get -1% to be crit (which means 0% since 0.99<1)

So reduced chance to be crit is always "faster" than increase chance to crit according to the above multiply formula
That's why many ppl say FF is important

Listen: I am still learning each formula. Hope someone can correct me if I am wrong

bichka

Post#14 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:36 pm

woot? chances is additive, so in first example it's still 20%

Sulorie

Post#15 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Chinesehero wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:08 pm All above wrong
Spoiler:
If u have 10% to be crit, enemy has 10% to crit
Your chance to be crit = 1.1 * 1.1 =1.21
that means u will get 21% to be crit

If u have 0% to be crit, enemy has 10% to crit
Your chance to be crit = 1* 1.1 =1.1
that mean u will get 10% to be crit

If u have -10% to be crit, enemy has 10% to crit
Your chance to be crit = 0.9* 1.1 =0.99
that mean u will get -1% to be crit (which means 0% since 0.99<1)

So reduced chance to be crit is always "faster" than increase chance to crit according to the above multiply formula
That's why many ppl say FF is important
Listen: I am still learning each formula. Hope someone can correct me if I am wrong
I wouldn't start with such a statement, when having no clue. :)
Dying is no option.

Bozzax

Post#16 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:34 pm

Afaik this still is true

critical hit rates are affected by defenders initiative vs attackers rank, in the following way:
(7.5*<attacker effective rank>+50)/(35+<defender initiative>)/10

you then add any crit chance modifiers from the attacker, and subtract any crit chance reduction the defender has:
((7.5*<attacker effective rank>+50)/<defender initiative>/10)+(<attacker crit bonus> - <defender crit reduction>)

<attacker effective rank> = Attackers level
<defender initiative> = your current initiative value (base ini + buffs - debuffs)

If you (on dess) don’t have about 300 ini nothing matters.

E: there has been discussion in the past on if (<attacker crit bonus> - <defender crit reduction>) can be negative and I have never seen anything to support this
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

lefze
Suspended

Post#17 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Korhadreth wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:21 pm
bichka wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:52 pm WE have +50% crit as M3, sorc/bw with full resource gives them additional crit chance(35% if i didn't forget))
About crit reduction, be BG or play with BG with dark protection on you. -45% of crit buff is kinda cool.
Ini stacking is not really helpful after some value. Play WE/WH for huge numbers from sets like 350-420 and don't care about stacking ini debuffs anymore :p
Are you sure? It doesn't say anything about -45% crit reduction on the dark protector tooltip.
He's talking about Force of Fury. It's not flat 45% tho, iirc it just gives you your -%chance to get crit*1.45.
Rip Phalanx

lefze
Suspended

Post#18 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Korhadreth wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:43 pm
lefze wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:32 pm
Korhadreth wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Are you sure? It doesn't say anything about -45% crit reduction on the dark protector tooltip.
He's talking about Force of Fury. It's not flat 45% tho, iirc it just gives you your -%chance to get crit*1.45.
Looks like IB gets crit increase which I assume is also given to his oathfriend aswell..
Correct.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Chinesehero

Post#19 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:49 am

Korhadreth wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 am
lefze wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:19 am
Nameless wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:16 am

Someone pls confirm that cos atm I am not that far from that number.
There is no max. (other than limitation on what you can possibly get from gear+renown+liniment+skills+tactic)
I'm fairly certain this is max crit reduction without gimping conq 5 piece proc:

Liniment of Peerless Defnese -5%
Genesis -3%
Redeye -6% (boots and cape)
Futile strikes -24%
Initiative gems -6.4%
Initiative gear -4.9%

total negative 49%

You could always equip imperator for another -4% but losing conqueror proc isn't a good idea imo. That would give you -53% Bearing in mind Arch mage unimproved chance to be crit is 11.9% you would reduce enemies chance to crit by 37%

Is that enough to have complete immunity?
every character has a base being crit chance like SM is 20%????did u count it???

Foomy44

Post#20 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:49 am

Spoiler:
Chinesehero wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:49 am
Korhadreth wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 am
lefze wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:19 am

There is no max. (other than limitation on what you can possibly get from gear+renown+liniment+skills+tactic)
I'm fairly certain this is max crit reduction without gimping conq 5 piece proc:

Liniment of Peerless Defnese -5%
Genesis -3%
Redeye -6% (boots and cape)
Futile strikes -24%
Initiative gems -6.4%
Initiative gear -4.9%

total negative 49%

You could always equip imperator for another -4% but losing conqueror proc isn't a good idea imo. That would give you -53% Bearing in mind Arch mage unimproved chance to be crit is 11.9% you would reduce enemies chance to crit by 37%

Is that enough to have complete immunity?
every character has a base being crit chance like SM is 20%????did u count it???
You literally quoted the answer to your question.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman