Recent Topics

Ads

why we can't level up fast

Let's talk about... everything else
daniilpb

Re: why we can't level up fast

Post#11 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:03 am

Hargrim wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:37 am
daniilpb wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:35 am For me, I’d really like to see a huuuge increase of exp gain from quests. There are so many interesting quests out there, even PQs may be really exciting (I spent a lot of time doing them on Live and never regret it). So, it makes me really sad that it is muuuuch more productive to grind mobs with brains off than read interesting storylines and travel through magnificent world of Warhammer.

The recent increase of XP from NPCs being required for quests was not enough?
It’s better than before but not all quests is about killing npcs. Looks like people still feel unsatisfied.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Vandinar

Post#12 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 am

You can literally get to 40 in 2-3 days by PvE questing.

kweedko

Post#13 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:08 am

Hargrim wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:37 am

The recent increase of XP from NPCs being required for quests was not enough?
Yes wasn't quests in mmo it's a pain in the ass, to trade your subscription time for asshours of lvling. Here we don't have the sbscripton and not making money from people spending they time in game they why should you enlarge more and more the boring part of WAR - lvling the chars lvls? WAR always was a quick lvling game - and your implementaitions of it kill that part of the FUN in WAR. Here people have 1-2 chars and the when they think about roll a new one they rmmeber how painfull lvl was and they either quit or keep playing their mains.

You make WAR in to Korean Grind Game and this is not fun.

TanithScout

Post#14 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:28 am

Its a team game guys, get a synergistic second class to your and find good spots to aoe grind mobs if questing isn't your bag. There ARE spots, and it IS fast.

The 'rr/gear' arguement is a fallacy. Queue the occaisional scs and youll have RR and tokens to downgrade into dev/anni to be fully locked and loaded and ready for pvp. No you wont hit r40 with 5x RR which is I would argue you start to become properly viable, but its a choice.

Levelling is easy if you know how. If you don't, ask.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

mogt

Post#15 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 am

hagrim is right. and the other players stop crying, the lvl is fast enough and it is not broing it is all fine, the players must learn to play, all is fine , and the lvling is fast enough and nothing is boring take a group, and do quests why all crying the lvling is boring or to long, it is all fine, the people want the easiest waya and that is wrong.

Nameless

Post#16 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:43 am

I leveled all my chars only with sc's and sc quests. It was fun and very enjoyable esp considering that class feel at lower tiers scs is totaly different.

My only issues with that kind of lvling was 32-40 road and the lack of sc pops. Esp 32-40 was super slow and painfull. Sc pop was fine but back then we had double the poppulation that we have now
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

anarchypark

Post#17 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:54 am

leveling is part of rpg game.
glow with your character.

if someone can't handle 40lvl xp farming,
pretty sure he can't endure orvr/sc farm.

suggest mentor system or something with nice approach. It might convince devs.

though i want them work on fortress first.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Sulorie

Post#18 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 am

The same down-rank mechanic used in the new city instances could maybe used on a individual basis to rank down a e.g. r40 to the rank of an apprentice to play together in lowlvl zones. The opposite way, increase apprentice rank to 40, would be the wrong decision IMO, because you can skip low lvl pve zones.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Kretschmer

Post#19 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 am

There are now some problems slowing gearing / leveling process like:
1. problem with getting birthday ring, skaven ring, main city teleportation scroll from T3 due to deleted / bugged quests.
2. in last 1-2 weeks there are more points where u can be stuck, terrain can kill ya (even in IC on road flightmaster- trainer), more crashes
3. both sides of conflict have different chances to get to 40 level equally fast:
- order has easy to pick up early 4 kills repeatable kill quest from DW wc to Praag wc with very good gold and exp reward
- destro early ruin set PQs are slower, with lower rewards and much worse real bag chances ( espec when u compare bad destro Caledor ones with 3 excellent - good for solo, 2-3 peeps or group order Eataine ones (2 of them soloable on strong solo toon early)
- lot more NPC mobs on order side are neutral compared to destro - good, fast traver tru order Caledor compared to not so nice in destro Eataine part
Still if u grind pve PQ areas (u dont have to end pqs) or some nice pve spots - u can create new toon and be 40 lvl in 2-3 days, with better chances for uping your rr/infl aswell during weekend.
Still i remember solo leveling during Live was slower (even including nice LotD option).

I did here 22-25 chars (some deleted, destro and order) from 1 to 40 solo.

I wanna say again, leveling 1- 40 is nothing, just moment when u compare it to getting top rvr/ sc set now/ top scenario weapon/ proper subjugator weapon for some classes.
This game starts after 40/41.
I know lots of ppl want just insta access scroll to lvl 40, insta gain, insta gear, 6v6 deathmatch instead of rvr/sc. I think there are lots of MOBA around for them.

catholicism198

Post#20 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Vandinar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 am You can literally get to 40 in 2-3 days by PvE questing.
Maybe in total time played, but questing overall is just as slow if not slower than mob grinding.
It feels pretty smooth during the early levels but then when you hit 31..........