Balancingteam, Developers and the community

Let's talk about... everything else
Xergon

Re: Balancingteam, Developers and the community

Post#21 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:10 pm

Aerogath wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 pm
oaliaen wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:01 pm
Amidala wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Sh and marauder can both run solo. And they also have a spot in wb!
I agree, but they did not have a strong pet and a 1-2sec 'dmg to kill burst' . So things are ok now. Just my opinion. :P
Yep.

The problem is Order is always crying the balance team is balancing for their " destro friends " and destro is saying the opposite...
AND i hate it that everyone is always trying to compare a class that is not even his mirror class with their favourite class... like stupid Wl's that always cry about melee SH as their "mirror class" whats not even true or people that say IB is the mirror of BG ....

There is a testserver, btw you can talk with the devs and if there wouldn't only a few players testing the balance would be a little bit different. The devs are having a rl too and not a Mythic team with over 500 people working for them.
DEAL WITH IT OR PLAY WOW.

Probably thats way to go... because as much i love this game and play it for PvP/RvR with current form and state, i find more fun and its much more worth time spending doing Gunbad on all my toons than entering RvR lake where things looks so bad, either you fighting enemy zerg w/o proper form of balance between sides, cool i like challenge i can do that but then again you get beaten by lagfest which i cannot fight sadly... but hey, at least Mara and SH got spot in WB, same as WL and SW right ? oh wait... nvm...
I'm just worried that when ill gear up all my 10 toons, state of RvR wont change at all and there will be not much to do...
:roll: :? :cry:

As much as i hate WLs and their uselessness in WBs i was ready to even lvlup one after is saw PreProduction proposal on changes to WL... but with Veto and seeing that is most likely not going to happen, there is no point anymore...
Last edited by Xergon on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Post#22 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:10 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:08 pm
Aerogath wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:06 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Uhm, it's not?
BO is meant to be the mirror class of IB.
BG is the mirror class of SM and was not even in the game when it was released.

You seem to mix racial mirrors and mechanic mirrors.
I tell you the Mirror class that mythic meant.

WL - Mara
IB - BO
BG - SM
SW - SH
Blazing gay - Chosen
AM - Shammy
BW - Sorc
Choppa - Slayer
The REAL mirror classes are meant to be different.

Timmitz

Post#23 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Its actually IB-BG and SM-BO?
Timmitz (BO) Pestilentius (Chosen) Chronik (Marauder) Falaria (DoK) Poostainz (Shaman) Eadcheeze (SH) Shroomdeth (Choppa) Geriatricus (WP) Aleguts (Engi) Burnsie (BW)

Xergon

Post#24 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Timmitz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:16 pm Its actually IB-BG and SM-BO?
If you compare abilities its SM-BG, IB-BO, if you compare mechanic then SM-BO, IB-BG...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

michela89

Post#25 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Xergon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:17 pm
If you compare abilities its SM-BG, IB-BO, if you compare mechanic then SM-BO, IB-BG...
Doesn't look like that to me. Sm and Bo are more similar even with just skills.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#26 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Perfect way to derail the thread :P.

Ugle

Post#27 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Also it was cross mirroring.

/derailed
inactive

altharion1
Banned

Post#28 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:47 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:31 am Classbalancing, Veto, Aza's sacrifice and community managers;
ohhh boy. So it has been 6(?) weeks now since the Aza White Lion changes were rapidly removed from the game, based or what seems to be catering towards solo and "less than 6man" playerbase wished. Despite this is directly against the many times we have heard balancing will be based around 6man and warband performance. This raised a little questionmark if it was to remove any sign of Aza, or if his codeing was just so "uniq" that it was too difficult to followup on. Nevertheless the removal was quick and seemed rushed, where as the (empty?) promises of "High priority" changes have taken 2 months now, and we still havnt seen anything in the patchnotes from the priority list.
The Aza WL change was so bugged, it couldnt stay live. You could get like 40+ mastery points by bugging the respec... (add to this that a lot of the new skills and tactics were massively over performing compared to their intended tooltip values.)

I imagine no one wanted to/had the skills to address the problems in Aza's work.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
Sulorie

Post#29 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:57 pm

Xergon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:17 pm
The recent addition of a WoDS copy for BG might give them impression, that BG are SM are similar. Actually skills are often mixed between classes.
When you search for mirrors, you look on the class mechanic.
The usual mirror classes are pretty clear and only SW, SH, WL and MRD are cross-mirrored.
Dying is no option.

Tesq

Post#30 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:02 pm

Spoiler:
pff ppl talking about mirroring system when they dont even dare to look at perfect cross-mirred stuff in game mwhich prove how the cross mirroring work...

if you want a guideline system on war i gona wrtie here the profiles

ch/kobs-->mirror meccanic
sm/ch -->mirror some offensive/def tanks /mastery (parry buff, magical dmg, silence)
IB/CH---> mirror some off/ def meccanic (speed proc, block give form of defense, )

mirroring is never done in isolation chosen is both cross mirrored with ib/sm etc

a cross mirroring usually take some aspect from a class then put it into another one (some or most into 2), like bw/magus have both and undefeatblae tactic for 2 skills

choppa/slayer and kobs/bg and further live second dev team changes broke this logic on multiple levels.

by pure logic st mara and st slayer (woudns debuff) should be balanced to work alike
by pure logic aoe mara/aoe wh (both moral drain ) should be balanced to work alike
etc could also made an example wl/chopp.

apply there the cross mirroring system (1 class always get mirrored half in 2 classes) it get as follow roughtly and only for aoe

mara/wh -->aoe kd, aoe moral drain
mara/wl-->aoe interrupt, aoe wep skill debuff/ini debuff / aoe channeling
WH/WE-->kisses / bullets , relics/elixir , aoe ista 1200 m2
WL/WE--> magical dmg (as dev team diretion is going to go) + 1 missing stuff to create anew (on whim we lack aoe ap drain)

moreover there is a mirroring done both by type of class (st debuffer /aoe debuffer /def melee etc), and by race/pairing (humans racial absorb tactic for both faction etc).

as it currently stand right now order side have it bad due tools not being spread better but which elf is the worst aoe class in game it litteraly bring only kisses which regarding ini debuff is redundant with mara/wl (future) ini debuff and the heal debuff only work in 1 wb vs 1 wb or no way to reach healers.
Spoiler:
making a list of worst mirrored classes in game which are also lacking in some department

-magus/engi/wh/wh/wl are all equals right now, even if those changes i wrote would be implemented it would still came down to , magus/engi lacking cross mirror stuff from sorc/bw

-and still some 2h tanks are not viable in rvr : kobs/sm ,
-some stuff should be reverted (cd decrease)to make other IB/ch /sorc/engi balancable /viable again in rvr.
- Sm lacking a perfect balance skill to aoe in 2h as bo can do on to have 2/3 of his skills aoe
-kobs need a very high ap cost aoe attack to mirror bg spamabale aoe.

Moreover still keep 100% stuff in game such mara GoM and slayer rampage dont help the balance it only make it harder and harder, in a game made by multipliers , based on multiplers, 100% denier are op...