Recent Topics

Ads

Join the Wb please you're just hurting everyone else.

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: Join the Wb please you're just hurting everyone else.

Post#21 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:27 am

Have to spec totally differently for warband and sc play. If Im queued then not adding anything to warbands and much better solo.

Ads
Ramasee

Post#22 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:24 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:18 am snip

How can we make largescale great again?
Well obviously so far your "prevent the blob" schemes don't work.
Driving warbands away from server also doesn't help too much (honestly sad to see Phalanx gone). Killing any level of morale game from WB scene to satisfy pugs who hate being killed also doesn't help. (good job there, current state of morale meta is non-existent)
Nerfing the only class on Order side capable of fighting large Destro numbers, again pretty messy balance change.
Limiting AoE cap on 9 targets, well, it means the first 9 people in blob take the dmg, the 91 behind are safe - safety in numbers thanks to limited AoE potential. Raise cap to 18 or 27 and suddenly you might see even 6mans doing AoE gameplay and making dents in blob sides.
Make morales great again, give both sides options, make M4 speccing more feasible and you might see more possible future WB spec combinations and synergies.
Start rewarding Warbands over pugbands and small scale roamers - currently all you need to do is to show up alone to a siege/zonelock and you can expect to have access to all the same rewards that any organized wb player has. Unique skins, alternative gear, vanity items, better talis with timers, superb potions...

snip
Phalanx left because some of us got bored with always playing 8 bws and just kiting until m2/m4. This made Hao's troll behavior skyrocket leading to his ban. Then rather than letting us have a chance to salvage the situation, he logged into alt account kicked everyone and deleted our discord. It was the lack of variety and changes, and something else that's been mentioned a million times that drove phalanx off. Its not half the things you are pointing out.

Changing the morale game isn't to satisfy pugs, its to make the game more entertaining and less one dimensional. Yes the state of warband v warband sucks right now. Its being worked on.

Yeah BW got nerfed; it needed it. Balance team has stated that there will be changes to your class specially right tree to make it more attractive. Don't worry you will get some tools, Mr. Biased.

9 target aoe cap was a mythic thing. Yeah I don't agree with it as a old DAoC player myself. However targets cap were a major component of live that old nostalgia thing. ALSO, every career should probably be capable of warband aoe play before we think about increasing the cap, Mr. Biased.

Changing morales and making them interesting and great is on the list.

Rewards to larger scale players. Personally agree, I don't know the dev teams thoughts on that one though.

witchdoctor

Post#23 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Building up guild/alliance premade warband's is just dope in my mind... a random warband is pretty much oke, because they
are not very well rehearsed and lacks of communication. A premade warband will always easily kill 2 pug WB's.

1 premade WB > 4 premade partys because of the overall-view you have in a warband, no need of skill to heal players which are not in your party. :geek:

If there were more premade party's than premade warband's the fights in a zone would split much more and you wouldnt get zerged to warcamp by the blob :lol:

But as it is and always will be... People take the path of less resistance. :P

Mystry
Suspended

Post#24 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Historically, I don't get to do warband stuff because my tank class isn't a KoTBS, my healer class is actually DPS, and my ranged class isn't BW.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#25 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:18 pm

DungeonDevil wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:32 am Please stop running around solo and not participating in war bands. You are literally just making it hard in the healers and cheating yourself and everyone out of xp. Stop doing this it's not better.
Spoiler:
Ummm shut up?
Negative. – DanielWinner.

Fallenkezef

Post#26 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:36 pm

DungeonDevil wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:32 am Please stop running around solo and not participating in war bands. You are literally just making it hard in the healers and cheating yourself and everyone out of xp. Stop doing this it's not better.
Please stop telling people to play how YOU want to play.
Alea iacta est

diedrake

Post#27 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Hurting the healers? Lmao, sry man if i want heals roll healer, thats my motto. If i am solo i dont expect heals to heal me.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Waaghaa

Post#28 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Sorry, I fail to see the problem?

Why would it be hard for the healers ??

Healers in a WB, should heal its members first and foremost, not running around and heal a random solo roamer, if you have been a WB leader and you have had problems with this, right click on healers name and choose group kick, its not prohibited to kick members out of a wb that ain't doing what they are supposed to do, be that the healer who heals others while your wb goes up in flames, people who join and stand in the WC, people who join and then when you say what the target is, moves in an opposite direction, people who at the first sign of combat turns tail and runs etc, the reason for kicking members can be many and I have done them all.

Now how can +4k rr / kill be cheating yourself and others out of it, care to elaborate on that reasoning ?
Spoiler:

Ads
Luuca

Post#29 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Spoiler:
link removed
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607

General Rules: 1.1

Toshutkidup

Post#30 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Xergon wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:19 am
Lesnoj wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:46 am It is true that 90% of my gameplay I am playing solo. Killing one destro without AAO I get about 1000-1700 RR, when there is nice AAO I get about 3000-4000RR for a single kill and believe me I kill quite a lot. Last night there was AAO 400% and I killed 3 destro each for 4500 RR. How long do I need to stay in WB to get that much RR and I am not mentioning medals ? If the game wants to make people join WB then there should be some party bonus or lower solo RR gain. In other cases, people will always prefer to be solo if you are capable to make some kills.

I'm sure you are be able to make score like this playing solo... maybe killing lowbie's 24/7 :D
This score DnD make basically every RvR Raid night against whole destro blob, and purple rain is simply INSANE.

Only way to get really good renown solo was with big AAO when my WH was below 80, and after zone lock/keep take, killing afkers/slackers in keep, yes you could made likes 5k each kill.

And yea, in our WB we always fix rolls in every group so ppl who dont need Medals pass for ppl who still need them.

Actually Xergon I can do this Solo... just gotta be on at the right time and the right place ;)

First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup