Recent Topics

Ads

Lingo?

Let's talk about... everything else
MyrmidianLance

Lingo?

Post#1 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm not new to MMOs, but I am to RoR. What is a premade? A Pug? Any other terms you can think of would be VERY helpful!

Cheers,
~Sutenvolf, Knight of the Blazing Sun

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Re: Lingo?

Post#2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:54 pm

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Premades consist of nasty players who want to ruin everyone else's experience of the game. They are prone to bouts of maniacal rage, enjoy the suffering of pugs, and can often be seen corpse jumping after a successful 6v1 encounter.

No but seriously: Aero covers it nicely.

Acidic

Post#4 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:01 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:58 pm Premades consist of nasty players who want to ruin everyone else's experience of the game. They are prone to bouts of maniacal rage, enjoy the suffering of pugs, and can often be seen corpse jumping after a successful 6v1 encounter.

:)
Don’t forget their tendency to try alter the game balance in thier favor by trolling forums

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Acidic wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:01 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:58 pm Premades consist of nasty players who want to ruin everyone else's experience of the game. They are prone to bouts of maniacal rage, enjoy the suffering of pugs, and can often be seen corpse jumping after a successful 6v1 encounter.

:)
Don’t forget their tendency to try alter the game balance in thier favor by trolling forums
I thought that went without saying!

Elio

Post#6 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:08 pm

To keep this on track and help the guy out...

Order - The Human/Dwarf/Elf faction.
Destruction - Destro - Des - The Chaos/Greenskin/Elf faction.

RvR - Realm vs. Realm - Large zones on the map where two factions fight to control a keep (castle thing) and take the zone for their realm.
SC - Scenario - Warhammer Online's instanced battlegrounds. Queues have different priorities, and you can either queue as solo/duo or 3-6, a "premade."

Warband - A group of players, 24 at most, who fight in RvR or do large scale PvE content.
PuG - Pick up Group - the random group you're assigned in SCs or a random warband you join in RvR.
Premade - A group of players, 6 at most, who roam RvR lakes and queue into SCs. Generally are on comms together and are more coordinated than PuGs.
Solo - A player who roams RvR by themselves and looks for small-scale or 1v1 fights to engage in.

Lord - The strong NPC who guards a keep and must be killed to take it.
PvD - Player vs. Door - When RvR has no fights; the attacking faction's time is spent killing a keep's door/lord without any real resistance.

RR - Renown Rank - Your purple level. This dictates how many renown points you have to spend (up to 80), gives you an extra mastery point every 10 levels from levels 40 to 70, and is used to gate the higher tier armor sets.
Tactics - The green passive skills you equip to your character. You have four by level forty, and they are class or spec (specialization) defining.

Builder - A website we use to theorycraft builds for characters. https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.com/

I'll add more as they come to me; I hope this helps.