Recent Topics

Ads

Balancingteam, Developers and the community

Let's talk about... everything else
Ramasee

Re: Balancingteam, Developers and the community

Post#11 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Veto was repealed about an hour after it happened. Yaliskah was worried we were cloning what Aza did to the WL because we referenced Aza's name. We cleared up that confusion and have been proceeding. That thread closes tomorrow, and you can expect to see our counter proposal very shortly after that. The balance group refuses to add to the two weeks meme (insomuch that we have the power to do)
Last edited by Ramasee on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:43 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:33 pm long text
Im not sure what you want to get out of all that but the reversion of changes to WL was not to take away any AOE potential of WLs but that was a drawback of doing it, sure.

There is a reason why a discussion is had about WLs, and there is no internal block for giving them a job in warband situations. Issue is that while balance requires you to look at a bigger picture with all pieces connecting we simply dont have the manpower to do changes to everything at once and while anyones opinion may differ on how balance should be done one of the drawbacks with having a transparent system where suggestions are formulated and then moved to the community for feedback / acceptance is that the process will take longer.

And lets be perfectly honest Im not personally happy either with a single career beeing the dominating thing on one of the factions (BWs), but we have to start somewhere and build from it.

oaliaen

Post#13 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:49 pm

I agree whit you above(aurandilaz long text)..but if Wl is a army of two and was made for running around alone why not making a mirror in destro? you gonna say ror was not made to mirror everything...but yea something to think right? most WL players rolled this class to clearly own everyone. And thats why this class got nerfed ( torquardian ).

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#14 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:53 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:49 pm I agree whit you above(aurandilaz long text)..but if Wl is a army of two and was made for running around alone why not making a mirror in destro? you gonna say ror was not made to mirror everything...but yea something to think right? most WL players rolled this class to clearly own everyone. And thats why this class got nerfed ( torquardian ).
Sh and marauder can both run solo. And they also have a spot in wb!

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

oaliaen

Post#15 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:01 pm

Amidala wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:53 pm
oaliaen wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:49 pm I agree whit you above(aurandilaz long text)..but if Wl is a army of two and was made for running around alone why not making a mirror in destro? you gonna say ror was not made to mirror everything...but yea something to think right? most WL players rolled this class to clearly own everyone. And thats why this class got nerfed ( torquardian ).
I agree, but they did not have a strong pet and a 1-2sec 'dmg to kill burst' . So things are ok now. Just my opinion. :P

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:01 pm
Amidala wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:53 pm
I agree, but they did not have a strong pet and a 1-2sec 'dmg to kill burst' . So things are ok now. Just my opinion. :P
Yep.

The problem is Order is always crying the balance team is balancing for their " destro friends " and destro is saying the opposite...
AND i hate it that everyone is always trying to compare a class that is not even his mirror class with their favourite class... like stupid Wl's that always cry about melee SH as their "mirror class" whats not even true or people that say IB is the mirror of BG ....

There is a testserver, btw you can talk with the devs and if there wouldn't only a few players testing the balance would be a little bit different. The devs are having a rl too and not a Mythic team with over 500 people working for them.
DEAL WITH IT OR PLAY WOW.

Sulorie

Post#17 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Aerogath wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 pm or people that say IB is the mirror of BG ....
Uhm, it's not?
Dying is no option.

Danord
Suspended

Post#18 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:50 pm

Current guardian could work to a lesser extend if pet stats was fixed. I for one don't care about wb aoe spec....
As does alot of others.

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Post#19 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 pm
Aerogath wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 pm or people that say IB is the mirror of BG ....
Uhm, it's not?
BO is meant to be the mirror class of IB.
BG is the mirror class of SM and was not even in the game when it was released.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#20 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Aerogath wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:06 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 pm
Uhm, it's not?
BO is meant to be the mirror class of IB.
BG is the mirror class of SM and was not even in the game when it was released.

You seem to mix racial mirrors and mechanic mirrors.