Recent Topics

Ads

Crossrealm

Let's talk about... everything else
Bladepower7

Re: Crossrealm

Post#11 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:45 am

Sigimund wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 am
MayoDaen78 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:31 am I remember on live, back in the day, if I am not mistaken, there is a 24hr lockout before you can switch realm.
Not sure it was quite that long but either way it did nothing if someone paid for a second WAR account. RoR is free.

No personal objection to a soft lockout, it would probably be good for the game. I'm honestly curious to see what people will find to blame when that excuse disappears.
To be clever, it's not about lose or win, my concern is about a zone will remain for 8+ hours because 30+ players keep swapping side, lost is ok if they are more or better, but a never ending attack/defend is quite boring, especiallu when there is no chance for good fight, zerg or be zerged, just my opinion.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#12 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:45 am

Sigimund wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 am I'm honestly curious to see what people will find to blame when that excuse disappears.

Devs

Bladepower7

Post#13 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:49 am

People will always find a new thing to blame, we all know that, I said about the Xrealmers problem because I believe is bad for the game concept itself, I understand have only one server to cut the cost and I understand give the possibility to play both factions, I just feel that recently this become a plague for the basic concept of RVR, where you have to push and do your best to let your faction win, instead it's just a join the winning side to gear my alt number 32325456.

Teggz

Post#14 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:54 am

People will just use different accounts, so cooldown or lockout won't help.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#15 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:59 am

Teggz wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:54 am People will just use different accounts, so cooldown or lockout won't help.

And I tell you we can make it so it will work and help :).

Bladepower7

Post#16 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am

That's good to hear :) Thx for your effort guys.

DanielWinner

Post#17 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:31 am

Bladepower7 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am That's good to hear :) Thx for your effort guys.
I am just curious what would you propose to people who would want play underdog?
How could they join a realm that lack numbers if the lockouts will be introduced?
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Bladepower7

Post#18 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:04 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:31 am
Bladepower7 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am That's good to hear :) Thx for your effort guys.
I am just curious what would you propose to people who would want play underdog?
How could they join a realm that lack numbers if the lockouts will be introduced?
In our specific situation if someone wanna play underdog I'll suggest playing Order, is more the time I saw Dest outnumbers Order rather than vice-versa, in any case I think will be impossible to make everyone 100% happy, but for players that like play in small numbers they can always make party, duo or solo rvr, with that you'll always be outnumbered and enjoy the game in the way you like, but with the introduction of lockout we can avoid zone last for 6-8 hours every day because of Xrealming, and can make more people happy and rebuild some attachment to the faction you chose to play. I believe people that like play in the low numbers faction can fix that by simply organize their playstyle for that, as I said before with solo, duo or party rvr, on other side "normal" players can't do anything if others keep swapping side. Hope I was able to explain my point clever.

Ads
diedrake

Post#19 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Well soft locking accounts easy bypass with 2nd account

IP address soft lock not very good idea when more then 1 player in a household.

Honestly xrelming is a player issue. No more realm pride if xrealming is an issue.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Bladepower7

Post#20 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Yes some people can use multiple accounts or even computers, but I'm sure the majority just log cross character from same account, with lockouts we can cut the numbers a lot, and reduce they in the way that they will probably not be so much relevant anymore, for example, if 5-6 people Xrealming, no one noticed, but when 30+ start do that, become a problem.