Recent Topics

Ads

How to be good with a Witch Elf?

Let's talk about... everything else
Synacy

How to be good with a Witch Elf?

Post#1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Hello,

I've had a Witch Elf as my second level 40, though i'm having a hard time performing well in PvP/SC. Does anyone main a WE? What str/crit ratio is expected? What skills are used for takedowns? And how about armor sets/combinations? I seem to do very poor with a Witch Elf, and find myself dying to opposing Witch Hunters who aren't even level 40. Any ideas? Suggestions? I would like some feedback! Thank you :)
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

Ads
Lileldys

Re: How to be good with a Witch Elf?

Post#2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:05 pm

1050 str and as much melee power as possible, then crit. Mix and match sets for 2pc strength bonuses.
Use sacstab or WB specs.
You should be able to kill any unguarded/unhealed DPS in a few globals. Opener plus AW in same global, then AW until they react, KD and Puncture at 5pts or as range execute.

Best overall DPS is stacking EB to 3 stacks and maintaining, but in ganks its not necessary. Wracking Pains as a cover for BLB.

kkprfx

Post#3 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Situational awareness is something specs and gear can't fix
Gabber

Krima

Post#4 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:28 pm

- Situational awareness is something specs and gear can't fix (2)

- playing solo helps alot understanding what kind of advantage you have over order classes.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

bichka

Post#5 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:24 pm

IMHO:
priority in stats : crit -> meleepower -> str
WE's damage without crit is meh, so even RR points (45) should be spent on melee crit
with mixing sets for str bonus and bruteforce + potion for 80/100 str you should have str cap or even overcap if you are mixing 3 sets for 3 str bonuses.

most WEs this day running with OYK spec without healdebuff. So you can see nice numbers in scs, but they can fail to kill someone well healed and/or guarded
using WP to cover BLB is waste of gcd, my IMHO. Usually there lot of other dots anyway. You should kill fast or not even trying to kill. WE is not tank.

About WH -most of them is RB + BAL specced, that means no healdebuff and no OP EW finisher. But in 1 vs 1 RB is a pain. Depends on your style you can detaunt and escape till RB is on or try to hit back/sides which you have to do anyway.
My IMHO : better to stagger and wait till RB and fainted position (their analogue) is over and kill him. But i am not fan of 1 vs 1 and prefer to play in scs where RB is not so important.

Wdova

Post#6 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:28 am

It depends on Your playstyle. You play mainly solo or party? Which spec are You running? I found my self witchbrew spec fitted the most to my playstyle.
Solo playing is mostly about practice. You gonna learn from Your fails and improve/adapt. As was mentioned above Situational Awareness is one of the keys of succes. Dont go for target who are obvioiusly guarded and focus healed, in SCs dont overexted too far from healers. If You goning against 1 solo target, check Your surroundings if its not just a bait. If target has some group buffs on him(mainly from healers) its verry likely his party will be somewhere near so be prepared to disingage if they show up. I cant describe all You have to learn, but dont give up. WE has tools to take down any order character in 1v1 and vanish before party/wb/zerg arrive.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

vianiznice

Post#7 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:55 am

Learning how to hide without Shadow Prowler is key.

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:21 am

WH is just better tooled for fighting WE then the reverse.
Thats why you're losing against them.
However, WE and WH are at the bottom of the mdps spectrum and are rather complicated to play. They are supose to be "experts" at dealing with rdps. (They really arn't as pulls and leaps are proven to much more effective then stealth). But they have very good positional advantage over other classes. Personally I would like to see a slight runspeed advantage (15%?) on these classes
as they have issues using their positional advantage and lacks melee snare vs other melee classes.

In short, you gonna perform well when you hit enemies in the back but really bad when have to fight toe to toe.

Ads
qwerty113

Post#9 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:36 am

TO be good as witch elf is very simple, take +15 crit tactic and spam AW -> profit
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

qwerty113

Post#10 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:38 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:21 am WH is just better tooled for fighting WE then the reverse.
Thats why you're losing against them.
However, WE and WH are at the bottom of the mdps spectrum and are rather complicated to play. They are supose to be "experts" at dealing with rdps. (They really arn't as pulls and leaps are proven to much more effective then stealth). But they have very good positional advantage over other classes. Personally I would like to see a slight runspeed advantage (15%?) on these classes
as they have issues using their positional advantage and lacks melee snare vs other melee classes.

In short, you gonna perform well when you hit enemies in the back but really bad when have to fight toe to toe.
seems you doesn't play as witch elf, becouse wh is weak and have only bal. If you know how to play witch elf bal countering easly
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread